iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jan 25, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #211 of 4,153
Well the D10 is sounding very articulate. By this I mean the the music is beautifully controlled and yet allowed to flow. The bass notes in no way get involved in other frequencies and go deep and tight. The highs are clean and detailed.

More time is needed as I want to have the unit fully formed/burnt-in before I go on and on in either a positive or negative way. As for now I am impressed. I have not even been missing my Woo 6 and I love tubes.

I am still using the default opamps but am itching to try my favorite AD8656, which are the same that I use in the Xin Mini.

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #212 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine today!

Yes.. this quite smaller than D1 or HR portable, even smaller than SR71A. Really impressive for such a DAC/Amp combo with optical input.

Digital setup, iHP140 and D10 (Sys concept Opt cable)
d10h3.jpg

Sys-concept cable with angled adapters .. I am using a cable which was calculated for HR portable2007 , but I need another order for even shorter one
smily_headphones1.gif

d10h4.jpg

Legacy setup, iMod and D10 (ALO SXC LOD)
d10h2.jpg

This comes with a USB capable AC adapter to charge.
d10h1.jpg

As for sounding, I just took a quick listening and I think this is neutral and less colored. (with default opamp)
I need more burnt-in anyway ..

Fantastic!
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #213 of 4,153
I think I am sticking with the AD8656/bypassed buffers configuration for awhile. It sounds great.

Jan 25, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #215 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I am sticking with the AD8656/bypassed buffers configuration for awhile. It sounds great.

I just switched to that about 10 minutes ago. No comment yet. I do like the default opamps. What else have you listened to or compared to?

Yeah, the 8656 sounds great. Guitars on many Grateful Dead live albums is stunning.

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #216 of 4,153
Jan 25, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #217 of 4,153
So it's confirmed that the D10 will be (is!) charged through the USB port, right?
That means it can be used while being charged
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, how does using optical cable make any difference to the SQ? It's just digital data, it's not like the cable can add warmth or detail or something.. Right?

Spank me if my question is off-topic
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #218 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a semi defictive H120 (seems it needs a new battery) going at UK eBay at the moment. Current bid is about £6.

IRIVER IHP120 H120 MP3 PLAYER 20GB - FAULTY H100 iH100 on eBay, also, MP3 Players, Consumer Electronics (end time 25-Jan-09 18:18:34 GMT)

Hey thanks for the link buddy. I think this can be a great candidate for mrarroyo. I can fix the player for him because I do have spare stock battery and CF adapter. From the description, the problem with the headphone out is easily fixable/replacable for DIY junkie.

mrarroyo, YGPM
biggrin.gif

EDIT:
The seller does not ship overseas. UK only. So this may not work after all

Too bad

Jan 25, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #219 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey thanks for the link buddy. I think this can be a great candidate for mrarroyo. I can fix the player for him because I do have spare stock battery and CF adapter. From the description, the problem with the headphone out is easily fixable/replacable for DIY junkie.

mrarroyo, YGPM
biggrin.gif

EDIT:
The seller does not ship overseas. UK only. So this may not work after all

Too bad

My mother-in-law lives in UK so I could probably bid for it and have it shipped to her. I have just emailed the seller asking about this.
I can't use it myself as all my music (>100 GB) is in 320kb aac.

Jan 25, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #220 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine today!

Yes.. this quite smaller than D1 or HR portable, even smaller than SR71A. Really impressive for such a DAC/Amp combo with optical input.

Digital setup, iHP140 and D10 (Sys concept Opt cable)
d10h3.jpg

Sys-concept cable with angled adapters .. I am using a cable which was calculated for HR portable2007 , but I need another order for even shorter one
smily_headphones1.gif

d10h4.jpg

Legacy setup, iMod and D10 (ALO SXC LOD)
d10h2.jpg

This comes with a USB capable AC adapter to charge.
d10h1.jpg

As for sounding, I just took a quick listening and I think this is neutral and less colored. (with default opamp)
I need more burnt-in anyway ..

With that length of cable, are you able to put the amp and h140 together at the center?

Jan 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #221 of 4,153
Jan 25, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #222 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nooo! I've been watching that auction for six days
tongue.gif

oops .....

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #225 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oops .....

You were only trying to help
smily_headphones1.gif
It would suck being in a bidding war against another Head-fi'er though since sound quality is worth a pretty penny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooops indeed
wink.gif

Thanks again for your amp help
biggrin.gif
I'm on here irregularly and often can't finish a most helpful conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back