ibasso D-Zero or Fiio E7?
Sep 7, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 11
There isn't much reviews of the D-zero out there, if any. Although on the page for the D-zero ibasso said, quote : "The AMP section isnt like other entry level product that use cheap all-in-one headphone amplification IC, such as the TPA6130A." The TPA6130A is what FiiO put in their E7 so IMO ibasso is aiming to beat the E7 in terms of quality with their D-zero. The E7 has a longer lasting battery compared to the D-zero, in fact at 80 hours, I don't think theres any other portable amp that last as long as the E7. The battery life on the D-zero isn't horrible though, 30 hours is still pretty long 

Good luck 
atsmile.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #3 of 11
The parts Nazis here will look at the silicon in the D-Zero and declare it an easy winner - I'm tempted to buy one just for the hell of it, but I have enough amps and my next audio dollar will go to the ZO. After that, I'm spending all my money on CDs and beer, not necessarily in that order.

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
The parts Nazis here will look at the silicon in the D-Zero and declare it an easy winner - I'm tempted to buy one just for the hell of it, but I have enough amps and my next audio dollar will go to the ZO. After that, I'm spending all my money on CDs and beer, not necessarily in that order.

I don't know. The opamp used in D-ZERO isn't really that much better (on spec) or know to be great, but spec is no everything. I have ordered one a few day ago and hopefully it will arrive early next week. Guess I'll find out just how good it is soon enough. ZO v2 however is something I too am looking forward to.

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 11
Looking forward to your review on E7 vs D-zero

Quote:
I don't know. The opamp used in D-ZERO isn't really that much better (on spec) or know to be great, but spec is no everything. I have ordered one a few day ago and hopefully it will arrive early next week. Guess I'll find out just how good it is soon enough. ZO v2 however is something I too am looking forward to.

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 11
I'm in the same boat as you, I'm waiting to see what people say about the D-Zero.

A couple people have mentioned it and I'm curious, what's a "ZO" everybody is talking about?

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 11
ZO:

http://www.facebook.com/digizoid

The V1:

http://the-gadgeteer.com/2010/07/30/digizoid-zo-personal-subwoofer-review/

Current buzz is around the V2, but I dont think anyone outside of DigiZoid has heard one yet. Cheaper than both amps mentioned here if MizMoxie's initial estimates are anything to go by.

Sep 16, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Looking forward to your review on E7 vs D-zero

Here is my first impression of D-zero, which I posted on the other D-zero thread in the source forum.

Quote:
Just received my D-zero a few hours ago and I have done some initial listening. So far, the amp section is decent. Better than E7 but close to / slightly better than E6. As I have predicted before, it doesn't sound quite as good as T3D. Compared to E6, D-zero has better bass hit and soundstage (though a little hollowed out / 2D / lacks layer), but upper mid / lower treble is noticeably grainier / edgier. It is not the best amp to pair with bright headphone. I haven't had the time to fully test the DAC section yet, but I think so far I can tell it is where the real value is at. Compared to E7's line-out and Headstage USB DAC cable (both use the PCM270x + WM8740 solution), D-zero is pulling ahead on detail, resolution and separation, but not vastly. Does it beats E7 on most area in SQ? Yes. Does it crash E7 totally? Not quite. It costs almost $40 (including the $16 shipping) more than E7 (around $85 shipped) so I think better performance should be expected.

Also, I believe the housing is anodized aluminum, not plastic.

Full review will come at a later time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back