iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Feb 19, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #767 of 4,153
moot point if rockbox limits the output anyway but here is a reply I received from Ibasso regarding its optical connection:

Thank you for your email.
The D10 has the WM8740 D/A chip, it can do decoding on 24/192. However, our equipment outputs 24/96 at most. We cant test the 24/192. Sorry about that.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #768 of 4,153
I don't think that iBasso ever dreamed it would get involved with such a bunch of inquisitive audio "geeks"
biggrin.gif

But it should be worth it to them, if their sales exceeds expectations.

Then again, any company that is cool enough to provide the "average Joe" with a choice of chips to swap and even include the allen key, must have the foresight that this would come with the territory.

This opens new exciting horizons to our most beloved hobby.
cool.gif

Their customer service seems to have stepped up a notch since recovering from their New Year festivities.

Kudos to iBasso. A great product for a good price.

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #769 of 4,153
I agree, these kind of products for these prices, and with the customer service you receive (always received a reply to emails within 24hrs of sending) means Ibasso deserve all the success they get.

Now, onto another question.

Considering the reply from Ibasso above, if I wanted to connect an sacd player to my d10 optically, it means that I wont be getting to full sacd audio outputted will I?

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #770 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D1 however would choke on any optical more than 24/48, and just make noise.

In that case we know for certain the the H-140 is not outputting 24/192 since I'm using it with a D1 until my D10 arrives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the reply from Ibasso above, if I wanted to connect an sacd player to my d10 optically, it means that I wont be getting to full sacd audio outputted will I?

The way I read the reply they say that the chip can handle full 24/192 but they have never tested it as they don't have a source that can deliver it so they don't know if the D10 can

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #772 of 4,153
Quote:

I agree, these kind of products for these prices, and with the customer service you receive (always received a reply to emails within 24hrs of sending) means Ibasso deserve all the success they get.

Now, onto another question.

Considering the reply from Ibasso above, if I wanted to connect an sacd player to my d10 optically, it means that I wont be getting to full sacd audio outputted will I?

You will let us know when you received your D10, right?

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #773 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will let us know when you received your D10, right?

I will.

Get this:

It took 17 hours from factory in hong kong to london

14 hours from london to manchester
and it will be tomorrow now when I get the amp which will mean it has taken over 24 hours to do the last 25 mile leg.

Britain is ******* and the sooner I get my degree the better, as I am out of this dump.

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #774 of 4,153
Quote:

I will.

Get this:

It took 17 hours from factory in hong kong to london

14 hours from london to manchester
and it will be tomorrow now when I get the amp which will mean it has taken over 24 hours to do the last 25 mile leg.

Britain is ******* and the sooner I get my degree the better, as I am out of this dump.

Do you have to pay import tax? My D10 was declared as a sample and therefore no import tax.

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #775 of 4,153
Quote:

Except for the Emm Labs and some dCS dac/transport combos, I believe that most SACD players, such as my Esoteric DV-50, still output in PCM, so it wouldn't matter.

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #776 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, just wondering,

Is there enough space in the D10 to fit a single x2 to dual Dip to Dip brown dog adapter?

Jon

Jon...
Short answer...NO.
There are, however, a pretty good assortment of nice-sounding dual-channel, low voltage opamps that work well. Check page 30 of this thread.

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #777 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, just wondering,

Is there enough space in the D10 to fit a single x2 to dual Dip to Dip brown dog adapter?

Jon

No, it needs to be a stacked over under soldered SOIC onto the 2:1 kinda thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except for the Emm Labs and some dCS dac/transport combos, I believe that most SACD players, such as my Esoteric DV-50, still output in PCM, so it wouldn't matter.

I was thinking you'd have to go DVD audio to be sure of getting 24/192, right?

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #778 of 4,153
Quote:

Do you have to pay import tax? My D10 was declared as a sample and therefore no import tax.

No, don't think so anyway, the last dhl shipment I had evaded import duties, and this one has tried to be delivered already (so they say).. but they didn't, this is the second time ive had dhl deliver goods and the second time they said the same thing.

But I don't live in a rambling estate and can see and hear everyone who comes to the front door, not to mention my trusty canine friend goes off his head the moment anyone so much as breathes in the front garden.

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #779 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so then, what is the advantage of sacd if they tend to output in standard cd quality?

I dont understand (wont be the first time)

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #780 of 4,153
Quote:

Really? It would be a really good thing!
I send to them an email to ask about some their european dealer to avoid the import tax and they answered that they have one dealer in Uk but they export there just D2boa and T4
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back