iBasso D-Zero
Sep 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #211 of 240
This needs a bump : I just saw the SE version in my local electronics store here in Tokyo : it comes bundled with a 2 inch USB micro to mini connector and claims to be android compatible. I did a websearch but only came up with Japanese sites.  Any English speakers out there have experience with this version?  Or should I go buy it and be the first . . . . 

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #214 of 240
  This needs a bump : I just saw the SE version in my local electronics store here in Tokyo : it comes bundled with a 2 inch USB micro to mini connector and claims to be android compatible. I did a websearch but only came up with Japanese sites.  Any English speakers out there have experience with this version?  Or should I go buy it and be the first . . . . 

Hi there!  This is my first post on Head-Fi!  I've been here around for a while but just a bit lazy to register.
tongue_smile.gif

To share with you what I know, I have got my D-Zero about a month ago in Hong Kong.  It didn't marked 'SE' but it did come with a 2 inch micro to mini USB connector that you mentioned.  I use this to connect my S3 LTE to D-Zero and it works.  Sound quality is amazing! 
etysmile.gif

Something to note though:
a) It seems that the power of the DAC part of D-Zero is drawn from the phone but NOT internally from D-Zero so the battery of my S3 is being drained pretty fast!
b) I am using Neutron Music Player and playing with the EQ of Neutron does affect the headphone out sound.  Personally I wish it could be by-passed but it hasn't.  I have not tried the other players yet.

Because of a) above, I think using the D-Zero in this way as DAC for the smartphone is practically possible only if you listen to songs for a short time daily.  My guess is, like 30 minutes; otherwise you will have to make sure you have an extra battery for the rest of your day......well, you need that anyway for smartphone nowadays
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #215 of 240
Hi guys

Just got myself a unit and am a bit confused about the aux in/out function.

If the D0 is out to feed my Aune T1 DAC's headphone in, am I  using the amp section or dac standalone of the D0? I feel that this set up gives me a fuller sound overall..

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #216 of 240
Hi guys

Just got myself a unit and am a bit confused about the aux in/out function.

If the D0 is out to feed my Aune T1 DAC's headphone in, am I  using the amp section or dac standalone of the D0? I feel that this set up gives me a fuller sound overall..

When using the D-Zero Aux in/out, you are bypassing the D-Zero internal amp and using only the DAC to provide the output, hence no "double-amping" is taking place.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #217 of 240
When using the D-Zero Aux in/out, you are bypassing the D-Zero internal amp and using only the DAC to provide the output, hence no "double-amping" is taking place.

I`m using the D-Zero (SE version)  from the lineout of the iBasso DX50.  It eliminates the DX50`s hiss with my Shure iems.  How is it eliminating the hiss ?  Thanks for the info....

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #219 of 240
using with a dx50 and shure's i am finding the line out worsens the hiss, the phone out reduces hiss even with gain up on both devices!! .. , i am very happy with the sound and am finally enjoying my 846 propperly.story time .. i actually lost my d zero when i climed down a man hole wen on the turps one night then i recovered it month later ., i thought it would be bugered dew to rain but a few months later (tonite) i chargerd her up and she fired !! to my surprise , solid little number for the price i can only imajine what a more expensive amp will do for the 846 . btw dx50 is terrible unamped for 846 /compared with  d zero or even a smart fone

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #220 of 240

Hi there!  This is my first post on Head-Fi!  I've been here around for a while but just a bit lazy to register.
tongue_smile.gif

To share with you what I know, I have got my D-Zero about a month ago in Hong Kong.  It didn't marked 'SE' but it did come with a 2 inch micro to mini USB connector that you mentioned.  I use this to connect my S3 LTE to D-Zero and it works.  Sound quality is amazing! 
etysmile.gif

Something to note though:
a) It seems that the power of the DAC part of D-Zero is drawn from the phone but NOT internally from D-Zero so the battery of my S3 is being drained pretty fast!
b) I am using Neutron Music Player and playing with the EQ of Neutron does affect the headphone out sound.  Personally I wish it could be by-passed but it hasn't.  I have not tried the other players yet.

Because of a) above, I think using the D-Zero in this way as DAC for the smartphone is practically possible only if you listen to songs for a short time daily.  My guess is, like 30 minutes; otherwise you will have to make sure you have an extra battery for the rest of your day......well, you need that anyway for smartphone nowadays
biggrin.gif

yeh that battery thing sux - a real disappointment it actually cooked my two day old lg g2 battery and i needed to replace the phone 

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #221 of 240
just tried to visit the iBasso website and ended up here...http://www.easycgi.com/

anyone else having trouble accessing iBasso.com?

edit - the site is back up now.http://www.ibasso.com/en/home/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back