iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Mar 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #1,561 of 4,153
god I hope he gets my email s and PM's or i'll be blacklisted and wont be able to order it at all. man what a stupid ordering system, no paypal, and no way for me to do it any other way. and they were quite slow telling me not to do it too. really good service except for these annoying issues.

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #1,562 of 4,153
wow thats a bummer, hope you manage to get it sorted, I know what its like trying to get gear so you have all the pieces together at the same time etc.

I can kind of understand it as thats the case with a lot of places re same billing and delivery address, but if both parties informing him of the situation etc...

anyway, hope you get it sorted.

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #1,563 of 4,153
me too, since nc8000 is a past customer of theirs as well, you would hope they could do something; I mean I get it too, but you would hope that with nc8000 actually being the one whos doing it that they could make an exception. and they better not blacklist mne when I informed them that was what I was doing and they were too slow to stop me. havent heard from nc8000, hope its OK, hope he doesnt get blacklisted.

edit: well I stopped him in time; but its still in the works, maybe we can sort it I dunno. whats most frustrating is what I will be waiting for is a blody cable!!! i'm not at all used to having to rely on someone else for a cable, if I need one for a specific purpose all I have to do is go downstairs and make one with the best materials around. and here I am struggling to get one from canada. man i'm gonna have to see about getting some raw fibre so i'm not in this position agaiomn. doesnt look too hard and nothing in the way of special tools are really needed according to EFN

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #1,564 of 4,153
there was a website I stumbled upon a few weeks ago which sold all the parts required to make your own optical cable, basically pressure fitted together, no soldering obviously, no special tools required, get the parts, make your cable.

The bad part is I didn't think much about it at the time and haven't bookmarked the site, and im having a right time of it trying to find it again
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #1,565 of 4,153
Emailed Joseph at SysConcept and he'll make an exception since I have ordered from them 3 times before so a happy ending to this story

Mar 26, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #1,566 of 4,153
yes happy indeed. now I just need to make you a cable; PM me with specs. perhaps a new iphone LOD with the new set-up to avoid the airplane mode prompt?? whatever man; helped me a great deal
beerchug.gif

now I just need to get a few extra op-amps looks like its time to PM hiflight

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #1,567 of 4,153
Hey qusp, Sure, pm hiflight he is a great guy and I hope you will buy stuff from him. I still dont like it though that sysconcept does not have paypal, truly paypal is the easiest method of payment from nl. I have a credit card here somewhere although i have not used it here for a while because the fraud department is really aggressive. if someone charges my card then i will immediately get called by fraud dept. If I am not at home when they call my card will get closed and I have to call them to get a new one....
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #1,568 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes happy indeed. now I just need to make you a cable; PM me with specs. perhaps a new iphone LOD with the new set-up to avoid the airplane mode prompt?? whatever man; helped me a great deal
beerchug.gif

now I just need to get a few extra op-amps looks like its time to PM hiflight

And Joseph has shipped all your bits and bobs. Very fast service as always.

And x2 on hiflight. He made me a very nice chipset for my old D1

Mar 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #1,570 of 4,153
im very pleased with my d10, burn in at 300 hours mark and it's sound very pleasing, detailed to my ears with the pfe's
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #1,571 of 4,153
yeah I PM'ed HiFlight a few hours ago, man i'm getting sooo excited; its a whole new ballgame of gadgets and detail in music. cant wait. my lisa is gonna be soooo happy. already sorted myself with new cables well at least I know how to make an analogue one LOL.

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #1,572 of 4,153
Hello, Good luck with the d10 Qusp! I am actually quite happy that I cant opamproll otherwise the tinkering would NEVER stop. lol. I bet you will have fun with it though. Wont you be using the gamma dac with your lisa? There is now also the dac-only version of the pico I think although I bet its still more expewnsive then the d10.
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #1,573 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah I PM'ed HiFlight a few hours ago, man i'm getting sooo excited; its a whole new ballgame of gadgets and detail in music. cant wait. my lisa is gonna be soooo happy. already sorted myself with new cables well at least I know how to make an analogue one LOL.

My favorite opamps from Hiflight are the 2228 and the LTC6241HV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back