iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
Mar 7, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #93 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by meusickfrek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whiny posts? these threads are for entertainment, your criticisms are getting a little heavy. Give it a break.

We are looking for information, not lots of questions that are trivially expected. If you want to know if something works well with something - find someone who has both and ask in a PM (or ask to post about it). The junk posts take up considerable reading time.

Mar 7, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #95 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are looking for information, not lots of questions that are trivially expected. If you want to know if something works well with something - find someone who has both and ask in a PM (or ask to post about it). The junk posts take up considerable reading time.

I disagree with that, because then I have to answer the same question 20 times in PM for questions that should poted and answered for everyone to see.

Mar 7, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #97 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree with that, because then I have to answer the same question 20 times in PM for questions that should poted and answered for everyone to see.

Yes, I do agree with that Larry, but can you see my reasoning that those questions are also posted in the other thread 20 times and answered 40 times? It's really up to the mods, and if they see fit to combine, then I hope they do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meusickfrek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whiny posts? these threads are for entertainment, your criticisms are getting a little heavy. Give it a break.

Maybe you are taking my comments a bit too wholeheartedly, and I see no reason to attack me. I wanted to point out that there in fact are whiny posts in the other thread. I may have hinted a bit of negativity in my wording, but I did not mean to criticize it. I am not afraid to say that I have done the same thing at times myself. My point in making this thread was so that there could be a funnel of real information for those that are looking for concrete impressions, instead of browsing through pages of people asking when their tracking number is going to work or saying that theirs doesn't work or that iBasso isn't responding to their e-mails. I just browsed through the last few pages, and those posts are a majority. If you want to interpret my comment as regarding every single post in that thread, then by all means, interpret away. Plus it has nothing to do with this thread, so I'll just hope that this just ends here.

Regardless, my D2-Viper has 50 hours of burn in so far. I feel like the stock D2 has turned from a warm amp to a more neutral amp, at least in my opinion. I'll post more later.

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #98 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jammin72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone attempted sending 24bit files to the Viper? I would love to use the box for my PC rig but need 24/96 for my own recordings. Thanks!

I thought this was like most of the other USB DAC and you feed it 16 bit. I don't know of other 24 bit USB excepting the DAC1 which can take 24/96. I think this upconverts to 24/96, but now I am not sure I ever saw anywhere that it said that. It uses the same chips as PICO, so don't both of them take 16bit USB and upconvert? Neither one should be 24 bit native.

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #100 of 615
I managed to open up the D2. The screws are actually proprietary Torx T6s. The driver cost me $5 at the Ace Hardware
frown.gif
Pictures to come in a second.

Here are the pictures of the inside! (they are labeled with IMG):

Index of /d2

There is an NE5532 and LT1364. The case is actually made of two halves (the top is detached from the bottom).

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #101 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I managed to open up the D2. The screws are actually proprietary Torx T6s. The driver cost me $5 at the Ace Hardware
frown.gif

Alright, I'll see if I can get my hands on one.

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #102 of 615
I wondered if they were Torx as they have used them in the past. How could it be proprietary if you can buy the driver at Ace? Anyway, I have the drivers. Going driven someday soon.

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #103 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wondered if they were Torx as they have used them in the past. How could it be proprietary if you can buy the driver at Ace? Anyway, I have the drivers. Going driven someday soon.

Sorry, I call it proprietary because it's a brand name
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #105 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Here are the pictures of the inside! (they are labeled with IMG):

Index of /d2

There is an NE5532 and LT1364. The case is actually made of two halves (the top is detached from the bottom).

Thanks for the insides! Looks like the NE5532 needs a good switching
smily_headphones1.gif
. I wonder why they still went with the NE5532, after the 6234 was so popular in the D1. Oh well who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back