iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #3,916 of 13,503
you would need a microSD (of the MicroSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC variety). Any will work, but best quality are from known brands, like Kingston, Sandisk, etc... 

If you buy a microSDXC you will need to reformat it to fat32 to use it in the DX100 properly. 

EDIT: next question, might be useful to just make a list of them. This thread is already filled with lots of information and adding extra length to it like this will only make people more and more likely to just skip over and do just as you are doing. Happy to help though
Quote:
just had a email from iBasso.... you've got ten days to convince me 'thoroughly' to make the plunge.... bare in mine I'm dire at PC stuff and new to this, so may ask some bog-standardly stupid questions..... see it as 'DX100 for Dummies'.

ok first up... what's the best SD cards to get ?

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #3,917 of 13,503
The Samsung 32gb Class 10 microSDHC is a great performer and I believe it to be the current champ of microSD, when comparing price, performance and price pr. Gb :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #3,918 of 13,503

Quote:
If you buy a microSDXC you will need to reformat it to fat32 to use it in the DX100 properly. 

you have just confused the life out of me on that one, I've never used a SD card before, well that's a lie in truth, got the Nikon dealer to put one in for me when I bought the camera, he showed me how to put it in properly etc but I've never taken it out to look at as I just delete automatically when I upload..... most of the time the Nikon just gathers dust in the cupboard though I'll have a use for it this weekend when I have a headphone clearout.

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #3,920 of 13,503
microSD cards are a new, smaller version of an SD card. A regular SD card wont fit in the same slot as a microSD card would. If you really arent wanting to confuse yourself/deal with multiple cards. I suggest a class 10 32gb microSDHC card. Class followed by a number is the rated performance speed for reading from the card and writing to the card. The higher the number, the better quality/performance its been rated for. Also usually directly connected to price differences. With that, you would have 96 gigs of music capacity. after that point, you would only need to connect the wire from the DX100 to your computer to add music.

Quote:

you have just confused the life out of me on that one, I've never used a SD card before, well that's a lie in truth, got the Nikon dealer to put one in for me when I bought the camera, he showed me how to put it in properly etc but I've never taken it out to look at as I just delete automatically when I upload..... most of the time the Nikon just gathers dust in the cupboard thought I'll have a use for it this weekend when I have a headphone clearout.

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #3,921 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:

townes just tried your fix and it works! Very happy now that I don't have to send my DX100 back as iBasso told me to. Can't see any advantage in a brand new one as I have burned this one in for a little while and have also done the battery routine.

Thankyou, really grateful

You are very welcome.
normal_smile%20.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #3,922 of 13,503
If anyone has pertinent in a concise and easy to read format for cards, formatting, UI interface etc., I will post it to the first page so others can easily access the information. I try to follow good posts here, and there are many but miss some and sometimes forget where they are but I would like to repost them to the first page so all can be helped. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #3,923 of 13,503
Do you guys keep the SRC off, or it should be on 192 khz? I play flac files 1000 kbps and above.What is the best gain for 40 ohm headphones?Thanks

Enabling SRC will force the DX100 to up or down-sample to the selected value. Unless you need or want to do this for some reason, the DX100 will automatically decode the music file at the correct value. Up or down sampling from the original encoding does change the SQ somewhat. Whether it is for better or worse is likely a matter of personal preference.

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #3,924 of 13,503

Quote:
microSD cards are a new, smaller version of an SD card. A regular SD card wont fit in the same slot as a microSD card would. If you really arent wanting to confuse yourself/deal with multiple cards. I suggest a class 10 32gb microSDHC card. Class followed by a number is the rated performance speed for reading from the card and writing to the card. The higher the number, the better quality/performance its been rated for. Also usually directly connected to price differences. With that, you would have 96 gigs of music capacity. after that point, you would only need to connect the wire from the DX100 to your computer to add music.

I really appreciate this as it helps me with costing things up.... my follies into head-fi aint been too wise so far, I've owned two WM-Z's that I've sold & now have purchased a third (don't ask), I've got four sets of headphones that I'm selling, bought one Sony set for a A865 (that lasted 3 days, poxy volume cap) that I've used for about an hour, I bought the ES55 & ES7 because of What-Hi 5star rating (hear this, I'm selling them Mr Reviewer), bought a pair of V-Moda M-80's which definately were not for my ears (lovely design & comfort though)... today I bought a pair of Sennheiser Amperior's which are out next week but I figured it will be easy to shift those if I don't like them.... this is all trial and error, error, error at the moment.... but I do like what I'm seeing with regard to the DX100 & will get in touch with my mate who's an IT wiz to see how much he'd charge me to sort the bugs.... I don't really care about the cost (well I do but) as long as I get the sound I want when I'm on the mooch... ho-hum this malarkey may cost me more than I thought, it's a buzz though, no pain no gain.

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #3,925 of 13,503
While DX100 play music with screen off, and yes i have the No Lock app, thanks, to play next song you have to press volume, or on off buttom.Why touching the home hey bring you into the player?Weird..My Samsung did that..But only 2 hours burn in and it does sound better.Wow this is for keeps..

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #3,926 of 13,503
While DX100 play music with screen off, and yes i have the No Lock app, thanks, to play next song you have to press volume, or on off buttom.Why touching the home hey bring you into the player?Weird..My Samsung did that..But only 2 hours burn in and it does sound better.Wow this is for keeps..

Not exactly sure what you mean, but my DX100 would play only one song if I touched an individual file, or an entire album if I chose that or if I had shuffle selected, (which is most of the time) it would play continuous random song selections with the screen off without touching the controls.

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #3,927 of 13,503
Hi Ron,

At the risk of asking you to repeat yourself, is the DX100 everything you had hoped it would be ? I can live with the occasional firmware hiccup if the sound is 'all that' - it also appeals as a high end source for use with desktop kit. but I wanted to wait until the initial 'OMG !' mania had died down. You've had it for a couple months now, and I value your opinion as a guy who heard a lot of kit, esp portable.  

Thanks,

estreeter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back