iBasso D-Zero
Aug 22, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #16 of 240
Just because it's cheaper doesn't necessarily mean the amp is worse. It looks like the T3/T4 are being phased out... maybe with the DB0 as replacement and with more competitive pricing.

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 240

Quote:
Just because it's cheaper doesn't necessarily mean the amp is worse. It looks like the T3/T4 are being phased out... maybe with the DB0 as replacement and with more competitive pricing.

Perhaps, but that'll be a very poor marketing decision from iBasso, trying to price its own products against each other (T3 is still on sale and more expensive than D-ZERO). I do hope you are right however, as I am interested in D-Zero myself.

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #18 of 240
Anyone here wants to buy it and review it for the team?  I like the design of it and looks much better than my E11 imho.  I would buy one if I have the money (very limited funds at the moment
frown.gif
)

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #19 of 240

Quote:
Pricing could just be a nod to the fact that FiiO and other amp makers, so iBasso decided to tap that market with aggressive pricing. Not unusual at all, and basically it's the FiiO strategy/model, right? So iBasso decided to take on FiiO with this product.

With iBasso calling out TPA6130 as a cheap opamp, I guess the intention to target E7 is pretty clear on iBasso's part. I won't mind picking one up except I already buy an amp this month. Well, maybe sometime next month. I actually already have E7 (with the L7) and Headstage USB DAC cable where both use the same PCM270x + WM8740 structure for DAC. Will be interesting to do a three ways shootout.

[EDIT] Saw impression on another site comparing D-ZERO to D2 Boa. Overall it seems that D-ZERO sounds a bit better than D2 Boa.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #20 of 240
Heh, who wants to be the next Skylab and start compiling a giant portable amps thread? (or taking a step further back, the portable dac/amp thread like HeadphoneAddict)

Aug 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #21 of 240

Quote:
Someone says the D-ZERO amp sounds better than D2 Boa amp? Or the DAC? Or both? Might be worth a purchase, but again, no snap decisions here. I have made way too many of them already in this hobby.

I think they are only talking about the amp section. but I can't be sure. They are referring D-ZERO as the D2 Boa successor.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #22 of 240

Quote:

With iBasso calling out TPA6130 as a cheap opamp, I guess the intention to target E7 is pretty clear on iBasso's part. I won't mind picking one up except I already buy an amp this month. Well, maybe sometime next month. I actually already have E7 (with the L7) and Headstage USB DAC cable where both use the same PCM270x + WM8740 structure for DAC. Will be interesting to do a three ways shootout.

[EDIT] Saw impression on another site comparing D-ZERO to D2 Boa. Overall it seems that D-ZERO sounds a bit better than D2 Boa.

Quote:
I think they are only talking about the amp section. but I can't be sure. They are referring D-ZERO as the D2 Boa successor.

can you link that impression to this thread, clieos?

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #23 of 240
Aug 23, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #26 of 240
LOL, I just noticed that this thread is in the wrong section
tongue.gif
  Was trying to find it at the "portable amp" section but couldn't find it.  Would be helpful if a mod transferred this thread to the proper section so we can get more comments especially to the people who already ordered/owned it.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #27 of 240
I had started one in the portable amps forum, but then noticed this one so asked mods to delete it.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 26, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #28 of 240
I have had many of the iBasso products and have never been let down by their performance. Currently own the PB1, DB1, and D4. So ... I broke down and just ordered the D-Zero, $131 w/ expedited shipping/handling. Should be fun trying this new toy. Cheers.

Aug 26, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #30 of 240

Quote:
I have had many of the iBasso products and have never been let down by their performance. Currently own the PB1, DB1, and D4. So ... I broke down and just ordered the D-Zero, $131 w/ expedited shipping/handling. Should be fun trying this new toy. Cheers.

popcorn.gif
 With 30 hours of battery the D-zero is seriously going to give the FiiO E7 a run for its money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back