iBasso CF01 (Cable Free), BT MMCX adapter for any MMCX IEM.
Dec 5, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #151 of 209
I an ready to give up on pairing. Now, the left unit wont pair at all. I have gone through the instruction’s pairing steps multiple times. R pairs fine. L to R = zero. Tried every reset, etc. Inspected the connectors with magnifying loop. Should work—doesn’t.
You need to make sure that the CF01 is no longer shown on the device you are pairing with. Reset both the right and left, put them in the charging case and then pair the right one first.

Dec 5, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #152 of 209
I have a quick question here, I am interested in the CF01 mostly for exercising. I sweat a lot, and for this I understand the CF01 has that covered. But how about the IT01, which I plan to pair the CF01 with? Will the IT01 have any problem with sweat?

I am quite concern here, as I have already damaged a pair of Sony WF1000 XM3, which, of course, is not sweat proof.

Thanks in advance!

I normally use my Cambridge Audio Melomania 1s when exercising but a few days ago, my 3 year old decided to hide them and I wasn't able to track them down for a day or so. I urgently felt the need for a Zwift session and thus grabbed my CF01/IT04 combo. They seemed to perform well during the hour on the bike. Now however, the right side doesn't charge when placed in it's case and they switch off by themselves even when connected to a source during playback - battery was around the 40% mark when this last happened.

I've never had any problems with the Melomania 1.

Dec 5, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #153 of 209
I normally use my Cambridge Audio Melomania 1s when exercising but a few days ago, my 3 year old decided to hide them and I wasn't able to track them down for a day or so. I urgently felt the need for a Zwift session and thus grabbed my CF01/IT04 combo. They seemed to perform well during the hour on the bike. Now however, the right side doesn't charge when placed in it's case and they switch off by themselves even when connected to a source during playback - battery was around the 40% mark when this last happened.

I've never had any problems with the Melomania 1.
I had a charging issue and cleaned the contacts for the charging with a little alcohol and a tooth brush and also the USB C connection on the charging case. All is good again.

Dec 6, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #155 of 209
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it but it made no difference

I also just had a charging issue with the left unit and cleaning the contacts with alcohol didn't help either. After looking for the invoice unsuccessfully, I threw the CF01 in the bin. I wanted to like this product through guilt of spending more than I wanted and I persisted to the very end (after only a few months).

Given the QC was just as bad as the TRN bt20s pro, I really can't think of any reason this product is better, let alone more than double the price. The few advantages are a lower noise floor, wireless charging, and better looks.

Advantages of bt20s pro - smaller volume increments, bass/treble extension, case that stays shut, secure fit/longer cord, button placement, tws+. Bt20s pro isn't perfect either with a loud noise floor, volume not low enough, 'un-pocketable' charging case and poor QC (mine with breaking mmcx connectors in the first day).

In retrospect, for the effort and shortcomings of BT adapters, I would suggest getting a standard tws set with a tuning you like and use them only when convenience is more important than getting the highest hi fi sound.

My opinion is probably sour grapes but it is still my experience. YMMV of course!

Dec 6, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #156 of 209
There is little I own that hasn't had something that was either software that needed updating, hardware etc. , from expensive Swiss watches, to just today, an iPhone that I had to fix for my wife (and Apple has billions of dollars). The CF01 I have used a lot and even gotten them wet. Did have a pairing issue and went through was I described above and all is good. Also deleting the CF01 from the phone etc., and then going through the steps has worked. Anyway, mine have gotten a good workout and provide very good sound.

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #157 of 209
Got these earlier today from Bloom Audio. As usual the service was fast, shipped out the next morning after I ordered them, only downside is the candy this time was York Peppermint patties, which is one of the few chocolate candies I don't like :beyersmile:.

Anyways pairing was painless with a Pixel 5 and these have been sounding great with my Meze Rai Pentas, which weren't getting much use since I am just digging life without wires with the Senn MTW2, even though the Pentas are on another level sonically. I'll be using these when walking my dog this week and see if they have any issues.

I have a question, did your iBasso CF01 come with a manual inside the box?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #158 of 209
My only compliant about CF-01 is how bad the output impedance is and how much it screws up the frequency response of my IEM, making it mostly unusable for me. Of course the most surprising part is reading online review that takes it as part of the 'tuning'
i-Q79xcZd-O.gif
....and iBasso's decision to stay quiet about it is just as much a failure.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #159 of 209
My only compliant about CF-01 is how bad the output impedance is and how much it screws up the frequency response of my IEM, making it mostly unusable for me. Of course the most surprising part is reading online review that takes it as part of the 'tuning'
i-Q79xcZd-O.gif
....and iBasso's decision to stay quiet about it is just as much a failure.
If say that’s your IEM and not the amp.
What phones are you using.

Jan 20, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #160 of 209
If say that’s your IEM and not the amp.
What phones are you using.

Do you even know what you are talking about? It doesn't seem like you do.

BTW, CF-01 output impedance is 20 ohm (measured 3 times, across high, mid and low volume on CF-01, then reconfirmed by another owner's measurement) - do you know how high output impedance affect an IEM's crossover circuit in a very negative way? Read this if you don't.

p/s: I posted about the detail months ago here (and the following pages)... iBasso never did follow up with any answer.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #161 of 209
Do you even know what you are talking about? It doesn't seem like you do.

BTW, CF-01 output impedance is 20 ohm (measured 3 times, across high, mid and low volume on CF-01, then reconfirmed by another owner's measurement) - do you know how high output impedance affect an IEM's crossover circuit in a very negative way? Read this if you don't.

p/s: I posted about the detail months ago here (and the following pages)... iBasso never did follow up with any answer.
I don’t “know” that. But I do “know” I have these paired with the IT00 and it is solid GOLD to my ears.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jan 20, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #162 of 209
I don’t “know” that. But I do “know” I have these paired with the IT00 and it is solid GOLD to my ears.

Good for you then.

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #164 of 209
Jan 20, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #165 of 209
You are lucky that the IEM you like happens to be a single dynamic driver.

My 5 driver Meze Rai Pentas sound quite nice with these. Their impedance is in fact 20 ohms. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back