iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Feb 20, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #811 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think they give order confirmations besides the PayPal payment receipt. I was hoping mine would be shipped by Friday, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
frown.gif
I purchased mine a week ago.

I received an e-mail confirmation from iBasso.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rung dhl this morning (closed last night)

shipment on hold, driver lied about attempting delivery, no failed delivery note left and me, dog and other family members in all day.

Too late to send it out today as drivers all left on their routes (conveniently, this occurs before the phone lines open) delivery will not be re-attempted until monday.

Needless to say I shall take 20 minutes out of my day to collect it in person and tell em what a bunch of "special" people they are.

Do you know, from the same consignment, amps left the factory and were in peoples hands across america within practically 24 hours.

The same amps left the factory and arrived in london within 17 hrs.

If I wait till Monday it would have taken 6 or 7 days to get the amp from London to just outside Manchester.

Hang your head in shame Britain, you're pretty piss poor.

This is why I posted the bit about taking 3 days to deliver a letter from NY to NJ (neighboring states) but received a package 1 day from Hong Kong!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does ibasso deliver through Dhl?

In the States, the final courier was DHL (ugly yellow trucks).

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #812 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is why I posted the bit about taking 3 days to deliver a letter from NY to NJ (neighboring states) but received a package 1 day from Hong Kong!

It seems so strange, well, it is so strange, things can traverse the globe in less than a day yet it takes half a week to travel a few miles.

Luca T:

Dhl is the shipper ibasso use and who were responsible for my delivery in the uk too.

Back home now, and am seriously impressed with the package of goods.

Ibasso will probably be getting a lot more custom from me in the future.

Nuff Said.

Now to listen to the beast.

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #813 of 4,153
The reason why I never bought a Pico or Predator, was because they only offer a USB input.
How iBasso also offers toslink and coax digital input w/ management logic to seek out the hierarchy of inputs, allows for the DAC or amp to be used in standalone mode with the inclusion of a 1/8" output which shuts down the headphone port, and DAC and amp that holds it's water, in an attractive case, for a reasonable price, pleases me.
Also, besides a gain switch, it offers the ability to keep a USB source plugged in all of the time because it has a charge on/off switch. Not to mention the ability to swap chips to cater to taste. What's not to like?
That's a lot of back for the buck!

It's really an "end all" package. Sorry that I'm gushing all over this (not usually my style), but deservedly so.

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #814 of 4,153
Quote:

The reason why I never bought a Pico or Predator, was because they only offer a USB input.
How iBasso also offers toslink and coax digital input w/ management logic to seek out the hierarchy of inputs, allows for the DAC or amp to be used in standalone mode with the inclusion of a 1/8" output which shuts down the headphone port, and DAC and amp that holds it's water, in an attractive case, for a reasonable price, pleases me.
Also, besides a gain switch, it offers the ability to keep a USB source plugged in all of the time because it has a charge on/off switch. Not to mention the ability to swap chips to cater to taste. What's not to like?
That's a lot of back for the buck!

It's really an "end all" package. Sorry that I'm gushing all over this (not usually my style), but deservedly so.

Its also the little touches, the included optical cable, the mini to mini, the two pleather? cases, the op amps, spare screws, allen keys.

It really is quite an achievement, and then you consider the price like you say and that's just the icing on the cake.

Ibasso deserve all the plaudits they get.

Currently using it as a dac only feeding my iqube through to shure 530's and am very pleased with the sound.

Am detecting some hiss through the d10's amp hence the switch to iqube which has reduced it (I listen at high volumes) but then again, its got 20 minutes on the d10, the 530's are notorious for their sensitivity and you can roll op amps to find a different flavour.

I hope ibasso goes from strength to strength while retaining their present philosophy.

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #815 of 4,153
Anyone know if a dac only portable unit is in plan ?

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #816 of 4,153
Well, to be fair to the Pico and Predator, they're built in the US (parts and labor are much cheaper in China), and the build quality is superior.

This isn't a bash on iBasso, as I use my D1 more than my RSA Tomahawk since I prefer the sound, but there's no doubt in my mind that an RSA amp could take more of a beating than an iBasso amp. I have no problem using my Tomahawk when mowing the lawn, but I'm quite wary of using my D1 in such hot and dusty/dirty situations. The 1/8" connectors on the D1 feel cheap and rough when plugging in a cable, whereas it feels smooth and solid with the Tomahawk. These are little things, but they add up. The increased expense of Predator and Pico is not unreasonable.

Again, iBasso build quality is good, and the feature set is great for the price. The build quality of these others is simply better.

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #817 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hang your head in shame Britain, you're pretty piss poor.

One badly run company does not warrant this sort of comment. Especially from someone being educated at tax payers' expense (the tuition fee barely scratches the surface). If it's so bad here, do the honourable thing, leave now and fund the rest of your education yourself. Either that, or give the whining a rest.

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #818 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if a dac only portable unit is in plan ?

This has been rumoured (earlier in this thread I think). The word was "Don't hassle iBasso, just way for the announcement". Same with the amp with build-in dap.

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #820 of 4,153
OK. This is going in a bad, no-win direction.

If you guys want to continue the Pro-England/Anti-England conversation, you guys need to find another means of communication outside of this thread.

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #823 of 4,153
Quote:

I received an e-mail confirmation from iBasso

Thanks for letting me know. I just sent them a message with their contact form. Maybe that's why mine hasn't shipped yet haha. Oh well.

Feb 20, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #824 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for letting me know. I just sent them a message with their contact form. Maybe that's why mine hasn't shipped yet haha. Oh well.

I got an email today saying mine would ship today. I purchased on the 15th of this month. Unfortunately, when I used Paypal, the wrong mailing address was used. I sent an email stating my correct mailing address. They confirmed right away. Great customer service

PS. Yukihiro, where in La Jolla do you live? I lived there for several years while going to school.

Feb 20, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #825 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got an email today saying mine would ship today. I purchased on the 15th of this month. Unfortunately, when I used Paypal, the wrong mailing address was used. I sent an email stating my correct mailing address. They confirmed right away. Great customer service

PS. Yukihiro, where in La Jolla do you live? I lived there for several years while going to school.

Interesting. I ordered mine on February 12th and have yet to receive any notification of shipment or confirmation (besides the standard PayPal receipt).

I'll go ahead and send them a message to see what's up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back