Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Dec 14, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #1,051 of 1,141
I have a mini to regular cable but it wont work with the amp
ph34r.gif

I have no idea, but when im using the generic cable my computer wont pick it up (it will still charge), but using the same USB port and the stock cable it works every time.
confused_face_2.gif

My guess is its proprietary...
popcorn.gif

Also,
If I am going to be using the amp plugged into my computer for the majority of the time, what precautions should i take for the battery?

When it is being powered off USB but NOT charging, is it running off the battery or the USB power? I generally charge it up, then turn the switch off and just leave it (turning the amp off between uses but not unplugging the USB cable).

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #1,052 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Investinwaffles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a mini to regular cable but it wont work with the amp
ph34r.gif

I have no idea, but when im using the generic cable my computer wont pick it up (it will still charge), but using the same USB port and the stock cable it works every time.
confused_face_2.gif

My guess is its proprietary...
popcorn.gif

I'm not sure how a USB cable can be proprietary... I mean, that doesn't make sense when you think about it. USB is a standard, it should work regardless of cable used. Maybe just a problem with your spare cable? Once I get my D2 I'll test it with another mini-USB cable I have here.

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #1,053 of 1,141
I have many USB to mini and they all work, oh there is one that doesn't but it is iffy with a few things.

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #1,055 of 1,141
Ok, as usual we are at odds Larry. (just kidding)

I just tried a number of my mini to USB and they all work. One after another. PowerBook G4 to iBasso.

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #1,056 of 1,141
i not sure about the D2 boa, but for my D3 Python, i tried the stock usb cable and another usb data cable for my hard drive and they do give me problems here and there.

i finally found a usb cable that works everytime and the connection is good. (got it from my dad, i have no idea where he got it from)

my advice is to try out more usb cables, once you found one that works for you, stick with it.

hope it helps

Dec 15, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #1,057 of 1,141
Ok, i borrowed one from my friend (its for his digital camera) and it works with my d2.
i just traded him cables (mine works with his camera perfectly).

I noticed that the one that didnt work did not have that little round thing on the cable (almost like a box??)
What is that thing? (you can see it in this pic)

usb_cable_l.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #1,059 of 1,141
It is for EMI (electro magnetic interference) and RFI (radio frequency interference). These come across as high frequency information that can corrupt the signal and cause hash. A wire can act as an antenna or receiver picking up these frequencies and piggy back them along with the data you are transferring. Needless to say, you don't want it and the ferrite ring can help to get rid of some of this interference.

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #1,060 of 1,141
Hey guys, I just pulled the trigger on a silver D2 Boa. I can't wait to give it a try on my laptop.

I checked out with PayPal, and my payment went through, however, the PayPal's order description only had iBasso Audio - the product I purchased isn't mentioned anywhere. I also haven't received a confirmation email from iBasso themselves - only PayPal.

Is this normal?

Jan 2, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #1,062 of 1,141
I felt the same way a couple of days ago.

Bought it the 29th of December, and heard nothing from Ibasso until the 31st with a DHL tracking number. Looks like it will be delivered today (I'm in the Netherlands)

Fast (enough) turn around, but it would indeed be better if they would trigger an email as soon as they receive the order to tell the customer all is ok....

Now, where is that DHL truck ??

Ralph

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I just pulled the trigger on a silver D2 Boa. I can't wait to give it a try on my laptop.

I checked out with PayPal, and my payment went through, however, the PayPal's order description only had iBasso Audio - the product I purchased isn't mentioned anywhere. I also haven't received a confirmation email from iBasso themselves - only PayPal.

Is this normal?

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #1,064 of 1,141
here's my experience with an order I placed last week.

placed order 12/29:

Dec. 29, 2008 Payment To 李 建生 Completed ... -$187.00 USD

received confirmation email 12/31:

Dear, Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your order.
Your DHL tracking number is:xxxxxxxxxx
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely
iBasso Audio

I received an identical email again on 01/02.

I was never able to track the package on the DHL website with the number provided. the package arrived yesterday 01/06 via USPS, with a signature required. I am still uncertain why it didn't arrive via DHL, but I'm happy to have it here now.

qqcx1k.jpg

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #1,065 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by randytavis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's my experience with an order I placed last week.

placed order 12/29:

Dec. 29, 2008 Payment To 李 建生 Completed ... -$187.00 USD

received confirmation email 12/31:

Dear, Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your order.
Your DHL tracking number is:xxxxxxxxxx
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely
iBasso Audio

I received an identical email again on 01/02.

I was never able to track the package on the DHL website with the number provided. the package arrived yesterday 01/06 via USPS, with a signature required. I am still uncertain why it didn't arrive via DHL, but I'm happy to have it here now.

This is the same was mine came. DHL is the international carrier used but when it comes into the states sometimes DHL transships via USPS for delivery apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back