IBasso Audio IT03
Dec 18, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #3,005 of 3,344
I'm actually starting to get a little angry at these things because I'm at a point where I just won't stop listening to albums. It can't be good for my ears to have plugs in all day.

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #3,008 of 3,344
Honest Q: It isn't a problem to have IEMs in for extended periods? Like, don't your ears need to "breathe"?
If you mean by breath, to air out, do dry, sure it doesn't hurt but also the "wax" as it is called in the ears, is an antibacterial. I think that just like everything else, good hygiene will alleviate most any problem. I think that playing music at too high a volume would be more of a concern. I have seen fungal growths in the ear canal, it is normally black, but that is when other infections have caused a problem.

Dec 19, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #3,009 of 3,344
Honestly I can't wait for the IT03 to be back from RMA! It's like the best thing I can ever ask for this Christmas. And Im glad Paul is like Santa for helping out with this RMA!

Anyway I tried IT01 last week and felt it's a lovely IEM to have. I'm pretty sure the cable and IEM pairing was meticulously picked because this evening little gems so picky when i tried to pair with cables! :frowning2:

Dec 20, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #3,010 of 3,344
Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #3,011 of 3,344
Futzing around with tips again. Trying out the wide-bore blacks that have like zero "nozzle" to them at all. Not sure what I think yet. You'd imagine the lack of extra funneling would make the sound clearer but it's almost like the opposite.

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #3,012 of 3,344
Futzing around with tips again. Trying out the wide-bore blacks that have like zero "nozzle" to them at all. Not sure what I think yet. You'd imagine the lack of extra funneling would make the sound clearer but it's almost like the opposite.

I do the same from time to time too.

At the moment I've settled on Comply TSX-500 tips. They pair very well with the sound signature of the IT03 IMO. A bit more Bass at the expense of some loss in the upper frequencies. I find because of the deeper insertion of the IT03 and the slightly larger size of the Comply tips the small size work best, very comfortable for long listening sessions.

Audio bliss. :)

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #3,014 of 3,344
friends finally encourage me to ask after reading so much, I wanted to make a last query respond well to the equalization

Are you asking if the IT03 responds well to equalization? I am not a fan of using EQ on my DAPs, but I can say that the IT03 sound is quite sensitive with tips selection. Frequencies might change depending on the fit or on the size of the bores of your tips. Better be aware of these things before fiddling on the EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back