iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Feb 2, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #391 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... it is sounding more like a home amp. I am very surprised.

I am very pleased with the D10 sounding more like a home amp than a portable. Very few portable amps can make this claim.
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #393 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
little bit out of topic, but can the d10 drive a 250 ohm full-sized headphone by itself? (DAC + amp)

If used purely as a DAC, can it provide enough juice for a different amp?

It had no problem driving my 300 ohm HD600 up till the point I snapped my headband in half today
eek.gif

However, if I plug the 25 ohm Denon into the DAC line out then the volume is very quiet, so I can't answer the "feed another amp" question will I try using it a desktop amp later. I planned to do that after everything was done being burned in next week.

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #394 of 4,153
Hi Fi'ers
My friend can get a new D1 under $175 for me from China (I can save the shipping, also tax.). I will mainly use it as a DAC between my pc and LD MKIII. So the size is not a problem with me.

I am just considering whether the D10's SQ is much bettter than D1? I Know the D/A chip is defferent.

Ibasso doesn't sale D10 and D3 in China.

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #395 of 4,153
thanks for the help.

Does the D10 just drive the full-sized just loud or to the point where the music is quite enjoyable?

I'm wondering whether I'll need to order another desktop amp in addition to the D10 to drive the DT770s (250ohms.)

BTW, what does the output power of 100 mW + 100 mW signify? I thought output was supposed to be given in units of V?

Maybe I'm just bad with units
frown.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #396 of 4,153
oops

Feb 2, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #397 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudhole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Fi'ers
My friend can get a new D1 under $175 for me from China (I can save the shipping, also tax.). I will mainly use it as a DAC between my pc and LD MKIII. So the size is not a problem with me.

I am just considering whether the D10's SQ is much bettter than D1? I Know the D/A chip is defferent.

Ibasso doesn't sale D10 and D3 in China.

To me the D1 is very good when fed from optical but only average when fed from usb so I would guess that there are a lot of options that would be better than the D1 for usb feed and dac only duty. Wether they can be had for $175 I don't know.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #398 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It had no problem driving my 300 ohm HD600 up till the point I snapped my headband in half today
eek.gif

However, if I plug the 25 ohm Denon into the DAC line out then the volume is very quiet, so I can't answer the "feed another amp" question will I try using it a desktop amp later. I planned to do that after everything was done being burned in next week.

The output of the DAC through the Aux In/Out is standard line-level output voltage, and will barely be enough to drive any phone and is not affected by the volume knob. It is designed to feed the input of another amp, not as a direct phone output.

The line-level output voltage will drive any external amp very well.

Feb 2, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #401 of 4,153
Can't remember but it's all in this thread

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #403 of 4,153
OK current D10 owners....I had an odd thing happen and if anyone can help explain it....it would be appreciated:

I had the D10 burning in last night running on battery only. When I woke up, the battery was dead. I turned the D10 power off, connected the AC adapter and let it charge for one hour. Since I was heading to work and did not want to leave it charging for 12 plus hours, I flicked the charge switch to "off" and left it plugged in to AC. I turned the unit's main power "On" and went to work to allow it to continue burning in.

When I came home, the unit had no sound and would not work. The AC adapter was still plugged in with the usual indicator lights. I tried to get it to work to no avail. After awhile, I switched the charge switch to "ON" and after a few minutes, the unit began to slowly work again....first with a blinking low battery indicator and then working as it should.

It seems that the unit will not work on regular AC as an external power source...though it will charge with the switch in the charge position. What the heck?

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #404 of 4,153
Same as the D2 Boa, it will only run off USB power with charge set to "on", otherwise "off" disconnects the USB power from the battery and if the battery is dead it will not run till you turn the switch to "on".

Feb 3, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #405 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Due to the low supply voltage to the opamp sockets, there are relatively few opamps that will work well in the D10, however the upside is that those that do work are great sounding opamps!

How would I go about finding out which opamps are A-okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back