iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jun 5, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #2,281 of 4,153
For those looking for camera case to fit Ipod and D10, the Canon Deluxe Soft Case PSC-100 fits perfectly. The main problem finding a case was the LOD, as the cable sticks out fair bit so either you have to get a bigger case than neede or find a case with a flip top that can be kept open. I'll include some photos so you can see better what I am talking about..
It has a nice belt attachment and it opens by using 2 side zippers. with the lod you cant fully zip up as it pushes the lod but can zip almost all the way and it stays pretty secure..
As a bonus, the case is pretty atractive in itself, with a nice leather touch. The RRP is around 30 dollars but I saw some on Amazon as low as 12~14 dollars so its a pretty good price for the quality case.
For those with IRiver, it might be just a tad too small as you will need to attach the optical cable at the back. So if you are interested I recommend trying it out to see if it fits ok. But for Ipod its a perfect fit ( with no ipod cover. if you have a thick cover it might put strain on the lod and might not be able to zip up too high.)

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #2,283 of 4,153
I received the latest creation from SysConcept the imaged optical cable here. It works great, takes up almost no room, the remote is not obstructed, and the iRiver H140 or H120 work with it.

I need to shoot an image of the one I got as it has no epoxy showing and the heat shrink around both ends is perfect. Who ever dreamed we could get custom service like this.

sany0017.jpg

Previous cable with some epoxy showing.

SysConcept-miniop.jpg

SysConcept MiniOp cable, H140, D10 and P3+.

140-cobra-heron-stack.jpg

The Stack

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #2,284 of 4,153
Looks fine, John.
Unfortunately I do not need it.
I see you use the "removeable" screws from the D3 on the front.
smily_headphones1.gif

Btw. one more question to the black gate caps in your D10.
You use 470uF and 220uF bgs, N or NX, i think.
Will 6.3V be fine? (I think it is for the 5V power supply.)
Or will 10V or 16V be better?

Many thanks and best wishes

Reiner

+
Nice photos
even so I prefer your documentary pictures - these are incredible great

69952492.0zKjoxSR.jpg

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #2,285 of 4,153
The 6.3 volt is needed. Anything larger and the cap will not fit and the 6.3 volt fits the need. It is a very, very tight squeeze and you have to take down the ridges on the upper inside area where the caps are due to contact. Also the 220uf, which are forward of the 470uf, have to be shifted forward and the battery has to be moved over, which is easy.

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #2,286 of 4,153
Many thanks for the information.
There are 4 power supply caps in the D10,
2*1500uF and 2*470uF.
Are these for different sections (i.e. digital and analog)?
If they are working all together, it might be enough to change the 470uF caps.
(The 1500uF are already 105grade type, while the 470 are less resistant.)

Jun 6, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #2,288 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Jamato, have you tried the k701's with the D10? How does it drive?

It drives them fine. It doesn't improve on the bass but the sound was open wit a large sound field.

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #2,290 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhw /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw. one more question to the black gate caps in your D10.
You use 470uF and 220uF bgs, N or NX, i think.

Can you tell me what's the meanings of bgs, N or NX?

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #2,291 of 4,153
Hi Jamato,

I see that you use the lineout of D10 to the P3+. Does it means that the P3+ sounds better than the D10 in terms of the amp performance?

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #2,292 of 4,153
I'm contemplating buying one of these. I'm not sure if the difference between the D2 Boa and the D10 would be obvious with my current set of earphones (I'd be using this exclusively as a USB-DAC/AMP).

However, it may be good to upgrade to a D10, just in case I want to upgrade my headphones later on...

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #2,293 of 4,153
Hi HiFlight, thanks for the topkit. Match well with my D5k.
However, every time i turn on the D10, I can hear come low noise(like very very small wind sound kind of feel) but not with my K702. Is this normal? The topkit not that quiet as other opa?

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #2,294 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm contemplating buying one of these. I'm not sure if the difference between the D2 Boa and the D10 would be obvious with my current set of earphones (I'd be using this exclusively as a USB-DAC/AMP).

However, it may be good to upgrade to a D10, just in case I want to upgrade my headphones later on...

With the IEM and phones in your sig line, you will be able to appreciate the upgrade in sound as you spend time with them.

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #2,295 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you tell me what's the meanings of bgs, N or NX?

bgs - Black Gate Caps

N, NX are different series

from partsconnexion website:
BLACK GATE - Electrolytics
SERIES
AC - non-polar, high-current, compact for loudspeaker cross-over applications
C - polarized, coupling applications, compact, great value for money
FK / K / VK - highest technology polarized, rated up to 350V
N - non-polar
NH - non-polar, high voltage
NX - highest technology non-polar
NOTE: Use N/NH/NX series in the most critical coupling and power supply applications

Users who are viewing this thread

Back