iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
Mar 9, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #136 of 615
guys, who can give us a comparison betweem D1 and D2???

thks and really appreciate on that.

Mar 9, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #137 of 615
I only have about 40 hours (checked my log minus the time it was off today) on the D2 so far, and right now the D1 (AD743 x2 LR/LMH6643 x2 buffer/LTC6241HV DAC) kicks the D2's butt.

The D2 bass is still heavy and sloppy, and now the highs are a little tipped up vs the mids. I really shouldn't comment until I have 200-300 hours on the D2, but I already posted how it sounded out of the box.

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #138 of 615
Ya, compared to my roommate's D1 (probably with LT1364 and LT4562 buffer or something), the D2 is on par at best. With the D1, there is more bass that permeates the music - not something I always like, but it's more of a preference.

I can't imagine the D2 getting any better, but that's because I don't believe in amp burn in (won't believe it until it happens for me hehe).

I don't think the D2 beats the P2 in terms of ampage from what I've read. No one is like WhoA!

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #139 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya, compared to my roommate's D1 (probably with LT1364 and LT4562 buffer or something), the D2 is on par at best. With the D1, there is more bass that permeates the music - not something I always like, but it's more of a preference.

I can't imagine the D2 getting any better, but that's because I don't believe in amp burn in (won't believe it until it happens for me hehe).

I don't think the D2 beats the P2 in terms of ampage from what I've read. No one is like WhoA!

I've heard too many amps burn-in to not believe it. The RSA Predator has the most dramatic change with burn-in of any amp I have ever heard.

Mar 10, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #140 of 615
Quote:

I'll have to disagree. From my memory, I actually prefer the D2 stock a lot more than my best personal combo for the D1.

Mar 10, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #141 of 615
With sound, I don't think you can trust your memory
biggrin.gif

The differences between portable amps are subtle, and your memory can be based on many different tracks at varying volumes. It's impossible to do a comparison from memory with portable amps. I compared the D1 and D2 yesterday, and it was difficult for me to tell the differences. The best way to do it is listen to one amp for a day or two, then immediately switch to the other amp and listening to same music.

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #143 of 615
Quote:

With sound, I don't think you can trust your memory
biggrin.gif

The differences between portable amps are subtle, and your memory can be based on many different tracks at varying volumes. It's impossible to do a comparison from memory with portable amps. I compared the D1 and D2 yesterday, and it was difficult for me to tell the differences. The best way to do it is listen to one amp for a day or two, then immediately switch to the other amp and listening to same music.

Despite your smiley face, I still take offense to that statement, regardless of whether directed at souperman or myself.

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #145 of 615
I have 64 hours on the D2 now, and that up-tilted treble of last night is gone. And, the bass has picked up a bit more control as well. This is using the same Jack Johnson music as last night.

The ALO modded Vampire Wire HFI-780's have a least 336 hours on them, but they didn't change between 200-250 hours after they were done burning in (the stock ones weren't burned in at 255 hours due to the diode board and stock cables that offered a whopping 1.2 ohm resistance alone!)

So, I am pretty sure the changes I hear are in the amp, and not a combination of both.

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #146 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Despite your smiley face, I still take offense to that statement, regardless of whether directed at souperman or myself.

So you are saying you can compare portable amps by simply recalling their sound in your head?

** By the way, anyone notice that the D2 sounds better when it is plugged in or am I placebo'ing stuff? I think I am placebo'ing it.

Mar 10, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #147 of 615
Quote:

** By the way, anyone notice that the D2 sounds better when it is plugged in or am I placebo'ing stuff? I think I am placebo'ing it.

plugged in what? usb or power?

Mar 10, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #149 of 615
Quote:

Im like "WHOA" My D2 blows my P2 away in terms of "ampage" It seems to drive my phones much harder (and louder) than my P2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back