iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
Mar 7, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #76 of 615
I'm experiencing a lot of buzzing noise from the D2 when using it as a DAC. This is happening with the D2 on and the volume knob turned up 1/4 way or more and the music is not playing (buzzing is also there when the unit is turned off, but others are experiencing that to). It does not matter if I am charging it or not. When I unplug the USB from the back of the D2, all the buzzing goes away. The buzzing starts as soon as the USB plug touches the USB connection on the back of the D2.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #77 of 615
It would seem you have some problem with your source. I would try it on another computer with a USB and see if it still does it.

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #78 of 615
Just ordered mine, will ship on Monday.....
biggrin.gif

Has any of you guys tried the DAC on ASIO4ALL or USBASIO? Is it compatible? I have yet to get a LOD for it, i've seen some pretty nice Jena cables build by stevenkelby but it cost more than half of the D2 and i am just listening it through a YUIN PK1, you guys think is justifiable to get it, will it make a whole lot of difference?

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #79 of 615
I have about 4 hours of good listening on the D2 now Half of those are with my 701's Listening to it now on PC> CDP to D2 DAC. Wynton Marsalis "Sunflowers". Extremely acurate and detailed. This particular song has several types of horns (trumpet, Flute, Sax, trombone) And the D2 does a fine dob of seperating each horn. The upright Bass is thumping, yet very controlled and tight. The piano is light and airy. Im really enjoying this lil amp.

Mar 7, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #80 of 615
Jamato8, you were right. It was my source. I am not hearing the buzz from my work laptop. This is really interesting because the cheap Dell work laptop running XP, there is no noise, and my more expensive Sony home laptop running Vista is causing a lot of buzzing (both running iTunes). I will try to solve the problem this weekend.

P.S. I am loving this amp/dac. Great bass, mids, highs. The bass is very tight and getting better with more burn-in (currently at 12 hours) and I love that the highs are not harsh. Well worth the $200 cost.

Mar 7, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #82 of 615
I would drain it the first time to form it correctly and then recharge when not mobile. The cycle of 500 or so is based on full discharge or any number of partial discharges, that will add up to a full discharge so the less you fully discharge and recharge the battery, the longer the battery will last.

Every 30 charges or so it is good to discharge and do a full recharge.

Mar 7, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #83 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would drain it the first time to form it correctly and then recharge when not mobile. The cycle of 500 or so is based on full discharge or any number of partial discharges, that will add up to a full discharge so the less you fully discharge and recharge the battery, the longer the battery will last.

Every 30 charges or so it is good to discharge and do a full recharge.

Thanks for your explanation, so does that mean if I drain the battery by 1/2 every time, then I would theoretically get 1000 charge cycles ?

Mar 7, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #84 of 615
I don't like this "TWO D-2 THREADS" thing going on. It's worse than the HFI 780 thread and the ALO modded 780 thread, which at least are two different products.

I vote we merge them.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/iba...ml#post3911183

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict
Yesterday, 11:26 PM #514

My tracking started working 24 hours before I got it. It took about 41 hours hours to get here - when it got to UPS at 8am 3/5 in China that was about 5pm 3/4 for us in Colorado. When it got here 10am 3/6 that was about 1am 3/7 in China.

I have about 20 minutes on it right now, and from doing A/B comparison with my Predator says the D2 should burn-in to be a great amp/dac. It has strong bass out of the box that is a little uncontrolled, and it isn't quite as open and relaxed yet so it sounds a little boxy or colored in the midbass and lower treble. Out of the box it sounds much better than the predator did out of the box. Then again, my Headsix and Lyrix sounded great out of the box, yet the Predator left those behind in the dust as it burned-in past 500-600 hours, and by 1100 hours was even better when I shipped it to Skylab for a review.

So, D2-Viper will be a great amp I am sure, but it needs to burn-in for a while before I try to do another A/B with any other amps.

Mar 7, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #86 of 615
I think we should merge everything. I could work in ICU and my car at the same time. Oh, I guess you probably don't want to go that far.

Let the chant go up!! merge. . merge . . merge . . merge. . . urge . . I mean merge. . .

Mar 7, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #87 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your explanation, so does that mean if I drain the battery by 1/2 every time, then I would theoretically get 1000 charge cycles ?

Yes, that is the idea.

Mar 7, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #88 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't like this "TWO D-2 THREADS" thing going on. It's worse than the HFI 780 thread and the ALO modded 780 thread, which at least are two different products.

I vote we merge them.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/iba...ml#post3911183

Sorry Larry,

but I have to disagree. The other thread is full of junk posts that matter nothing to the D2-Viper itself. For a newbie to come in and have to read through that many whiny posts is pure hell in my opinion.

Oh yeah...SOMEONE OPEN THESE UP!!!

Mar 7, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #89 of 615
Has anyone found the allen wrench that works? I emailed iBasso but heard nothing back. I would imagine they are metric but I am not sure.

Mar 7, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #90 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah...SOMEONE OPEN THESE UP!!!

A full 13-piece hex key set is only $4.96 at your nearest Home Depot.

Edit: er, that is if 1 of them fits the D2-Viper hex screws.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back