iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #5,761 of 13,503
Quote:

This doesn't always work it seems. If I turn on the unit and do the above, the battery does not drain at all, quite nice. Bad bit of news is if I play something on the stock player for a few seconds, pause it, and then repeat these steps the battery will still drain like crazy. Perhaps the stock player activates something and never shuts it down? Strange.. 
confused_face_2.gif

I haven't really noticed this so I'll have to do more testing. I mean I forgot it was on for like 4 hours and didn't notice any drain. This is even after activating the music player (I pause the player before exiting to the main menu). Then again if that is the case you could always end the music player process and still do the above.

I notice though when doing the above I hear noise as if the player is going into a sleep mode.

May 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #5,762 of 13,503
One of the positives for me since the firmware update is that the DX100 is sounding much better when being charged and playing. As most are aware, I hardly use the player as a DAP, rather just as a source for either Triad L3 for IEMs and now the Violectric V200 for Cans.

Whilst before, it was really noisy and dirty sounding when charging, since the firmware update, there is very little discernible difference between being powered off the mains or internal batteries. This has at least for me eliminated the need to worry about run time on the battery. 

May 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #5,763 of 13,503
Help Please!!
Got my DX-100 today :dt880smile:
Loaded several hi-res albums, which I downloaded from HDTrack.com (the complete folders, just as they were downloaded, FLAC format)
All I see in theDX-100 are files that look like 001.NUL and nothing is playing.
A quick advice or link to an 'how-to' would be greatly appreciated (note that I am an Android noobe, coming from the plug-n-play world of Apple).
Thanks in advance!

The same thing happened when I downloaded an album from HDtrack.com. It also showed NUL. I ended up removing the individual files (which were shown correctly) from the album and pasting them to my sd card. I then selected each individual file and added it to a playlist that I made up with the same name as the album that wouldn't play. Now I can play all the songs on the (nonplaying) album by just playing the playlist of the same name. I don't know what the problem is with HD tracks, but something is going wrong. I doubt whether I will order any more from them.

May 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #5,766 of 13,503
Quote:
The same thing happened when I downloaded an album from HDtrack.com. It also showed NUL. I ended up removing the individual files (which were shown correctly) from the album and pasting them to my sd card. I then selected each individual file and added it to a playlist that I made up with the same name as the album that wouldn't play. Now I can play all the songs on the (nonplaying) album by just playing the playlist of the same name. I don't know what the problem is with HD tracks, but something is going wrong. I doubt whether I will order any more from them.

From HDtracks downloads........keep everything as storage on the PC.

For transfer to the DX100, it is best just to transfer the songs re-tagged, showing 01 02 03 04 05 etc and extract a cover art from mp3tag into the file folder. Takes just a few minutes.

May 4, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #5,767 of 13,503
Notwithstanding Mayday public holiday Im starting to get slightly frustrated at iBasso not acting on what they said they would do in sending a replacement DX100 even though they said they would send one immediately upon email copy of receipt of me sending the damaged one back. As it is,  Ive spent $65 on postage and returned it and its already in China now ready to be delivered and I still haven't got any communication on a consignment number or payment for postage.

Starting to look like (based on their inaction) that they won't send a replacement until they receive the old one back which if true is poor form based on what they promised 
mad.gif

May 4, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #5,769 of 13,503
Mine came with a number of scratches, which I assumed were just on the screen protector. Now I just realised two of these hairline scratches making a "rainbow" effect, after viewing a white background. I suppose this means the scratches are on the actual glass...

Damn, feel bit bummed out, esp for the price it costs, that the glass is scratched underneath the pre-included screen protector. But a part of me doesn't really wanna go through the trouble of sending it back. Sigh. :frowning2:

May 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #5,770 of 13,503
No, the rainbow effect does not necessarily mean the glass is scratched. I'm typing this message on my Samsung GS2 and I have an unscratched screen with a scratched screen protector and I have the rainbow 'refraction' effect visible.

Whilst I'm not ruling out the possibility of your glass being scratched, it is more likely that if you remove your plastic protector, your scratches will disappear into the bin :)

May 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #5,771 of 13,503
I am confident that iBasso will post the replacement before they get yours back. When I had an issue with a D12 they honored their word and shipped upon receipt of confirmed shipping of the original unit.

May 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #5,772 of 13,503
Quote:
No, the rainbow effect does not necessarily mean the glass is scratched. I'm typing this message on my Samsung GS2 and I have an unscratched screen with a scratched screen protector and I have the rainbow 'refraction' effect visible.
Whilst I'm not ruling out the possibility of your glass being scratched, it is more likely that if you remove your plastic protector, your scratches will disappear into the bin
smily_headphones1.gif

Thx Mython. Certainly hoping that's so. I visited a cellphone case kiosk, and the folk tried their best to find the right sized protector, but unfortunately no cigar. Guess I'll shop around somemore. Last resort wld be to cut down an ipad sized one like you mentioned.

Also just experienced the loud pop that many have described. So far it only happens when there's no music playing, and I wake the unit with the power button. No issues when  music's playing whether waking the screen up or removing/inserting the plug.

May 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #5,773 of 13,503
Quote:
While I wait: does any know how to format the microSD cards to FAT32 on a Mac, or is this something that can be done on the DX100?

Disk Utility will do it.

I tried the DX100 with HD-650s today. Can't say I'm as impressed by the DX100 with high impedance cans as I am with low impedance ones.

May 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #5,775 of 13,503
Quote:
Notwithstanding Mayday public holiday Im starting to get slightly frustrated at iBasso not acting on what they said they would do in sending a replacement DX100 even though they said they would send one immediately upon email copy of receipt of me sending the damaged one back. As it is,  Ive spent $65 on postage and returned it and its already in China now ready to be delivered and I still haven't got any communication on a consignment number or payment for postage.

Starting to look like (based on their inaction) that they won't send a replacement until they receive the old one back which if true is poor form based on what they promised 
mad.gif

FWIW - when I returned mine for a refund, to their credit, after a couple of back and forth email exchanges (they ALWAYS responded within a few days), they did credit my PP account with a partial refund (most - the second payment of my purchase price) before they'd got the unit back.  It was over a month before I did get the balance of my shipment when they finally were able to get the unit back from Customs.  The refunded me my full purchase price and my return shipping back to them (minus the paypal fee to me for refunding the initial payment to them which had gone beyond two months at that point - so PP doesn't allow a fee-free refund). Anyway, it may be a bit frustrating, but, based upon my own experience, I would not be concerned that they will not follow through, but you may have to be patient.  Mine was not an exchange so I don't know if this is anything to go by, but certainly it reflected a company with integrity.  You probably need to take into consideration that they have to contend with their own customs which may have different regulations than your own, as well as the fact that they are a small company with a high demand on product that is essentially still evolving.  

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back