iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 4, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #3,886 of 13,503
What does this mean?

[TD]Shipment held - Available upon receipt of payment[/TD]​
[TD]
LONDON-HEATHROW - UK
[/TD]​
Why they don't ship my DX100?

You will receive a phone call from DHL sometime today or tomorrow, to arrange for you to make a credit card payment to clear customs charges. Only then will they release the package and schedule it for delivery the next working day (i.e. not including weekend).

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #3,887 of 13,503

Quote:
Well thats no good as Im getting this to play my FLACs.. so its the original player for me

Ya' know you could always download PowerAmp Trial (10 days? 14 days?) and if it really doesn't work (rather than just what we head-fier's here been saying), you could just delete the app.

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #3,888 of 13,503

Quote:
Ya' know you could always download PowerAmp Trial (10 days? 14 days?) and if it really doesn't work (rather than just what we head-fier's here been saying), you could just delete the app.

Yeah will give it a go but will try and go with stock player.. for me the only reason I bought this is I want a  transportable DAP that plays Hi Res FLACS.. I have an iPad and I have a iPhone so not interested in any bling apps or wifi or watching movies blah blah.. just want simple pure hi res FLACS and a decent DAC.. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #3,889 of 13,503

Quote:
My DX100 is at LONDON - HEATHROW - UK wich is 50 minutes from where i live.
Can't wait...
wink.gif
.....but Fedex is much faster and better tracking system them DHL...

I'd be interested in actually hearing the DX100 when you've got it sorted and burnt-in.... you're not far from me (I'm in Kent) if that is at all possible.

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #3,890 of 13,503

Quote:
Would be interesting to connect the DX100 digital output to a DAC like the Yolung D100 that's capable of displaying the sample rate it's being  fed... I loved the display of the D100 when I had one as it made it very easy to check if I managed to get bit-perfect playback working in Linux & Windows 
smile.gif

Well done, well done. Is it still in circulation and why did you let it go?

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #3,891 of 13,503

Quote:
Congrats to you new DX recipients!
This is my experience too.
Also I found a setting in Poweramp that allows you to change process priority from normal to high.
Regarding the mock locations.... this thing has no GPS correct? So I wonder if the mock locations will have any impact.

So, feeding us half baked cake? where is it?...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #3,892 of 13,503

Quote:
You will receive a phone call from DHL sometime today or tomorrow, to arrange for you to make a credit card payment to clear customs charges. Only then will they release the package and schedule it for delivery the next working day (i.e. not including weekend).

if it's for the full amount you could be in for a nasty shock believe me on that one, my friend from Canada cocked-up on my first WM-Z.... for a $100 value I was hit with £50's worth of charges including P.O handling fees... I learned my lesson as my Jap WM-Z (value $25.00) sailed through customs with only a £14 handling charge by DHL (they invoice for smaller amounts 14days after delivery).

Expect these charges if its for full value, they do it in this order... Import Duty, Handling Fee then VAT

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #3,894 of 13,503

Well done, well done. Is it still in circulation and why did you let it go?

Yeah you can still pick up the D100 right here, great DAC for the money, even has a decent built-in headphone amp. I sold it as it was just collecting dust for me, didn't use it enough. Project86 did a very nice review of it here

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #3,895 of 13,503

Quote:
What does this mean?

Shipment held - Available upon receipt of payment​
LONDON-HEATHROW - UK
Why they don't ship my DX100?

When I got that tracking message I called DHL and arranged delivery the next day and was told how much I owed import duty. It turned up the next day at around lunchtime and I have been in audio bliss since.
Not long to go for you now, hope you enjoy 

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #3,896 of 13,503

and what was the additional charge, give or take...?
Quote:
When I got that tracking message I called DHL and arranged delivery the next day and was told how much I owed import duty. It turned up the next day at around lunchtime and I have been in audio bliss since.
Not long to go for you now, hope you enjoy 

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #3,899 of 13,503
Looks like you did your homework and the DAC is outstanding.

Quote:
Yeah will give it a go but will try and go with stock player.. for me the only reason I bought this is I want a  transportable DAP that plays Hi Res FLACS.. I have an iPad and I have a iPhone so not interested in any bling apps or wifi or watching movies blah blah.. just want simple pure hi res FLACS and a decent DAC.. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #3,900 of 13,503
Cheers, just go it.Had to go they didn't deliver it, only tomorrow.Paid £ 7.63 for the fees.I cannot get the TUne in radio to work.It does play but doesn't make any sound.It does work on any other android device i tried.Any advice?
The DX100 sound good...out of the box...will take some time to make this shine.

Quote:
I'd be interested in actually hearing the DX100 when you've got it sorted and burnt-in.... you're not far from me (I'm in Kent) if that is at all possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back