iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 21, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #7,516 of 13,503
Quote:
That indeed seem to be the problem! Going back to 1.1.7 apparently did not clear the cache & data of the music player.
The buggy file now plays without any problem, though is still need to figure out how to not make it skips the 1st few seconds of the file...
I think I will give its chance and do a proper burn-in before any critical listening.

Thank you very much :wink:

Skipping the first few seconds is solved in 1.2.3 
wink.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #7,518 of 13,503
Quote:

Can't answer 4 - 6, but for the others....

1) Still one or two weird things for me.  On the main player if you use CopyInOrder that seems to resolve 99+% of them

2) I have had a few cover.jpgs left over from cleaning up tags and not had any issues

3) Don't use Poweramp, but the iBasso EQ has a number of different preset settings for different music types but only one custom setting.

Thanks! I'll have to take a look at CopyInOrder then. ¿Do you have your files organized in folders or use tags?
I'll do some research abaout Poweramp.
Quote:
6) It works great with ATH-M50's. Those are my current 'main' headphones and they sound great!

They are my main headphones too, until my next purchase ass soon as I can!
L3000.gif

Quote:
Dropping:    It depends upon what you drop it on and how it hits the surface. I have dropped mine a few times on a soft surface from about 3 feet. No problem. Oh, I did drop it on a hard surface, concrete once from a few feet. no problem and it must have landed on the back as there wasn't any scratch to the face/glass. 

Good to know It can survive a fall, thanks!

So I guess there are not many OGG users here? I believe I had read somewhere that it was better sounding than mp3, that's why I've been reaping in this format (I need to save memory as well)

Aug 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #7,520 of 13,503
Quote:
Kinda funny though when I use my DX100 as a transport on 1.1.7 there is no delay or fading in on the beginning of each track. I still don't see the sound quality up to par regardless on 1.2.3 :wink:.

I am tending to prefer 1.1.7 firmware. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #7,521 of 13,503
Quote:
I am tending to prefer 1.1.7 firmware. 

If you wanna take advantage of both wolds then revert to 1.2.3. You would then do a factory reset to implement 1.2.3 settings. Then you select play all albums/play all music (long press). When you do this it will allow all your tags to show up on 1.1.7 (if you embedded album art into the tags) if you revert back (but you don't do a factor reset when back on 1.1.7 or you'll lose the album art). Kinda a nice touch/workaround. With that I don't have to bother with downloading extra stuff on my unit and am quite happy. 1.2.3s background also has a more luxurious look to it :).

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #7,524 of 13,503
One thing I have noticed recently is that the DX100 sounds so much better as a transport with the optical out...as previously when I used the coax out, it sounded rather flat, bland and boring when sourcing the V800 Dac.

Now it is so much more lively........anyone else tried the two digital outputs into a standalone DAC?

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #7,525 of 13,503
One thing I have noticed recently is that the DX100 sounds so much better as a transport with the optical out...as previously when I used the coax out, it sounded rather flat, bland and boring when sourcing the V800 Dac.

Now it is so much more lively........anyone else tried the two digital outputs into a standalone DAC?

I did but it was a few months & a few f/w versions ago. I couldn't tell a difference. Benchmark DAC1 Pre & SRM-727A/SR-009.

I can try again tonight.

What f/w were you using?

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #7,526 of 13,503
Quote:
I did but it was a few months & a few f/w versions ago. I couldn't tell a difference. Benchmark DAC1 Pre & SRM-727A/SR-009.
I can try again tonight.
What f/w were you using?

I am using the 1.1.7 firmware, finding it to sound more correct in a DX100 > V800 > V200 or L3/LLP

Would be great to hear your thoughts regarding the two digital outputs.

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #7,527 of 13,503
Quote:

The mini-jack coax S/PDIF output is terrible. I tried it with the Metrum Octave and didn't like the result at all. Some DACs that have good re-clocking circuits may not have any issues.

Optical in itself is not great, but I've used it at meets and in stores to demo gear or with my Reference 7.1 when I was repairing my compututer.

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #7,528 of 13,503
Quote:

I have tried both and regularly use the optical into a DB-1 to feed a balanced signal to my SR71b.  The optical sounds great and the DX100 sounds better as a transport than a standalone unit (and at least as good as my iriver h140 in the same configuration). 

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #7,529 of 13,503
Quote:
I have tried both and regularly use the optical into a DB-1 to feed a balanced signal to my SR71b.  The optical sounds great and the DX100 sounds better as a transport than a standalone unit (and at least as good as my iriver h140 in the same configuration). 

I have done the same but with the DB-2 into the SR71b and the fi.Q and the sound is very open and dynamic. Many options and with the 1.7 firmware, I am a happy camper. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back