iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jan 24, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #181 of 4,153
Hey Jama, you dissapoint me, with an EOS 5D in hand and just ONE pic? how about some f2.8 Macro Shots with the H140+D10 Piggybacked together?

* Now I know where all those eBay H140 gone to
ph34r.gif

You guys are killing me. But with a $600 hole in my wallet (Lisa III), I think it will take time before I can grab a D10 or something......

Jan 24, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #182 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are killing me. But with a $600 hole in my wallet (Lisa III), I think it will take time before I can grab a D10 or something......

i give it 2 more days
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #183 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Send the Lisa back. Get the D10. Buy us all beer with the rest of the money you saved.
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #184 of 4,153
I like dark beer, I don't care what kind, surprise me. :^)

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #186 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since many of you have been asking for pictures and my friends (jamato8 and HiFlight) are too busy listening to the new and may I add WONDERFULLY sounding D10 here are some shots.
smile.gif

FYI, my unit arrived today and in addition to the D10 iBasso sent me a T4, so you will see both on the picture. I have also included a D3 as a size comparison.

Right now the D10 and the T4 are burning in and I have kept the D10 in stock configuration. I do so so I can learn how the stock unit sounds. I took a quick pick using a Senn PX100 w/ both the D10 and the T4. This was done w/o any burn in and well ... the D10 is an amazingly good sounding unit. Unfortunately the T4 by comparison is not as good. However lets keep in mind the cost differences.

I will say that both my wife and I were extremely impressed by the T4 size factor. Also by the two color led lights indicating it is being charged (red led) as well as in use (blue led). Pretty cool if you ask me.
icon10.gif

Following the size comparison pictures (3) I then opened up the D10 and took a picture of the board top and the board bottom. Hope these 5 pictures appease your all.
bigsmile_face.gif

DSCN0559.jpg
DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0557.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0561.jpg

I need a gauge how it sound. Any comparison to SuperMicro, reference or sr71/a for the amp section?

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #187 of 4,153
I may have missed it, but is the D10 able to charge from a usb port or only from the supplied wall charger ?
I guess I'll have to order one in february to replace my D1.

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #188 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty tough call, as the modified D1 was quite good, especially thru the digital inputs.

I think the soundstage and imaging of the D10 is better and the amp section circuitry has been improved considerably in the D10.

Overall, with my source and phones, I would have to say that I think the D10 is the winner, as it just seems to have more of that very elusive quality called "realism"!

That is probably more a psychoacoustic property than one that can be measured.

I would surmise that on the testbench, there would be very little difference in the measurable specifications.

Thanks HiFlight. Were your impressions based on the optical in? Is the USB in the D10 a significant step up from the D1?

Based on mrarroyo's photos, looks like Ibasso did away with the need for opamps in the DAC portion. Man, this unit is tiny! Don't suppose the D10 has any space for opamps that require single-to-dual adaptors, e.g. AD743s?

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #189 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may have missed it, but is the D10 able to charge from a usb port or only from the supplied wall charger ?

So far, I haven't seen any amp/dac combo charges from the dac port. Since most of these amps, Predator, Pico, Duet (doesn't use rechargeable), etc. can be used as a DAC only, feeding into another amp, the DAC circuitry must be totally isolated from the charging circuitry. Also, the single ended and dac inputs need separate burn-in time.

On a different note, the iRiver's are an older technology, and unfortunately cannot be charged from the same USB input that is used for downloading songs. This makes it more difficult on the road, where I can use my laptop's USB port to charge most of my accessories (Blackberry, Bluetooth, camera, and so on).

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #190 of 4,153
Jan 24, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #191 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I'll have to order one in february to replace my D1.

Am i completely missing where the power adapter would be plugged in?

From the rear planel it looks like you swap between using the USB as DAC in or for charging purposes:

2009117231629.jpg

And the front just has outputs/input.

Jan 24, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #192 of 4,153
I think all iBasso USB/DAC charge from the USB port..

d3finalcopy.jpg

The D3 also doesn't have any port for charging.

BOA-Newcopy.jpg

I know for sure that my D2 Boa charges from the USB port. And I can use it while it's charging (though I'm not sure if that's good practice).

Jan 24, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #195 of 4,153
The D10 is charged via a wall wart w/ a cable terminated to an USB mini which plugs unto the back of the D10.

UPDATE ON SOUND FOLLOWING 14 HOURS OF BURN IN!

The change is profound, this IMO is very different in that ussually a change of this maginitude takes much longer. As a matter of fact I found the T4 improved more than the D10 w/ the +/-14 hours of burn in. My theory is that the T4 has smaller caps and simpler circuit and thus it has taken much less time to burn-in.

My other theory is that both units will still take 200 hours of burn in but will be all over until they stabilize. As far as comparison I am headed to meet w/ vorlon1 w/ a bunch of other amps to see ...

More to come, but for now I leave you w/ a picture of the burning in area.

TestingRigD10andT4wOthers.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back