IBasso Audio IT03
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #2,986 of 3,344
I have read that imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 12, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #2,990 of 3,344
having owend the se535 for years, ill choose the IT03 over them everytime.

Seconded. I had the SE535 only briefly, I admit, but considering I honestly think I enjoy the IT03 over the SE846 they leave my memories of the SE535 in the dust.

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #2,992 of 3,344
go if I was reading and have excellent low as they say the last question is if they are comfortable and durable from now thanks for your cooperation

FANTASTIC lows, and I think they're really comfortable but some have had issues with the fit. They seem durable enough, no more or less than any plastic-shelled IEM.

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #2,994 of 3,344
perfect I'm going for them I was thinking about the 846 but it's a lot of money I think I'll be happy with the 03

I had the 846 for a year or so. I can't compare them directly but I can tell you that, in my mindset right now, if you put both boxes in front of me and said I could have one, I'd take the IT03.

Dec 14, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #2,996 of 3,344
I had the 846 for a year or so. I can't compare them directly but I can tell you that, in my mindset right now, if you put both boxes in front of me and said I could have one, I'd take the IT03.

Agreed, I have both, the IT03 definitely brings out more details from the music to me. I think the SE846 is a lot more durable though. Be prepared to replace the IT03 more often, but its cheaper so it may still offer better value overall.

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #2,997 of 3,344
Agreed, I have both, the IT03 definitely brings out more details from the music to me. I think the SE846 is a lot more durable though. Be prepared to replace the IT03 more often, but its cheaper so it may still offer better value overall.

I was in absolute love with the se846 for a while. Its bass truly is magical. However, after a while I really missed the higher end of the spectrum and it seemed like even with modified blues it just didn't sound right. Ended up selling. Even if I do need to replace the IT03, I can get 4 pairs of them for about the price of one set of se846 so I'll call it a wash!

Dec 15, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #2,998 of 3,344
Cable suggestions, anyone? I know it's not really an audio difference but I really dislike the cheap memory wire on the stock on my other one is having connection issues. Something with a good look, memory wire that's stiff, and durable would be awesome. Mic a bonus.

Was thinking this guy? http://amzn.com/B075M5KPF7

Dec 15, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #2,999 of 3,344
Cable suggestions, anyone? I know it's not really an audio difference but I really dislike the cheap memory wire on the stock on my other one is having connection issues. Something with a good look, memory wire that's stiff, and durable would be awesome. Mic a bonus.

Was thinking this guy? http://amzn.com/B075M5KPF7

If you can stretch your budget a bit more, go buy the IT01. You'll get a nice cable which you can use for the IT03. Plus, the IT01 is having rave reviews and impressions on its thread.

For cables only, I'm using this SPC cable but has no memory wire.

Or check this one out with memory wire.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #3,000 of 3,344
If you can stretch your budget a bit more, go buy the IT01. You'll get a nice cable which you can use for the IT03. Plus, the IT01 is having rave reviews and impressions on its thread.

For cables only, I'm using this SPC cable but has no memory wire.

Or check this one out with memory wire.

Were those supposed to be links? Cuz clicking on them didn't do anything. The IT01 does look interesting, but if I'm grabbing another iBasso IEM I'm waiting for the 4... :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back