Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Jul 5, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #798 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by leo5111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does the boa have as much power as say a minibox e?and does it sound as good as a e and also has anyone in usa been hit with import tax or whatever? thanks

I didnt get hit with any import tax

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #799 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didnt get hit with any import tax

thanx what was turn around time how many days did it take to actualy come?

Jul 6, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #801 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by leo5111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanx what was turn around time how many days did it take to actualy come?

Extremely fast, they use 2 day UPS shipping i think.

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #804 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by miniduncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Confirming the super fast delivery times on the boa. Very quick.

Also, no import duty on mine either, they mark them as for review purposes on the shipping info, negating whatever tax.

This will be my 4th purchase and usually I can't ever get tracking until the day before it is to arrive, which has been 3-5 days. This time I probably wont bug them for tracking unless I don't have it by Friday (6 days). I bought a Boa 24 hours ago, to add to my MINI-REVIEW SEVEN DAC AMPS thread, so I'll post how long it takes to arrive. I haven't heard anything from them, but they usually ship faster than they email with tracking or to confirm the sale.

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #805 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by magma_saber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which sounds better, the D2 or P2?

The P2 sounded better faster/sooner, meaning it was great right out of the box and wonderful by 150 hours (when the charging circuit died), while the stock D2 Viper that replaced it took about 300 hours to become wonderful sounding (see my other review on DAC amps with my burn in notes, as well as in the D2 Viper thread). In the end, the D2 viper was about as good as the P2, using my memory (since the P2 was returned and replaced with the Viper).

Getting on topic re: Boa, Jamato8 reported the Boa was a little bass lite in the first 100 or so hours, and then it filled in, while my Viper was bass heavy until after 200-250 hours when it leveled out. I think Jamato8 likes the Boa as much as he liked his P2. I do have a Boa on the way, should be here by the end of the week, and I will report on it after about 300 hours of burn-in. I do NOT expect it to suck.

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #806 of 1,141
can't wait your review HeadphoneAddict
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #808 of 1,141
the pico takes too long to order.

i may be getting the hd 650 or denon 2000 soon. what is an amp just above the boa that doesnt take as long to order as the pico?

corda2move?

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #810 of 1,141
just got the boa yesterday.
compared to pico and headsix, boa's output power is not as strong as those two.
its bass is weaker than those two. hopefully, it'll pick up as i use it more.
i am very pleased with boa's treble and highs. it's not as good as pico but better than headsix' imo.
i think boa will be a good match with hd580/600/650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back