iBasso CF01 (Cable Free), BT MMCX adapter for any MMCX IEM.
Jul 30, 2020 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 209
This is not an off the shelf solution but one designed to get the most out of your music using BT.

n the past, we considered developing a multi-driver True Wireless (TWS) Stereo IEM. But after careful analysis, we moved to a different solution and gave up this idea for the following reasons. To be a quality TWS system, you have to have good drivers and the ability to drive them properly. To have all of this in a small shell with current technology, it is just about impossible. And to incorporate all of this into a small shell, even if you could, the playtime and battery life would be short. Also, when the battery life has ended, replacing the battery could be expensive. To this end, we developed the CableFree 01 (CF01), as a better solution than trying to include everything in a small shell. With its detachable design and better drive ability, the CF01 is a good TWS solution for all iBasso IEMs as well as CIEMs.

For the CF01, we use the Qualcomm QCC3020 TWS chipset, which provides the most up to date TWS features. To this we added a headphone amplifier, knowing this would consume more battery but also providing for a higher quality listening experience. When compared to other TWS products, our dedicated headphone amplifier allows for higher current output with higher overall output power. This means the CF01 is able to control and drive IEMs more efficiently with excellent bass and dynamics. In order to maintain playtime, we added a larger battery for each side of the CF01 and supplied a battery equipped charging case. With the power output and the easily recharged CF01 using the travel case, all of your beloved IEMs can serve you well. You can now use BT with confidence and achieve what you had hoped for when going wireless with excellent sound from most any IEM, be it, ours, another manufactures universal or CIEM. Enjoy the Music!

USB C Quick Charge or Wireless charging for the CF01 case. The CF01 last 4.5 hours per charge and can be charged 4 times with the case built-in battery. The IEMs can also be left attached and stored in the case. Range is extremely good, depending upon your source but 30 to 40 feet is not uncommon. Also resistant to moisture and good for light rain or exercising. There is an indicator light on the case that shows you when the CF01 are charging.

The CF01 are built for endurance and for sound.

MSRP 149 USD. The price will vary due to import fees etc.

1.png

ŠņĮŠ 01.00_01_04_15.Still013.jpg
ŠņĮŠ 01.00_00_49_02.Still010.jpg

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 30, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 209
MMCX only?
Yes, but I have used them with little MMCX to two pin adapter and it is comfortable and I don't notice a difference from straight MMCX or with the adapter. Sound is also not affected.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 31, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #7 of 209
Which codecs does this support? In particular, does it support aptX LL?

Aug 2, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #10 of 209
Sooo, i literally received yesterday my FiiO UTWS 1 to use with my Ibasso IT04, and now you launch this? fu.... luck i have... :triportsad:

FiiO has two different models for their FiiO UTWS 1, 2pins and mmcx. The FiiO UTWS 1 is driving the Ibasso IT04 fine at 1/3 of the cost, the UTWS 1 is driving the Mangrid Tea perfectly as well(without EST driver). The iBasso CF01 has added amp is good for IEMs required more power to drive such as IEMs with Electrostatic Drivers. Most of the Chi-Fi IEMs with Electrostatic Drivers are 2pins. It would be nice that there is a 2pins TWS adapter(s) with added amp so it would cover IEMs with or without Electrostatic Drivers.

Tea with FiiO TWS.jpg

Aug 2, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #11 of 209
I have a CF01 here. I wasn't sure what to expect, having heard some BT that pretty good and some that is so-so but the CF01 really does it. Using my iPhone 11 and Amazon music, the sound quality really threw me. Excellent is all I can say. I am still surprised at what I hear and feel no need to use a cable, and I did not expect to feel that way. And the op amp on regular IEMs, provides excellent headroom. It isn't just for hard to drive IEMs but in general, there is a more robust, open and dynamic sound. Fun stuff! And it is easy to take phone calls as the mic built into them works very well.

I have used a MMCX to 2 pin adapter for my JH Audio 13 pros Freq Phase and the results are very good. I don't feel a need for a 2 pin CF.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #14 of 209
I have tested the CF01 today.
First thing: I think the built and form factor is the best out of all similar devices, including the Fostex. iBasso nailed it here imo.
The angle and softness of the cable, the size and shape of the modules is much better with the iBasso, it fits really well. And also looks great - the silver color of the BT modules gives a nice contrast to the IEMs and separates itself - so it looks less bulky imo.
Just the case felt and looked a bit cheap imo, it was practical though.
As for sound: Seemed to be dead quiet - no hiss present as in some comparable devices. Sound was flat and neutral to my ears.
Compared to my Btr5 I must say I still prefer the latter a bit to be honest. It sounds a bit more dynamic with slightly stronger bass and more extended highs than iBasso. But maybe others might prefer the (less colored?) signature of the CF01.

All in all a great device! I hope these types of devices get developed further and also get even a little smaller!

Btw. is there an app planned for the device that includes EQ, ambient mode etc?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back