IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Mar 20, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #242 of 450
Listening to this setup today. My old Xduoo x10tii (purchased 2019) still works great and with the CB19 cable the transport battery only uses 1% battery per hour.

The Sennheiser IE900 sounds great and I can really crank the volume level up to three clicks up from zero. :)

Edit: Just realised you can't see the DC Elite here, its behind the transport. Held in place with three clear silicone bands.

IMG_0474.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #244 of 450
Please can you let us know when the cb19 will be available. Thanks
I'm not sure if they will make such a cable, so I bought a variety of adapters for this CB-19.
https://aliexpress.ru/item/10050045...l.0.0.f7f84aa63yxM4m&sku_id=12000029549396553
https://aliexpress.ru/item/10050063...l.0.0.151f4aa6dFPE65&sku_id=12000036692597975
I haven't received my DC Elite yet, still waiting for delivery.

I will connect this adapter USB A(female) to USB A(male), which comes from CB-19, and I will connect TypeС (female) to a TypeС to TypeС cable, 1 meter long, and connect it to the power bank. DAP and DC Elite will be nearby.

Attachments

• USB-A  TypeC.jpg
    USB-A TypeC.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #245 of 450
Just got a DC elite.
It sounds much better than my old DC03pro.
But one problem is that
THERE IS NO 20 STEPS OF L/R BALANCE AJUSTMENT FOR DC ELITE IN THE ANDROID APP.
But this function can be enable for old DC03pro.
Can Ibasso upgrade the app ?

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #247 of 450
Capture+_2024-03-27-12-48-12.pngwhere is the 20 steps of L/R balance ? even I downloaded the latest verion of UAC app.
Did you download it from the ibasso site? That is where the latest version is and where I downloaded it.

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #249 of 450
I received my DC ELITE last night, so I’ll share my very first impressions.

At the moment I have several portable sources, these are: L&P W2 OG, Hiby fc6, Mojo2.
My main IEMs are AKxEE Odyssey, CA Solaris 2020, full-size HP are Arya Stealth.
My mobile device is an iPhone 14 pro (yes, with ****ing Lightning 2.0). I listen to Tidal hifi plus.

My general problem was that all these totl portable sources do not play well with sensitive IEMs. For example, Odyssey has a sensitivity of 100dB/1mW and Imp 2.1 ohms. With L&P I hear some background noise, as well as cut-outs when the volume reaches 50-60 out of 100. On the fc6 (which is a great little r2r dongle!) the situation is even worse - it makes a lot of noise and cuts out the sound at less than 50% of the volume. Mojo2 suddenly started making loud noise (this is a common mojo problem with Apple devices)

With Solaris 2020 the situation is better, but these are also not the simplest IEMs, being super sensitive: 119dB/1mW but Imp 15.5 ohms. However, all the described problems with Odyssey are also found in Solaris 2020.
Even our the respected @twister6 in his reviews refers to them as a high-sensitivity reference.

I know you will say that my problems are due to the usb 2.0 limitations/constraints of the iPhone 14 pro. And you'll be right. I even bought a Samsung Z flip 5 with USB 3.2 a month ago.
But firstly, I couldn’t get used to all the dances with a tambourine with a bit-perfect output, the hiby music application, which cannot output MQA to its own fc6 dongle without crutches))
Secondly, on such low-impedance IEMs as Odyssey and ultra-sensitive like Solaris 2020, I had almost same problems on Samsung))

This was all an important preface to understand my task and my pain. Thank you if you have read up to this point. Let's move on to DC ELITE itself:
It sounds great as expected, but most importantly - ABSOLUTELY NO problems with the Odyssey. There are no clicks, interruptions, EMI or any interference.

There are many blind tests ahead, combinations with various sources and IEMs.
But I can already say - bravo, iBasso!

Attachments

• IMG_5121.jpeg
    IMG_5121.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Mar 27, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #250 of 450
I received my DC ELITE last night, so I’ll share my very first impressions.

At the moment I have several portable sources, these are: L&P W2 OG, Hiby fc6, Mojo2.
My main IEMs are AKxEE Odyssey, CA Solaris 2020, full-size HP are Arya Stealth.
My mobile device is an iPhone 14 pro (yes, with ****ing Lightning 2.0). I listen to Tidal hifi plus.

My general problem was that all these totl portable sources do not play well with sensitive IEMs. For example, Odyssey has a sensitivity of 100dB/1mW and Imp 2.1 ohms. With L&P I hear some background noise, as well as cut-outs when the volume reaches 50-60 out of 100. On the fc6 (which is a great little r2r dongle!) the situation is even worse - it makes a lot of noise and cuts out the sound at less than 50% of the volume. Mojo2 suddenly started making loud noise (this is a common mojo problem with Apple devices)

With Solaris 2020 the situation is better, but these are also not the simplest IEMs, being super sensitive: 119dB/1mW but Imp 15.5 ohms. However, all the described problems with Odyssey are also found in Solaris 2020.
Even our the respected @twister6 in his reviews refers to them as a high-sensitivity reference.

I know you will say that my problems are due to the usb 2.0 limitations/constraints of the iPhone 14 pro. And you'll be right. I even bought a Samsung Z flip 5 with USB 3.2 a month ago.
But firstly, I couldn’t get used to all the dances with a tambourine with a bit-perfect output, the hiby music application, which cannot output MQA to its own fc6 dongle without crutches))
Secondly, on such low-impedance IEMs as Odyssey and ultra-sensitive like Solaris 2020, I had almost same problems on Samsung))

This was all an important preface to understand my task and my pain. Thank you if you have read up to this point. Let's move on to DC ELITE itself:
It sounds great as expected, but most importantly - ABSOLUTELY NO problems with the Odyssey. There are no clicks, interruptions, EMI or any interference.

There are many blind tests ahead, combinations with various sources and IEMs.
But I can already say - bravo, iBasso!
Did you not read all my rantings over the last few pages. :ksc75smile: The DC is definitely not suitable for use with sensitive IEMs, the Mojo2 BTW is fine, plenty of low end control there for sensitive IEMs.

This is nothing to do with the source its the volume control in the DC Elite is the problem.

I'm currently using my DC Elite with the Sennheiser IE 900 which has a quoted 123dB for 1Vrms and 16 ohms impedance, its still a sensitive IEM but not as sensitive as most of the others I one.

Expect a DC Elite-Elite to be released soon. @Paul - iBasso has been very quiet on this issue, ignoring my comments perhaps, which may suggest they know there is an issue with this dongle and most IEM's

I would say find something else if your main use case for the DC Elite is IEMs, not going to be a popular comment but it is the reality of things.

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #251 of 450
Did you not read all my rantings over the last few pages. :ksc75smile: The DC is definitely not suitable for use with sensitive IEMs, the Mojo2 BTW is fine, plenty of low end control there for sensitive IEMs.

This is nothing to do with the source its the volume control in the DC Elite is the problem.

I'm currently using my DC Elite with the Sennheiser IE 900 which has a quoted 123dB for 1Vrms and 16 ohms impedance, its still a sensitive IEM but not as sensitive as most of the others I one.

Expect a DC Elite-Elite to be released soon. @Paul - iBasso has been very quiet on this issue, ignoring my comments perhaps, which may suggest they know there is an issue with this dongle and most IEM's

I would say find something else if your main use case for the DC Elite is IEMs, not going to be a popular comment but it is the reality of things.
Very strange, but in my quick test it performed significantly better than the other dongles in my photo.
If your complaint is only the weak range of volume controls, it doesn't bother me. The IEMs that I gave as an example played perfectly. I haven't listened to others yet. But in the twister6 review, I also did not notice any problems with sensitive IEMs.

Perhaps you were unlucky with your combination, but I would not generalize that DC Elite is not for sensitive IEMs. In my case it's exactly the opposite.

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:15 AM Post #252 of 450
Very strange, but in my quick test it performed significantly better than the other dongles in my photo.
If your complaint is only the weak range of volume controls, it doesn't bother me. The IEMs that I gave as an example played perfectly. I haven't listened to others yet. But in the twister6 review, I also did not notice any problems with sensitive IEMs.

Perhaps you were unlucky with your combination, but I would not generalize that DC Elite is not for sensitive IEMs. In my case it's exactly the opposite.
Your source will be applying some attenuation to the digital signal, which means some distortion, if that doesn't bother you then fine, onwards. I got the Elite as in theory it gives the best possible SINAD due to its design and wanted to feed it a "bit-perfect" signal.

I don't listen to classical music very often but for users that do the Elite would work well due to the genres lower overall SPL.

I would suggest try-before-you-buy, or as a lot of folk do here sell it on if you aren't happy, or crazy as it seems I've seen a case of a member here selling an IEM to buy another that is more suitable for use with the Elite, but there aren't many IEM's in this category unless you are prepared to feed it a lower volume from your source.

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #253 of 450
Your source will be applying some attenuation to the digital signal, which means some distortion, if that doesn't bother you then fine, onwards. I got the Elite as in theory it gives the best possible SINAD due to its design and wanted to feed it a "bit-perfect" signal.

I don't listen to classical music very often but for users that do the Elite would work well due to the genres lower overall SPL.

I would suggest try-before-you-buy, or as a lot of folk do here sell it on if you aren't happy, or crazy as it seems I've seen a case of a member here selling an IEM to buy another that is more suitable for use with the Elite, but there aren't many IEM's in this category unless you are prepared to feed it a lower volume from your source.
So, with all due respect to you, I just said that with my super low impedance and super sensitive IEMs it sounds great, and without the problems that other dongles have. I don’t know why you want to convince me otherwise.

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #254 of 450

I'm with mak here on this. The VEX is a very sensitive and I hear 0 background noise on the DC Elite.
I could hear noise on the Solaris OG through the WM1Z so I'm definitely sensitive to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back