iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jan 25, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #226 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You were only trying to help
smily_headphones1.gif
It would suck being in a bidding war against another Head-fi'er though since sound quality is worth a pretty penny.

Seems you will not have to worry about me bidding against you. The seller did reply that it was ok for me to bid as long as shipping went to UK but the way he has said up the auction eBay prevents me from bidding because my registered address is in Denmark.

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #227 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems you will not have to worry about me bidding against you. The seller did reply that it was ok for me to bid as long as shipping went to UK but the way he has said up the auction eBay prevents me from bidding because my registered address is in Denmark.

Woohoo! I'm still in the running
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #228 of 4,153
Can I return my D3 that I bought in December? Lol.

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #229 of 4,153
Wooo, that iRiver is a deal. I fix these all the time. . .. .

Jan 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #230 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lots of people are looking for a USB only amp/dac combo second hand
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #231 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Put it in the FS thread. I almost bought a D3 last year. Then I read that iBasso was working on the D10 with an optical and coax input. So I waited for it.

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #232 of 4,153
Damn, outbid
frown.gif
Oh well, I still have some iMod DIYing to do before I can afford both an iRiver and the D10.

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #233 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wooo, that iRiver is a deal. I fix these all the time. . .. .

So it ended at £49. Don't know if that is a good price ?

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #234 of 4,153
It's an ok price. For repair and new battery it would have been a good buy at round 60 dollars or so.

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #235 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, outbid
frown.gif
Oh well, I still have some iMod DIYing to do before I can afford both an iRiver and the D10.

Seriously, you should factor in at least $120 for an iRiver H120. Had the seller allowed for international bidding, I would have been happy to pay $100 even if it's partially faulty.

DIY iMod isn't cheap either. And you can also DIYmod the H120/140 as well. There's a guide somewhere.

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #236 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, you should factor in at least $120 for an iRiver H120. Had the seller allowed for international bidding, I would have been happy to pay $100 even if it's partially faulty.

DIY iMod isn't cheap either. And you can also DIYmod the H120/140 as well. There's a guide somewhere.

Thanks for the tip. Luckily I've already got an iPod Mini from a friend and the caps are on the way. In reality I was going to bid near to $100 for it but was held up by my grandmother. Since I've already got a portable system that I can happily listen to I'm in no rush to pick up another iRiver to fix/CF mod. I'm simply intrigued to compare diyMod with Blackgates, diyMod with Sonicaps and iRiver optical connected to the D10 as I'm sure I'll find a use for each combination.

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #237 of 4,153
Has anyone who ordered a D10 on it's day of release actually gotten one yet? It seems like the ones that Head-fi members have gotten so far were sent pre-release (or actually live in Asia).

Ibasso sent me a DHL tracking number last Tuesday or Wednesday...but five days later it still does not show as a recognized tracking number on DHL's site.

I'm wondering what to expect as I have no idea when it will come...or if a delivery confirmation signature will be required. I guess the other issue is that Wisconsin has been below 0 lately and I would rather that the D10 not sit out in those temperatures all day. No replies from ibasso as I suppose they're on holiday.

Anybody have any idea what I should expect based on your previous ibasso experience?

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #238 of 4,153
I would email iBasso, though they are on vacation.

I got mine shipped a couple of days after the release date.

Jan 25, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #240 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, you should factor in at least $120 for an iRiver H120.

2 years ago, a couple of hundred 120/140's were being sold by a European liquidator for between $200 and $300. Why, because it was the last DAPs with an optical in/out and it's a damn good unit. $120, even if it needs a new battery, is a good deal.

On those lines...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadhanaputra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, how does using optical cable make any difference to the SQ? It's just digital data, it's not like the cable can add warmth or detail or something.. Right?

If you mean compared the the usb out, then you will hear negligible difference either for the better or the worse.

If you mean compared to the headphone or line out, remember that both the optical and usb line out bypass the DAC and amp in your source, which we assume is inferior to the ones in the D10. So yes, you will get more detail and warmth and soundstage, etc.

Hope this helps, either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back