Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Nov 4, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #1,036 of 1,141
bump for answer to this question ^^

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #1,037 of 1,141
My D2 has a major problem with the usb ports on my Lenovo S10 netbook. Only one port is now working. They used to both kind of work so the problem is getting worse. It loses connectivity on the other anytime I jiggle the connection. Other USB devices HDDs etc. work fine on the ports. The D2 and cable work fine on other computers. Anybody know what is going on here? Please Help!

Nov 9, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #1,038 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by havec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My D2 has a major problem with the usb ports on my Lenovo S10 netbook. Only one port is now working. They used to both kind of work so the problem is getting worse. It loses connectivity on the other anytime I jiggle the connection. Other USB devices HDDs etc. work fine on the ports. The D2 and cable work fine on other computers. Anybody know what is going on here? Please Help!

Do you have another USB cord you can use with the D2? I have one that doesn't have great contacts and just a bit of movement messes things up.

Nov 9, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #1,039 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have another USB cord you can use with the D2? I have one that doesn't have great contacts and just a bit of movement messes things up.

All 3 of the cables that I tried had the same connectivity problems. What fixed the problem was plugging an old usb hub in between the Lenovo S10 and the D2.

iBasso also promptly responded to my email for help:

"Dear Sir,
Thank you for your email.
I think it is a USB connection problem. The USB ports on your laptop do not match with the USB cable well.The problem can be solved by changing the USB cable in my opinion. I suggest you to find any other USB cable
If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know."

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

The USB hub is not the most elegant solution but it works. Complaining to Lenovo is probably not going to get me anywhere because it is only the D2 that is having problems. Other devices seem to be ok.

I think the Lenovo USB ports might be junk.

Thanks

Nov 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #1,040 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by asher7323 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow I read through 50 pages of this and it convinced me I needed a D2 Boa. I was pretty convinced by the 3rd page I think =/. I'm a pushover.

Sorry for my 187 dollars.
smily_headphones1.gif

Probably the last thing I'll be buying until 2009 (Please, God?
redface.gif
) So excited to try this DAC on my crappy, crappy, crappy sounding laptop. Also I'm curious to see how it compares to my mint tins on the iPod.

Haha the exact same thing happened to me. I was sitting at my desk, listening to my iPod and DT770s with no amp, reading all the reviews. After reading everyone's comments for about an hour I was like alright...screw it...and whipped out the plastic.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow. I plan on working from home that day just so I can be there when it shows up.

Nov 13, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #1,041 of 1,141
I remember the day i got it...my first real amp.

these days i use it with laptop and use it as a pre-amp to my Crossroads Edge amp.

i tried it with HD600 and was shocked it drove them to decent volume level ..although not recommended but for emergency good enough

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #1,042 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by havec /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My connection from Boa to Lenovo T61 is not stable. It is USB cable dependant. Certain cables 100 % stable, certain cables are susceptible to disconnection upon slight movement, and certain no signal transfer at all. I do not know if the problem lies where. Anyway, just get a suitable cable and stick to it. it should not be an issue (if you don't lose that cable).

Btw, Boa is good, esp after burning-in.

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #1,043 of 1,141
Guys hows the DAC on go vibe petite compared to ibasso D2? I heard the chip of the dac on D2 is the same as PICO, is that true? just wanna confirm...
Thanks

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #1,044 of 1,141
I've read that the Boa runs on the battery when used as a USB DAC. How will this effect its life expectancy? I plan on using it as an alternative for my laptop's onboard sound, so it will see a lot of charges/discharges. I don't want to end up with a dead Boa in a year. How long will it last?

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #1,045 of 1,141
It has a switch to turn off charging while it is plugged in. So you could leave it turned on and connected to the USB with the charge switch off, then just flip it on about every 35 hours when the battery dies, then after it is charged 2-3 hours later flip it off. That should last you about 2 years if you run it 24/7, but at least 3-4 years if you turn it off when you are not using it. Once the battery gets old it may still wear out in 3-5 years, even if it doesn't have 500 charge cycles on it.

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #1,046 of 1,141
Hey -

For people that ordered from iBasso, how long does it usually take before the DHL tracking number starts working? I received a tracking number from iBasso 24 hours after order, but the number still isn't working on the DHL site - been two days since then. Is this normal? I know it's shipping out from China.

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #1,047 of 1,141
Most people get there stuff from Ibasso within 5 days. Many get it before the DHL number even works or by the time it does work it shows its about to be delivered to you. Ibasso has some excellent shipping times really.

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #1,048 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most people get there stuff from Ibasso within 5 days. Many get it before the DHL number even works or by the time it does work it shows its about to be delivered to you. Ibasso has some excellent shipping times really.

Good to know
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks, I'll probably get my D2 Boa next week then.

Dec 13, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #1,049 of 1,141
Woot,
Im loving my D2, I had no idea what i was missing without it
o2smile.gif

Now i realize how low quality my songs are though, LOL.

One question:
It uses a special USB cable right? Is there any where to get some on the cheap (i want to leave on in each of my bags so i dont have to disconnect the main one from my desktop every time).

and NO problems with my IBM x41 tablet, works like a charm.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #1,050 of 1,141
You can get the mini to reg usb on ebay for little money as compared to stores that want way too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back