iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Feb 20, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #796 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you guys know just how back ordered ibasso is for the d10? i want to get one but i rather wait for it to be instock than back ordered.. (i dont like my money to be held while waiting forever to recieve an item).

Send them an email and ask.

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #798 of 4,153
I ordered 48 hours ago but have not even received an order confirmation and emailed them 24 hours ago but has not received a reply to that either

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #799 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks I've already checked it when you posted it previously, but probably it's more expansive than pay import tax!

Yes they will be as they have to do all the service and support including the 2 year warranty required by danish law and cover the danish 25% vat and they would especially expensive for UK customers due to the poor pound exchange rate. Their price for the D10 is 2500 DKK which equates to abot $450 while buying it but directly from iBasso I have to pay $300 including shipping. However if the parcel get caught by danish customs I have to add 5% import tax, 25% vat and $25 handling fee bringing my total to $405.

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #800 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...taekwondo for my son wed, H&R block today

That's freaky
eek.gif
I also went to H & R Block today!

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #801 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered 48 hours ago but have not even received an order confirmation and emailed them 24 hours ago but has not received a reply to that either

I don't think they give order confirmations besides the PayPal payment receipt. I was hoping mine would be shipped by Friday, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
frown.gif
I purchased mine a week ago.

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #802 of 4,153
Just received a reply to my email and they say that my amp will ship monday. Then after some burn-in to compare it to the D1 and RudiStor XJ-03 but I'm almost certain that it is of such a quality that convenience will dictate that I sell the XJ-03, return the D1 to home office duty where it is usb dac and preamp for my powered Boston Accoustics computer speakers and the consolidate my travel tig to consist of the D10, H140, D-NE920 and SysConcept optical cable.

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #803 of 4,153
rung dhl this morning (closed last night)

shipment on hold, driver lied about attempting delivery, no failed delivery note left and me, dog and other family members in all day.

Too late to send it out today as drivers all left on their routes (conveniently, this occurs before the phone lines open) delivery will not be re-attempted until monday.

Needless to say I shall take 20 minutes out of my day to collect it in person and tell em what a bunch of "special" people they are.

Do you know, from the same consignment, amps left the factory and were in peoples hands across america within practically 24 hours.

The same amps left the factory and arrived in london within 17 hrs.

If I wait till Monday it would have taken 6 or 7 days to get the amp from London to just outside Manchester.

Hang your head in shame Britain, you're pretty piss poor.

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #804 of 4,153
Found the spec sheet for the Phillips UDA1380TT that is supposed to be the ADC/DAC chip in iRiver H1XX units.

24-bit data path for Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
and Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)

Supports sample frequencies from 8 to 55 kHz for the
ADC part, and 8 to 100 kHz for the DAC part. The ADC
does not support DVD audio (96 kHz audio), only
Mini-Disc (MD), Compact-Disc (CD) and Moving Picture
Experts Group Layer-3 Audio (MP3). For playback
8 to 100 kHz is specified. DVD playback is supported

So if I understand this correctly the hardware in the unit should be able to handle 24/96 files

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #805 of 4,153
Quote:

shipment on hold, driver lied about attempting delivery, no failed delivery note left and me, dog and other family members in all day.

In my experience, when that's occured it's been caught by customs.

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #806 of 4,153
If the customs had stopped it I would have been notified of a customs charge, not an attempted delivery report.

It isn't clandestine, they are very upfront about you paying importation duties you know.

As it is, british arm of dhl obviously dont want to finish their deliveries if it is getting close to knock off time.

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #807 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes they will be as they have to do all the service and support including the 2 year warranty required by danish law and cover the danish 25% vat and they would especially expensive for UK customers due to the poor pound exchange rate. Their price for the D10 is 2500 DKK which equates to abot $450 while buying it but directly from iBasso I have to pay $300 including shipping. However if the parcel get caught by danish customs I have to add 5% import tax, 25% vat and $25 handling fee bringing my total to $405.

I'm italian and I have to pay 20% VAT plus 5€ of import managing cost plus a percentage of import tax that I don't know exactly how much it is from china for that kind of product!

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #808 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rung dhl this morning (closed last night)

Too late to send it out today as drivers all left on their routes (conveniently, this occurs before the phone lines open) delivery will not be re-attempted until monday.

Needless to say I shall take 20 minutes out of my day to collect it in person and tell em what a bunch of "special" people they are.

Do you know, from the same consignment, amps left the factory and were in peoples hands across america within practically 24 hours.

The same amps left the factory and arrived in london within 17 hrs.

If I wait till Monday it would have taken 6 or 7 days to get the amp from London to just outside Manchester.

Hang your head in shame Britain, you're pretty piss poor.

Are they DHL or Royal Mail?

Don't comlain too much about Uk services, you should live a period in italy to know what is a real crap service!
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #809 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they DHL or Royal Mail?

Don't comlain too much about Uk services, you should live a period in italy to know what is a real crap service!
wink.gif

Yes antonyfirst once had a Westone replacement cable from Jaben take 5-6 weeks to arrive and at least 4 weeks of that was in Italian customs/post as I recall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back