iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #7,486 of 13,503
My dx100's touch panel stopped working for an unknown reason. Last time i did is to navigate the menus then it suddenly starts to make a cracking sound while playing. When i switch off the screen everythig goes back to normal. Bur when i switch on the screen again, then touch anything on the screen the noise comes back.

I tried resetting multiple times and waiting for everything to load up, i still cant do anything with the touchscreen. Volume control and on-off switch works fine though.

Any ideas guys?

Aug 18, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #7,487 of 13,503
Quote:
My dx100's touch panel stopped working for an unknown reason. Last time i did is to navigate the menus then it suddenly starts to make a cracking sound while playing. When i switch off the screen everythig goes back to normal. Bur when i switch on the screen again, then touch anything on the screen the noise comes back.
I tried resetting multiple times and waiting for everything to load up, i still cant do anything with the touchscreen. Volume control and on-off switch works fine though.
Any ideas guys?

Well you can try reload the firmware or maybe try revert back to 1.1.7 and see if it works. But if you can't even do anything with the screen then I'm at a loss.... I had a similar issue before with my original unit. At times I couldn't use the screen unless I had the player in side view mode.

Aug 18, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #7,488 of 13,503
Quote:
Any ideas guys?

Is this after you start up the player, or just suddenly happens after using it for a while.....

I have encountered the same situation on 1.2.3 but only after start up as it took so long to boot up and for the OS to function properly.....But I am back on 1.1.7 now and don't encounter any such problems. 

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #7,489 of 13,503
It happens while the player is running. Ill try to downgrade later to 1.1.7 but not sure if the dx100 can do that since it doesnt let me do anything on the screen.

Also it boots really slow now. Even without an external microSD card.

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #7,490 of 13,503
It happens while the player is running. Ill try to downgrade later to 1.1.7 but not sure if the dx100 can do that since it doesnt let me do anything on the screen.

Ooh...please let us know if you can get back to 1.1.7 and if problem with the touchscreen still exists. Many thanks!!!

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #7,492 of 13,503
Does anyone have a background noise when using the device? I hear something that sounds like air being let out of a balloon at background noise levels. I usually can't hear it once the music starts playing but it bothers the hell out of me to know it's there. It stays the same level no matter what gain or volume level I use, so if I'm listening to music quietly I can sometimes hear it during quieter passages.

I'm planning on getting the Fit Ear TG!334's (as soon as I get the money together) and when I demo'd them with the DX100 I heard this background noise a bit louder than what I usually do with my Westone 4's.

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #7,493 of 13,503
Quote:
Does anyone have a background noise when using the device? I hear something that sounds like air being let out of a balloon at background noise levels. I usually can't hear it once the music starts playing but it bothers the hell out of me to know it's there. It stays the same level no matter what gain or volume level I use, so if I'm listening to music quietly I can sometimes hear it during quieter passages.

I'm planning on getting the Fit Ear TG!334's (as soon as I get the money together) and when I demo'd them with the DX100 I heard this background noise a bit louder than what I usually do with my Westone 4's.

No. I don't get that. I can pick up on some minor hiss though on medium gain. Other than that its dead quite. When I did have the wireless enabled though it did make noise. I always shut down all processes besides the music player and android keyboard. I am on 1.1.7 though, not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #7,494 of 13,503
No. I don't get that. I can pick up on some minor hiss though on medium gain. Other than that its dead quite. When I did have the wireless enabled though it did make noise. I always shut down all processes besides the music player and android keyboard. I am on 1.1.7 though, not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

No, the noise followed me through firmware updates.

I'm glad its not normal. I can expect an even better dx100 after rma then :).

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #7,495 of 13,503
Heres my update. Impossible to update. I cant press usb debug thing so that the dx100 will be connected to the computer. Therefore i cant transfer the firmware to the dx100.

Any ideas? If there arent any, its time to return to ibasso lol

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #7,496 of 13,503
Quote:
Heres my update. Impossible to update. I cant press usb debug thing so that the dx100 will be connected to the computer. Therefore i cant transfer the firmware to the dx100.
Any ideas? If there arent any, its time to return to ibasso lol

Sorry to say sounds like you both got lemons and not enough sugar.... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back