iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
May 31, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #2,251 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fact that SysConcept has catered to such an small niche market speaks volumes of their service. Nice work if you ask me.
biggrin.gif

I wasn't putting down any of Joseph's work. He is #1 in my book. I wish that all people that we deal with in life can be as accommodating as sysconcepts is.
I was merely pointing out that this MiniTM is a bit primitive in it's early stages compared to all of his other works.

May 31, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #2,252 of 4,153
I have noticed that as the Black Gates in my D10 mature more, as they take a long time to form, the sound has taken some interesting turns. The other day I thought an opamp had gone bad or a lead from one of the caps had come loose. The sound wasn't bad but a little hollow and lacked warmth. Having used Black Gates for a long time I know of the changes but this was a little different. I held back from doing any changes and waited. Sure enough after about 2 days the warmth (natural) came back and the hollow sound disappeared. The clarity is still in evidence, in spades and the entire sound spectrum is a delight. I look forward to see what iBasso has done with the P3+.

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #2,253 of 4,153
Good to hear that. I just ordered the Black Gate caps. and they are on the way here.

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #2,254 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeSC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to hear that. I just ordered the Black Gate caps. and they are on the way here.

Can you share the spec of the Black Gates that you're ordering and where?

Can I use the stock opamp with the 8616 buffer? Will it sound good?

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #2,255 of 4,153
hey all,

Well I've finally had my D10 delivered (DHL stuff up!!..) and been burning it for ~40 hours or so. been listening to it through comp>USB>esw10's and have to say the sound is really nice and clean. initially it was a bit edgy and sharp on highs but have slowly smoothed out. The bass is pretty good but i'm hoping it will go just a bit deeper as it burns in.
beyersmile.png

I also got my LOD and optical from sys.concept (ordered 30cm cable and instead got a very short one..maybe about 3inch??. they must have read it wrong so I will see if I have to return it back without opening and trying it...means another 10 days before I get to try the optical..
angry_face.gif
)

My only dissapointment so far has been the amp section through my ipod>LOD. to be honest I couldn't detect that much difference from directly listening from my ipod. Whereas the DAC/AMP difference is like night and day for me... I'm hoping with more burn the sound will get better..

so for those of you with d10, what do you guys think about the amp with your DAPs?? (only the amp section, no DAC)

Jun 2, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #2,256 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so for those of you with d10, what do you guys think about the amp with your DAPs?? (only the amp section, no DAC)

I'm not a gold ear, I must say. Most of the time I listen to Lisa III and Move. The stock amp of the D10 is not as good. After using the topkit I feel that the amp sounds better but I never A/B compare them. This could be placebo effects.

Jun 2, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #2,257 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a gold ear, I must say. Most of the time I listen to Lisa III and Move. The stock amp of the D10 is not as good. After using the topkit I feel that the amp sounds better but I never A/B compare them. This could be placebo effects.

Yeah, i'm also considering getting the topkit to see if the sound will improve. In the meantime I will give some time for the amp to burn in more and see how it develops. to be honest it could be that i've been listening too much that I need to give some break before judging the amp again.
just can't help it coz the DAC/AMP combo sound is soooo good...
k701smile.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #2,258 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, i'm also considering getting the topkit to see if the sound will improve. In the meantime I will give some time for the amp to burn in more and see how it develops. to be honest it could be that i've been listening too much that I need to give some break before judging the amp again.
just can't help it coz the DAC/AMP combo sound is soooo good...
k701smile.gif

According to some headfiers in this thread, there is no burn in for op-amps. So you may jump start after your rest
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #2,259 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to some headfiers in this thread, there is no burn in for op-amps. So you may jump start after your rest
biggrin.gif

yeah, so I guess I should get cracking at ordering the topkit as well
biggrin.gif

actually to be honest I may have jumped the gun with my comment on the AMP section. Just got the LOD today, so maybe I should have done some more listening as I found out the amp is indeed pretty good. the problem was I was mainly listening to classical and I guess some are old recordings. strange though coz they really come to life with the DAC/AMp combo but not much on the AMP alone...but when I tried more recent recordings, especially jazz the AMP did make a noticeable difference...oh well, happy again..
atsmile.gif

now I just have to sit back and relax while this beauty is burning in more..
L3000.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #2,260 of 4,153
just wrote an email to sys.concept about the mix up with my cable. Joseph was great to deal with and told me he will ship the correct length straight away. great customer service...
Also I get to keep the one he already sent so I just opened the package and hooked up my d10.....and....

oh man, the sound from optical in is soooo sweet..!!..

I......must.......find.....a....digital out DAP!!!!!....
ph34r.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #2,261 of 4,153
I wore out a higher end sysconcept.ca optical cable over an 18 month period, and Joseph is happy to replace it although it is out of warrantee. That is great service. I just have to find the time to mail it out, since I still have three other cables from him that work great.

Jun 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #2,262 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wore out a higher end sysconcept.ca optical cable over an 18 month period, and Joseph is happy to replace it although it is out of warrantee. That is great service. I just have to find the time to mail it out, since I still have three other cables from him that work great.

How did you wear out a digital cable? Too much digital transmission and equate to too much bliss. Be careful. :^)

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #2,263 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you wear out a digital cable? Too much digital transmission and equate to too much bliss. Be careful. :^)

I had it stuffed inside a cubby/organizer on my bedside table with my H140 and Micro DAC, with a 90 degree bend too close to the connector.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #2,264 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had it stuffed inside a cubby/organizer on my bedside table with my H140 and Micro DAC, with a 90 degree bend too close to the connector.

Oh, I have done that but figured I had done the damage so I bought a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back