iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #7,471 of 13,503
Quote:
There's plenty of recovery option. Writing a custom bootloader or porting clockworkmod is a different matter - and needed for creating, extracting and loading a custom rom. Which is why I am happy with just slightly improving the stock rom
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, spill it. lol. How does one boot the device into recovery? Vol+ and power?

I am still baffled at the 2.3.1 choice for OS.

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #7,474 of 13,503
Quote:
Hey guys, the HM-901 has 2X the 8 channel ES-9018 DAC chip that the DX100 has! It must sound twice as good!!!!
beerchug.gif

Just wait until the FIG-666 comes out.

it has 4 ES9018!! Folks that is a total of 32 channels! It will be used for Balanced channels transmission within the unit itself thereby eliminating ALL external interference! :wink:

but it can also be connected to a 32 channel mixer board for live mixing!!

Battery life will be about 1 hour though... sorry!
beerchug.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #7,475 of 13,503
Quote:

Just wait until the FIG-666 comes out.

it has 4 ES9018!! Folks that is a total of 32 channels! It will be used for Balanced channels transmission within the unit itself thereby eliminating ALL external interference! :wink:

but it can also be connected to a 32 channel mixer board for live mixing!!

Battery life will be about 1 hour though... sorry!
beerchug.gif

I guess it will be a devil of a dac. :^)

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #7,477 of 13,503
So..did I miss anything guys?

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #7,478 of 13,503
Aug 17, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #7,479 of 13,503
I got to audition the Alo Rx mk IIIb with my DX100 last night and I was lucky - With the Heir 8.A it sounded slightly different compared to the single-ended amp of the DX100, but not necessarily better. Head-fi'er Helledie (also a DX100 owner) was less fortunate... His He-500 sounds amazing from the Alo Rx mk IIIb. They're good straight from the DX100, but the Alo just takes them to a whole other level.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #7,480 of 13,503
Quote:
I got to audition the Alo Rx mk IIIb with my DX100 last night and I was lucky - With the Heir 8.A it sounded slightly different compared to the single-ended amp of the DX100, but not necessarily better. Head-fi'er Helledie (also a DX100 owner) was less fortunate... His He-500 sounds amazing from the Alo Rx mk IIIb. They're good straight from the DX100, but the Alo just takes them to a whole other level.

In that case you really need to tag a L3 on to the DX100......

A fellow head fi-er has confirmed my opinions that the L3 is in a different league to the RX mk3 and 71b
wink_face.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #7,482 of 13,503

Soren,

The Heir 8.A's are that efficient huh :wink:? I dare you to plug those through an -i-D-e-v-i-c-e- :wink:!!

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #7,484 of 13,503
Quote:
Well, spill it. lol. How does one boot the device into recovery? Vol+ and power?

I am still baffled at the 2.3.1 choice for OS.

Yep. Then when you get the Android & Warning sign you push power+vol up again and you're in recovery.

As for 2.3.1: Me too, but it gets the job done.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #7,485 of 13,503
Phew... I just finished reading the whole 499 pages (It took me about a week, not too long each time). I think I'm going to order one next month as soon as my sallary comes. I Just have a few questions I feel haven't been thorougly answered. So I'll just type them:

1- What has happened with the order in which files play after the last firmware update?
I have all my music sorted like this: Artist\Album\## - Track title
Does this method make sense in the DX100? I don't have any tags as I have never bothered to tag my CD-reaps, since the way I't is organized makes perfect sense to me. I also don't use playlists much, only to select in advance which file I want to play next while listening.

2- It has been mentioned that If a not playable file sits in a folder, then the player crashes since it trys to read it (when it is let to play on it's own and eventually gets to it) Does this still happen? I have most of the artwork as separate .jpg files on each folder which has me worried.

3- About EQ, I would like to save different EQ's for different headphones and listening environments, is this possible with Poweramp? Also, is there any parametric EQ app that may work? I don't know if it makes sense, but beeing able to have a parametric EQ would be awesome, for me at least.

4- How does it do with variable bitrate OGG Vorbis (320 kbps average)? Many of my CD-reaps are in this format, and I don't think anything has been mentioned about it.

5- Any thoughts on how does it sound with the ATH - M50? I'll be upgrading headphones as soon as I can but now a DAP is the priority (my cowon A3 broke after a few years of good service, it made me really sad but i'm over it now :p)

6- Has anyone dropped it yet (from more than a few inches as previously commented)? This is only accesory information, but it would be nice to have an idea about how resistant it is

Well I guess that is all, I'm sorry I'm asking so much, I'm just very interested on this device, and I don't expect long answers. I think most of the questions can be answered briefly. So again sorry for writing so much, I wanted to make myself as clear as possible and my english is, to say the least, a little rusty.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back