iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jun 2, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #2,266 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Larry, did you try the D10+Topkit with the Grado HF-2 ?

I have not unpacked any of my portable amps except the P-51 with my iMod, and haven't even tried the HD800 on anything but desktop amps so far. Too much to do, not enough time. Once I'm back in a routine after the trip I will get started.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I have done that but figured I had done the damage so I bought a new one.

Well, the bend in the cable wasn't any more than what I was doing with a U-turn on the shorter cables. And the short U-cables are all working.

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #2,267 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the bend in the cable wasn't any more than what I was doing with a U-turn on the shorter cables. And the short U-cables are all working.

Probably a bad bit of plastic conductor, or something. It is nice he is replacing it for you.

Sure would have liked to have gotten to Can Jam. Decompressing yet? :^)

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #2,268 of 4,153
Hi,

those of you who bought the Topkit, what chips come in the kit or how many chips does it include??

Also will it make a difference if I use the apple earphones to burn in the D10 rather than my headphone?? I mean does lower impedence make a difference in the rate of burning in?? (I think the old ipod earphones I have are 8 ohms)

thanks

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #2,269 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

those of you who bought the Topkit, what chips come in the kit or how many chips does it include??

The topkit is a AD743 assembly for the opamp, and two AD8616's for the buffers.

As far as burning in, any headphone that provides a load will work towards burning in your amp....ipod buds included. As far as difference in the rate of burning in, I've never heard of people opting towards higher impedance cans to accelerate the burn-in process.

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #2,271 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder.. why not use the AD843 which is already DIP8? Its rated as high as OPA627/637's (ie. tied for top contender)

I find the AD843 to overemphasize mid-bass. IMO, the overall tonal balance and imaging of the 743 is better than the 843. Probably the AD843 would work better for rock genre than the 743, but for orchestral, vocals, acoustic genre's, I much prefer the AD743. Of course, as always, YMMV!

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #2,274 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The topkit is a AD743 assembly for the opamp, and two AD8616's for the buffers.

As far as burning in, any headphone that provides a load will work towards burning in your amp....ipod buds included. As far as difference in the rate of burning in, I've never heard of people opting towards higher impedance cans to accelerate the burn-in process.

Thanks wolfen68.

My main concern for ibuds was that it may not provide enough load and that I might damage a chip due to overheating while burning in. but if its safe I much prefer using some crappy ibud instead of stressing my proper headphones for long burn in process...

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #2,276 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I have monitoring this thread and I was wondering why the optical in provides better sound than the usb in when the latter is converting usb into a S/PDIF signal.

Thanks in advance!

Because the signal sent to optical gets decoded in a single step where as the usb signal has to get converted into digital signal in turn fed into the dac chip, if I am not mistaken. In other words less travel of the signal means better results. It could be very minute though.

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #2,277 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by rRav3n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how long did it take to hear from ibasso after placing a order with them ... i not heard from then since placing my order on 1st june.
thanks

I received no email acknowledging the receipt of the order.
It took about three days after my order on their website before I received an email from iBasso with the DHL tracking number of the shipped order. Four days later, it was delivered at my door.

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #2,278 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received no email acknowledging the receipt of the order.
It took about three days after my order on their website before I received an email from iBasso with the DHL tracking number of the shipped order. Four days later, it was delivered at my door.

cool that sits my mind at ease then, thought maybe it hadnt gone through

thanks

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #2,279 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks wolfen68.

My main concern for ibuds was that it may not provide enough load and that I might damage a chip due to overheating while burning in. but if its safe I much prefer using some crappy ibud instead of stressing my proper headphones for long burn in process...

FYI:
According toHiFlight mentioned in an earlier post, there is no need to burn in for op-amps
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #2,280 of 4,153
I've a silly question:

Is the Coax input the same as the SPDIF input?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back