iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #3,901 of 13,503
Sorry, my mistake.Seeeting-Volume-Media Volume was on 0.Nice sound.Great Radio free app.Radio Tune.

Quote:
Cheers, just go it.Had to go they didn't deliver it, only tomorrow.Paid £ 7.63 for the fees.I cannot get the TUne in radio to work.It does play but doesn't make any sound.It does work on any other android device i tried.Any advice?
The DX100 sound good...out of the box...will take some time to make this shine.

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #3,902 of 13,503

Quote:
I am quite happy to say that I found a solution for my SD card problem, which was also experienced by jax and cubasesx and nicely described by AnakChan:

What I did previously and which causes the problem:

as shown in Windows 7 explorer:

internal
IBASSO\sdcard\Music\<Album 1>
or
IBASSO\sdcard\<Album 1>

external
SD1\Music\<Album 2>
or
SD1\<Album 2>

as shown in File Manager on the DX100 (File Manger is an Android app):
/mnt/storage/sdcard
this corresponds to the external SD card
the top level folder:
/sdcard
corresponds also to the external SD card
The internal SD card is not displayed in File Manager

Now, coming to the solution:
connect the DX100 to the (Windows) desktop
create:
IBASSO\Music\<Album 1>

The folder "Music" must be on the same hierarchical level as the folder "sdcard". Not below.

I keep the structure on the external SD card:
SD1\Music\<Album 2>

Now the File Manager on the DX100 shows:
/mnt/storage/sdcard/Music/<Album 2>
/mnt/storage/Music/<Album 1>
corresponds to the internal SD card
Both cards are displayed in File Manager.

The above was done with a SanDisk 64GB microSDHC card (class 6). Formatted as FAT32. Using either Acronis Disk Utilities or "fat32format" ([size=11.0pt] http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm ) [/size]
The card is a primary volume type and not a logical.

Hope this helps, and prevents some for sending the DX100 back to iBasso (too fast).

Placed on first page for anyone having problems with using the larger card. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #3,904 of 13,503

Quote:
Cheers, just go it.Had to go they didn't deliver it, only tomorrow.Paid £ 7.63 for the fees.I cannot get the TUne in radio to work.It does play but doesn't make any sound.It does work on any other android device i tried.Any advice?
The DX100 sound good...out of the box...will take some time to make this shine.

You made me sad, this is a DAP for High quality music first and last. Pandora was working perfect for Scooter, I own tunein, but will never bother  to try it with the DX100, sorry, as I just factory rested, and only installed programs I will be using. You will come to understand what I mean, Enjoy it. Congrats.

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #3,905 of 13,503

Quote:
I am quite happy to say that I found a solution for my SD card problem, which was also experienced by jax and cubasesx and nicely described by AnakChan:

What I did previously and which causes the problem:

as shown in Windows 7 explorer:

internal
IBASSO\sdcard\Music\<Album 1>
or
IBASSO\sdcard\<Album 1>

external
SD1\Music\<Album 2>
or
SD1\<Album 2>

as shown in File Manager on the DX100 (File Manger is an Android app):
/mnt/storage/sdcard
the top level folder:
/sdcard
corresponds also to the external SD card
The internal SD card is not displayed in File Manager

Now, coming to the solution:
connect the DX100 to the (Windows) desktop
create:
IBASSO\Music\<Album 1>

The folder "Music" must be on the same hierarchical level as the folder "sdcard". Not below.

I keep the structure on the external SD card:
SD1\Music\<Album 2>

Now the File Manager on the DX100 shows:
/mnt/storage/sdcard/Music/<Album 2>
/mnt/storage/Music/<Album 1>
corresponds to the internal SD card
Both cards are displayed in File Manager.

The above was done with a SanDisk 64GB microSDHC card (class 6). Formatted as FAT32. Using either Acronis Disk Utilities or "fat32format" ([size=11.0pt] http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm ) [/size]
The card is a primary volume type and not a logical.

Hope this helps, and prevents some for sending the DX100 back to iBasso (too fast).

townes just tried your fix and it works! Very happy now that I don't have to send my DX100 back as iBasso told me to. Can't see any advantage in a brand new one as I have burned this one in for a little while and have also done the battery routine.

Thankyou, really grateful

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #3,906 of 13,503

Ha ha, i won't use radio, but is good to have it there.Do you use SRC and what settings  and also what is the best gain pissition for 40 ohm ATH.Thanks a lot.

Quote:
You made me sad, this is a DAP for High quality music first and last. Pandora was working perfect for Scooter, I own tunein, but will never bother  to try it with the DX100, sorry, as I just factory rested, and only installed programs I will be using. You will come to understand what I mean, Enjoy it. Congrats.

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #3,907 of 13,503
A couple of you gave some links to some hirez tunes the other day and now I can't find them. Any possibility of reposting? 

Today I notice a further smoothing of the sound. Not loss of dynamics but a more holistic sound, organic and beautiful separation. Using the internal amp. After 300 hours or so, I will again compare to the fi.Q special edition, which I consider one of the finest amps I have heard. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #3,910 of 13,503
Just got a chance to finally listen to my DX100 that arrived on Friday.  First up was my Michael Jackson Thriller SACD rip.  Sound through my JH13 is incredible.  Incredibly clean and powerful output is the distinct first impression.  To my ears, it is clearly better than my HM801.  I haven't listened to my HM801 in months though, and I do not own the GAME amp module.  Eventually I'll get around to comparing.

I have a gut feeling that the HM801/DX100 differences may boil down to preference though, because after testing different desktop DACs, I found that I highly preferred the clean, some say digital, sounding ESS9018 chip.

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #3,911 of 13,503

Quote:
Ha ha, i won't use radio, but is good to have it there.Do you use SRC and what settings  and also what is the best gain pissition for 40 ohm ATH.Thanks a lot.

NO
frown.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #3,912 of 13,503

Quote:
Just got a chance to finally listen to my DX100 that arrived on Friday.  First up was my Michael Jackson Thriller SACD rip.  Sound through my JH13 is incredible.  Incredibly clean and powerful output is the distinct first impression.  To my ears, it is clearly better than my HM801.  I haven't listened to my HM801 in months though, and I do not own the GAME amp module.  Eventually I'll get around to comparing.

I have a gut feeling that the HM801/DX100 differences may boil down to preference though, because after testing different desktop DACs, I found that I highly preferred the clean, some say digital, sounding ESS9018 chip.

Welcome to the club, "Cleaners Club"...

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #3,913 of 13,503
By the way, PowerAmp will automatically assign an image in the album's folder as album art. No messing around whatsoever.

Anyone know how to turn off the annoying (to me) wavy effect in Gallery that occurs when the player isn't held completely straight up and down?

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #3,914 of 13,503

Quote:

I think after burn in, what starts off as more of a digital presentation, will be noticed as more organic and revealing. At first I noticed that the sound was a little edgy but that all smooths out while retaining detail. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #3,915 of 13,503
just had a email from iBasso.... you've got ten days to convince me 'thoroughly' to make the plunge.... bare in mine I'm dire at PC stuff and new to this, so may ask some bog-standardly stupid questions..... see it as 'DX100 for Dummies'.

ok first up... what's the best SD cards to get ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back