iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 17, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #6,976 of 13,503
Same. I thought the internal amp section was pretty good before but wow its a lot better now. Strangely I preferred the full size headphone out before the most recent update. Now I prefer the sound from the 3.5 HO. Now ibasso just has to fix the gap-less playback, make album art show properly when embedded in tags, and offer a minimalist firmware with all the junk cut out and only the necessaries for snappier responsiveness. After which they are really setting the standard hi for "Reference Audiophile DAP" :).

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #6,977 of 13,503
YES! I now have all albums playing in proper order! Sadly, the fix I found confirms the suspicion that files are played in the order they're transferred to the DX100...

1) Get the small program "Copy in order" here
2) To avoid spending hours copying your files to the DX100 (and microSD) again, rename your music folder and create a new folder called music. Or whatever you want it to be called. Do the same on your microSD.
3) Run the Copy In Order program and use it to move your music files from the old folder to the new. Like this:

4) Once you've done this for the microSD as well as the internal storage, safely disconnect the DX100 and reboot it. Let it sit for 5 minutes as it is now re-indexing your music collection.
5) If your music files are named similarly to mine (%tracknumber% - %title%, ie 01 - Perfect Darkness.flac) they are now listed (and will play) in the proper order. Mp3tag is a great tool if you need to rename them. Assuming your tags are in order, you just click the Tag -> Filename button.
6) Try to control your rage when you realise that you will have to add all the artwork again.
7) Enjoy!

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #6,978 of 13,503
Quote:
YES! I now have all albums playing in proper order! Sadly, the fix I found confirms the suspicion that files are played in the order they're transferred to the DX100...

2) To avoid spending hours copying your files to the DX100 (and microSD) again, rename your music folder and create a new folder called music. Or whatever you want it to be called. Do the same on your microSD.
3) Run the Copy In Order program and use it to move your music files from the old folder to the new. Like this:

4) Once you've done this for the microSD as well as the internal storage, safely disconnect the DX100 and reboot it. Let it sit for 5 minutes as it is now re-indexing your music collection.
5) If your music files are named similarly to mine (%tracknumber% - %title%, ie 01 - Perfect Darkness.flac) they are now listed in the proper order. Mp3tag is a great tool if you need to rename them. Assuming your tags are in order, you just click the Tag -> Filename button.
6) Try to control your rage when you realise that you will have to add all the artwork again.
7) Enjoy!

I've noticed that iTunes works just fine, too, as long as you have song numbers in the track number section of the app. I've had no problems with FLAC, WAV, or ALAC.

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #6,979 of 13,503
Quote:
I've noticed that iTunes works just fine, too, as long as you have song numbers in the track number section of the app. I've had no problems with FLAC, WAV, or ALAC.

This would explain why some have this problem, some dont and others have all their albums listed in reverse. It all depends on how you transfer music to the DX100 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #6,980 of 13,503
Indeed. I won't say that the DX100 firmware is great, but for sure, if you take care when ripping your music, there will be 0 issues.

I've been doing this since 2005 with a Meizu player and then Cowon and Sony players. Always, I must take care to properly tag each file. iTunes/Max make it a breeze and there is no extra software necessary at all. 

If you are downloading from torrents or something, you may have difficulty, but that is because the music is probably improperly tagged. Do it right the first time and that is all you will need.
Quote:
This would explain why some have this problem, some dont and others have all their albums listed in reverse. It all depends on how you transfer music to the DX100 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #6,981 of 13,503
Quote:
Indeed. I won't say that the DX100 firmware is great, but for sure, if you take care when ripping your music, there will be 0 issues.

I've been doing this since 2005 with a Meizu player and then Cowon and Sony players. Always, I must take care to properly tag each file. iTunes/Max make it a breeze and there is no extra software necessary at all. 

If you are downloading from torrents or something, you may have difficulty, but that is because the music is probably improperly tagged. Do it right the first time and that is all you will need.

I'm pretty damn CDO* about my tags and file names so this was a very quick fix for me 
smile.gif

*It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order. As they should be.

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #6,983 of 13,503
Quote:

5) If your music files are named similarly to mine (%tracknumber% - %title%, ie 01 - Perfect Darkness.flac) they are now listed (and will play) in the proper order. Mp3tag is a great tool if you need to rename them. Assuming your tags are in order, you just click the Tag -> Filename button.
7) Enjoy!

Sorensiim, thanks so much for this.

Tried it with one album before I let it loose on the entire library and noticed something very interesting.....

Although for me the order is still wrong (different from before, but still wrong), the move using Copy in Order caused the album art to show up - not sure why, but I'll take it.

Now just have to figure out why the order is still off (on a 12 track album it now goes 7 thru 1 followed by 12 thru 8).

In terms of how I move files - I was dragging and dropping in Windows Explorer originally, but all of my tags are managed through mp3tag.

Edit,

Not working for me so looks like I need to move everything from my original source again, but I'll try using Copy in Order.

Sucks, but worth it if successful

Edit 2,

Tried using Copy in Order on a couple of albums to move from laptop to DX100 and watched as the files were copied in order, but then showed up in reverse as before on the DX100.  Will play around a bit more, but not going to reload 60+ gigs to end up in the same place.

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #6,984 of 13,503
More Allman Brothers. I am surprised how well much of their music is recorded. 

On cover art. Most all mine shows up, once I click on the album for the first time. It then stays and is there in the Album section and in the individual song section. 

Jul 20, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #6,986 of 13,503
Blimey it's quiet in here, or is this the clam before the storm ? (next S/W update) :D

Wont be running in blindly for the next update.... Im happy with the the whole EQ SQ I have at the moment.

Jul 20, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #6,987 of 13,503
Same. But if they can fix gapless, fix album art embedded into tags, eliminate more unneeded processes and clutter, further improve responsiveness (improve sleep drain if possible) and allow for power amp usage again I'd go for it. Sound is spot on as far as I'm concerned.

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #6,989 of 13,503
Quote:
I'll take it in an attempt to get songs to play in the right order!

Tried this? 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/592076/ibasso-dx100-true-24-bit-for-bit-reviews-impressions-apps-imgs-video-pg-1-in-stock/6975#post_8539127

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #6,990 of 13,503
Quote:
Tried this? 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/592076/ibasso-dx100-true-24-bit-for-bit-reviews-impressions-apps-imgs-video-pg-1-in-stock/6975#post_8539127

Yes I did - I tried it on one album using the method you described (rename and move) and it changed the order (but still not right, and predominantly backwards) and bizarrely caused the album art to turn up.  Then tried it on everything to see what happened and no difference - still reversed.

I then wiped an album off of the DX100 completely and reloaded it with CopyInOrder.  I watched the progress piece and saw that it did load them in the correct order, but still shows up in reverse on the DX100.  Quiet day in the office today - Friday in the summer so planning to play around with a few things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back