iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #6,961 of 13,503
Sysconcept make high quality optical cables to order for reasonable prices. Just be VERY carefull with the wording on the order or they will screew you around and not deliver what you thought you ordered and they confirmed they would deliver

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #6,962 of 13,503
So I guess iBasso didn't release the firmware upgrade this past weekend huh?

Jul 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #6,965 of 13,503
Quote:
Sysconcept make high quality optical cables to order for reasonable prices. Just be VERY carefull with the wording on the order or they will screew you around and not deliver what you thought you ordered and they confirmed they would deliver

I'm using a sysconcept 1300 strand mini to toslink optical cable and it works great with the dx100.  I haven't had any trouble with sysconcept, other than their website Canadian to US dollar pricing conversion is screwed up.  If you email a clarification request ahead of your order, they will make sure you get the correct cable. 

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #6,966 of 13,503
I have a number of Sysconcept cables and never had a problem with them getting them wrong. I have a couple of the 1300 and one that is 13,000 but the 13,000 is touchy so you are better off with the 1300. 

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #6,967 of 13,503
I spent quite a bit of time on the weekend trying to get order of tracks correct with different tags, adding / removing, different ffile formats, etc and got nowhere so I think I'm stuck until the next firmware and then take it up with iBasso again if that doesn't work.

Next step is to look at which album art is working and try to find a common theme there.

Jul 16, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #6,968 of 13,503
I just used an album art tagger to do most of the work. Then the ones it screwed up on I go and manually input those files myself. But ibasso should really fix the tag issue to allow the album art to show via tags. I have no issue at all with Power Amp and everything shows 100% correct without going through extra hassle.

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #6,969 of 13,503
I am listening to the Allman Brothers Band, Reach for the Sky and I have to tell you, it is great on the DX100! I am using the PortaPros modified with holes drilled in the plastic baffle and a quarter sized hole cut in the foam. Great detail and openness. Just beautiful. Taught percussion and wailing guitars. 

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #6,970 of 13,503
Quote:

I'm using a sysconcept 1300 strand mini to toslink optical cable and it works great with the dx100.  I haven't had any trouble with sysconcept, other than their website Canadian to US dollar pricing conversion is screwed up.  If you email a clarification request ahead of your order, they will make sure you get the correct cable. 

I have over the years bought 3 cables from them. This last time I had a lengthy email conversation with them specifying exactly what I wanted and they confirmed that was what I would get yet they just send me the standard product and then claimed that they had never promissed me anything. I will never order from them again when they behave like that but their products are very high quality.

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #6,971 of 13,503
I tried the Rx3 with the DX100 last sunday. Single ended only, no connectors for balanced for the headphones i tested. and the IC is a mundorf IC. did about 10-15 mins to match the volume of the dx100 amp and the rx3 amp and i find them sound almost the same, although the rx3 has a smoother presentation in the midrange as some recordings can sound harsh when i use the internal amp of the dx100. I already finding the dx100 amp 'clean-sounding' but the rx3 sounds more clearer when comparing them. Again, i haven't tried balanced, only single ended.

headphones used
yamaha hp1
yamaha yh100
dt1350
cd900st
akg k260pro

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #6,973 of 13,503
This is my current rig... I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Ibasso DX100 -> Magnus 1 copper/silver/kevlar -> Heir 8.A.

Jul 17, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #6,974 of 13,503
So are there any others that feel this recent update is a quite-noticeable improvement in sound? With the older firmware the sound was a bit boosted with EQ off and too thin with EQ on. Now it's just right with EQ off. Much more enjoyable IMO.

Jul 17, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #6,975 of 13,503
Quote:
So are there any others that feel this recent update is a quite-noticeable improvement in sound? With the older firmware the sound was a bit boosted with EQ off and too thin with EQ on. Now it's just right with EQ off. Much more enjoyable IMO.

I share the same thoughts .........the update has made the DX100 sound very natural with great tonality, I am enjoying mine as a DAP more than anytime since I have had it......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back