IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Mar 29, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #302 of 407
Oh, well that's different then. I would be interested in a 2-3000mah power bank like that, depending on cost.
This power bank is designed to connect specifically to this FiiO model, for others, such as ibasso DC Elite, connecting to USB is not entirely convenient.

Mar 29, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #305 of 407
That's not a problem, it would be a simple case change to make it "L" shaped to fit USB C dongle DACs if the USB socket on the end.
For example, a front or rear battery with a dedicated leather case, or even a simple leather band with 3.5, 4.4 holes and a quick latch. This would avoid blocking access to the diode and function button.

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #306 of 407
Just my 2c. The whole point of usb dac dongle is to have a small device to enhance the audio quality of your source like a smartphone. The idea of DC Elite is to maximize this enhancement in the smallest allowable footprint. Adding Bluetooth functionality means adding internal battery, power filtering, and other chips, making it bigger and bulkier. And, CB19 gives you an option to use any external power bank. I can guarantee, if iBasso going to come up with a piggyback battery module, there will be a ton of complaints that capacity is not high enough or it creates some interference, etc.

At this point, just keep DC Elite as is, use CB19 for convenience if you want to, and let some 3rd party to come up with a solution :D

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #307 of 407
Just my 2c. The whole point of usb dac dongle is to have a small device to enhance the audio quality of your source like a smartphone. The idea of DC Elite is to maximize this enhancement in the smallest allowable footprint. Adding Bluetooth functionality means adding internal battery, power filtering, and other chips, making it bigger and bulkier. And, CB19 gives you an option to use any external power bank. I can guarantee, if iBasso going to come up with a piggyback battery module, there will be a ton of complaints that capacity is not high enough or it creates some interference, etc.

At this point, just keep DC Elite as is, use CB19 for convenience if you want to, and let some 3rd party to come up with a solution :D
OK, but these are just loose ideas :slight_smile:. I mainly had in mind a dedicated power bank (not BT). I use a medium-sized DAP as an audio transport, which for me cannot compete with dc elite. I'm not the only one looking for a solution that will retain the features of a compact and ergonomic solution in such a combination.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...-true-stepped-attenuator.970976/post-18043571

Larger or shapeless power banks are not an alternative in terms of convenience and portability. Generally, I don't miss anything here. I have had cb19 for a long time, which is a great solution (in many cases, not only for dc elite). The Elite has now been my daily use DAC/amp for many weeks. I consider this sound signature to be a great achievement. I also appreciate its appearance and all its functions. When we add such a compact size, if I had to leave only one sound source, it could easily be the DC Elite. If someone ever came up with the idea to develop this project, they would have a loyal customer in me :smirk:. For me this is the project of the year or even more. Howgh! :smiley:

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #308 of 407
Mar 29, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #309 of 407
If anyone wanted a really small powerbank I found a couple really good ones. The first tiny one requires an adapter to usb c though.

In other words, in terms of small Androids as a transport for DC Elite, the Hiby M300 beats the Sony. Mine just arrived today and the snappiness in UI is night and day. Battery is also a lot better.

Attachments

• IMG_1818.png
    IMG_1818.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1819.png
    IMG_1819.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 29, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #310 of 407
Hi anyone, I have had the Dc Elite for about 3 weeks now. I have used my iPhone 15 and a Hiby R6 Gen3 as sources. Should there really be any difference in the timbre from different source devices? This hobby is relatively new to me, but, I have the feeling the Hiby with Bit-perfect mode on gives me a better "quality' sound. I guess the question is, Is the source just that, and the elite does the rest. Thanks

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #311 of 407
If anyone wanted a really small powerbank I found a couple really good ones. The first tiny one requires an adapter to usb c though.

In other words, in terms of small Androids as a transport for DC Elite, the Hiby M300 beats the Sony. Mine just arrived today and the snappiness in UI is night and day. Battery is also a lot better.
I recently got this battery:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006593591166.html

wanted somethig cheep and small but haven't yet tested it on the dc-elite with hiby

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #312 of 407
Hi anyone, I have had the Dc Elite for about 3 weeks now. I have used my iPhone 15 and a Hiby R6 Gen3 as sources. Should there really be any difference in the timbre from different source devices? This hobby is relatively new to me, but, I have the feeling the Hiby with Bit-perfect mode on gives me a better "quality' sound. I guess the question is, Is the source just that, and the elite does the rest. Thanks
Bits are bits and there is no difference has been stated over the years. But there are differences. Timing of the signal that is received that is from the source. This has been a debated since CDs came out and a little before as digital took off. Then there is also the DC power to the DC-Elite or any dongle. How clean is it does it deliver current on demand or does it decrease it some. That is where a powerbank may help or not, depending upon your source. There are so many variables.

The DC-Elite is built to get the most out of the source. It has so much built into it, so much R&D, that a few years ago, would have cost far more and been considered unreasonable to try to obtain. But here we are with a dongle that has a True stepped attenuator, a True desktop dac chip in the ROHM chip and when you think about all that you are getting in a small package, an extremely reasonable price. So, Enjoy the Music and enjoy the exploring of options.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 29, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #313 of 407
I appreciate the quick reply and thank you. It is an amazing "small' piece of equipment that has me thinking, why do I need any dap under $1k? But, that is a whole different discussion lol. Thanks.

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #314 of 407
I have several smartphones and the hiby application in beta version, which works without lag in exclusive mode (bit perfect), unlike the official application from the Google store. Although it sounds great with a DC Elite smartphone, I always choose DAP as an audio transport. I have a hiby R6 2020 (I really like sound personalization and this DAP offers really great possibilities). I can't say exactly what it is, maybe it's just a psychoacoustic illusion, or maybe it's a matter of engineering and optimization of HIFI devices. To my ears, this combo sounds definitely the best. I can confidently say that the precision is greater than with a computer, which up to a certain point I considered the best audio transport (with EQ APO app). At the end of the day, you will still make your own choice, which one you think is best. I wish you fruitful discoveries in the audio world. :slight_smile:
P.S. You mentioned that you are gaining experience, but you are already at a very high level when it comes to equipment. You may need an additional point of reference to determine the differences.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #315 of 407
Thanks quaddac, yes, that reference point maybe a trade-in for the hiby and an A/kern SE300 or Ibasso DX320 purchase, but will be keeping the DC Elite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back