Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Mar 2, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #1,081 of 1,141
Plugged my HD650 into D2 boa. it sounded fantastic actually - even cranked up to 100%...it just wasn't particularly loud - too comfortable a sound level. But i couldn't fault the delicacy of the sound and lack of clipping or distortion or any sonic problems.

was set to high gain.

In contrast a xin reference portable can make the HD650 really really loud lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #1,083 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You haven't compared an HD650 and HD600 on the D2 vs 3MOVE or a Woo WA6 though...

Unfortunately I don't have enough cash and being in UK means no loaners or people nearby with stuff to share
frown.gif

I AM looking for a proper desktop amp though, although the amp of my DAC is more than adequate and the xin reference passes as adequate too, I don't have enough to try everything
frown.gif

I have heard the HD650 via a modded x-can V3 and pinkie - it was soo lush.

but for more, shipping+taxes= bankrupcy.

I could only really afford the stock WA6 too....
and 3move is a portable
frown.gif

Slee Solo SRG, TTVJ fet A, AMB M3 are the options I'll probably go with - i haven't caught tube bug yet.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #1,084 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately I don't have enough cash and being in UK means no loaners or people nearby with stuff to share
frown.gif

I AM looking for a proper desktop amp though, although the amp of my DAC is more than adequate and the xin reference passes as adequate too, I don't have enough to try everything
frown.gif

I have heard the HD650 via a modded x-can V3 and pinkie - it was soo lush.

but for more, shipping+taxes= bankrupcy.

I could only really afford the stock WA6 too....
and 3move is a portable
frown.gif

Slee Solo SRG, TTVJ fet A, AMB M3 are the options I'll probably go with - i haven't caught tube bug yet.

Those are all good options - I liked the Grahm Slee NOVO with a sigma 11 PSU, and also really liked naamaf's M^3 as well.

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #1,085 of 1,141
I just received D2 Boa that I bought from fellow headfier. I bought it for my iphone but plugged in HD600 for fun. Not really impressed with the sound with HD600... I liked Peridot with HD600 better than iBasso. However, sounds great with my IEM
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #1,086 of 1,141
I just bought an iBasso D2 as my first headphone amp/DAC. I have a set of Sennheiser HD 205s , DENON AH-D501K and Ultrasone iCans. I will be getting a better set of headphones down the road.
I have listened to a few different amps and I am very impressed with it and the price/performance value. iBasso makes and excellent product. Quick shipping from Hong Kong and great customer service.

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #1,088 of 1,141
Not much difference in sound but what high gain does is amplify the incoming signal more and if the amp has enough power, you will get more volume with a set of headphones.

Some headphones require more power so a higher gain gives you greater volume but if the amp doesn't have the power to go along with the greater gain, the sound will just distort. Many times IEM's are better with the low gain and you have better travel of the volume control.

May 30, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #1,091 of 1,141
Is it possible for D2 to charge and play at the same time? I've looked into a couple of replies and it's either unclear or reply would be like D10 can be charged. but no one actually said that D2 could be charge and play at the same time. Thanks in advance.
smile_phones.gif

May 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #1,092 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by trueno84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible for D2 to charge and play at the same time? I've looked into a couple of replies and it's either unclear or reply would be like D10 can be charged. but no one actually said that D2 could be charge and play at the same time. Thanks in advance.
smile_phones.gif

yes. there is a charge trigger at the back. to charge and listen w/o using battery.

May 30, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #1,093 of 1,141
ooo Thanks a million bro. ^^ Looking forward to get my Green D2 soon hehe

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #1,094 of 1,141
After reading through most of these 70 odd pages ... I decided I couldn't resist. I ordered my D2 Boa yesterday and can't wait for it to arrive.

Has anyone tried this amp/dac with shure e4c (or nowadays scl4)? Is that a good combination to start off with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back