IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Mar 27, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #271 of 407
I hear zero hiss too even with the most sensitive IEMs I own, hiss is not an issue at all, its quieter (as black as the Devil's nutting bag as they say) than Mojo 2 for example.

I'd say as a rule of thumb you'd need to reduce the volume by one click when swapping from single ended to balanced based on my testing so I'm sure you'll be OK.

64 Volur, 4 clicks should get you close to the volume you are listening at now.
Thank you for this feedback!

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #274 of 407
I noticed that with the iPhone, the included cable at the point where it exits the phone becomes very hot. This has never happened to any of my dongles before. I don't have a thermal imager or an accurate thermometer handy, but it feels uncomfortably hot.
I'll try Elite with other cables I have (l&p, cayin, hiby).
Mine works fine with my iPhone 13 Pro. Could be the cable or some other issue. I would try a different cable.

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #275 of 407
Mine works fine with my iPhone 13 Pro. Could be the cable or some other issue. I would try a different cable.
I think my 14 pro vs your 13 pro it’s the same usb units and should work identical.
BTW, battery consumption near 15% hour.

Perhaps both cable heating and consumption are the result of my low-impedance IEMs (2.1 Ohm). Less Ohms - more Ampers with the same Volts..
Attenuator position - 4-5 clicks when adjusting -2dB from the application.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #276 of 407
I think my 14 pro vs your 13 pro it’s the same usb units and should work identical.
BTW, battery consumption near 15% hour.

Perhaps both cable heating and consumption are the result of my low-impedance IEMs (2.1 Ohm). Less Ohms - more Ampers with the same Volts..
Attenuator position - 4-5 clicks when adjusting -2dB from the application.
I noticed the lightning plug getting warm too. My thought was its normal as if it was faulty it would probably not work, get warm or let the magic smoke out, pick any two of these that would not be normal.

As yours and mine get warm its probably OK.

I'd try a different cable, in fact I'll try that later and report back.

For now I'm using the DC Elite with a xDuoo X10T II USB C using a CB19. That gives me a 1% per hour battery consumption and will play for four days non-stop without charging.

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #277 of 407
I noticed the lightning plug getting warm too. My thought was its normal as if it was faulty it would probably not work, get warm or let the magic smoke out, pick any two of these that would not be normal.

As yours and mine get warm its probably OK.

I'd try a different cable, in fact I'll try that later and report back.

For now I'm using the DC Elite with a xDuoo X10T II USB C using a CB19. That gives me a 1% per hour battery consumption and will play for four days non-stop without charging.
Of course, but in this case, in addition to the phone and dongle, you carry 2 additional devices - x10t transport and power bank. And the whole bunch turns from portable to transportable :)

Mar 28, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #278 of 407
Of course, but in this case, in addition to the phone and dongle, you carry 2 additional devices - x10t transport and power bank. And the whole bunch turns from portable to transportable :)
True. The smaller powerbanks make it not too bad though perhaps there are even smaller ones out there, but I totally get your point I always try and travel as light as possible.

To be honest on the days I just grab a TWS and Bluetooth to my phone I'm not missing much, but Head-Fi is an obsession for a lot of us here. :)

1711609773961.png

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #282 of 407
Is there a device like BTR5/7 that can receive BT signal and output it via USB to the DC-Elite?
For example, Hiby r2, r3, shanling m0 pro (but it is worth taking into account the size of the battery). Hiby R6 daps (and up). I have an R6 2020, which works great as a USB audio transport (also as a BT receiver). That's an interesting question. Maybe someone knows other solutions to add good quality BT to dc Elite, leaving it as portable and compact as possible with an efficient battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back