IBasso Audio IT03
Jan 10, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #3,031 of 3,344
How many of us here still use the stock cable ?. Tbh I've used a few after market cables in SE and found the stock cable to be just as good. Now ,balanced is a different story though. I really wish ibasso had the it01 cable available to buy separately. Reckon it'd be terrific with the it03 .
^
+1 I do prefer stock tips and stock cable.

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #3,032 of 3,344
The IT01 cable is also SE.

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #3,033 of 3,344
The IT04 are final. Production will start soon.

@Paul - iBasso:

I've been holding off other IEM purchases, waiting for the IT04. I love the IT03, and it had sounded like the IT04 would be a great compliment to it.

However, it has been 6 months since the above post, and we haven't heard anything further. Have plans changed?

I get that companies change plans/strategies. I'm just wondering if I should stop waiting for these and look to other options?

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #3,034 of 3,344
@Paul - iBasso:

I've been holding off other IEM purchases, waiting for the IT04. I love the IT03, and it had sounded like the IT04 would be a great compliment to it.

However, it has been 6 months since the above post, and we haven't heard anything further. Have plans changed?

I get that companies change plans/strategies. I'm just wondering if I should stop waiting for these and look to other options?
Thank you for asking. They will be out very soon. But it will be in limited quantity at any one time due to the fact that they are hand finished and tested with a number of quality checks.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #3,035 of 3,344
For a very high quality balanced cable we have the CB12 and CB13 that can be used with any IEM using the MMCX connection.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #3,036 of 3,344
Thank you for asking. They will be out very soon. But it will be in limited quantity at any one time due to the fact that they are hand finished and tested with a number of quality checks.

Will you please post which retailers receive some of the 'limited quantity' when that happens?

Thanks

Jan 13, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #3,038 of 3,344
I just want to give my 2c regarding the it03. The Campfire Vega is my go to iem 99% of the time out of all my iems. when I bought the it03, heard it for 5 mins and throw it back to the box, maybe twice or so. never bother with it. suck. can't beat my beloved Vega.

A year pass, the it03 still sitting almost untouched. recently I sent the Vega back for maintenance so I give it another chance. After a full day listen at work (I'm a CPA. My eyes on numbers but my mind on music) and I don't know what it is; the fit came together like almost custom to my ears. the sound is very very nice that open with deep bass, comparable to my Vega but slightly less visceral.

if anyone still on the fence for ibasso iems, search the one with closest to your sound signature and get it. they are punching above their price. before my setup is chord mojo. Now is sony wm1z with custom cables and all that good stuffs.

I haven't come back to this thread since and I would like to shout out to Audio123, if I remember correctly. He's the one that blow up this thread and say how amazing the it03 was. I bought it because of him and think he's crazy after heard it.
funny how things came around in circle.

Jan 13, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #3,040 of 3,344
I used his review as a basis for me picking them up. And the bass can REALLY change depending on tips. I switched to the wide bore black mediums and I like the balance a lot.

Jan 13, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #3,041 of 3,344
Yes, IT03 is still among my top hybrid recommendations. Btw, if anybody is interested, I just reviewed IT01, review is HERE, with a detailed comparison to IT03.

ibasso_it01-29.jpg

Jan 15, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #3,043 of 3,344
"The stage width and depth gives a more open feel. In addition, the cable is very flexible for a 8 core braided design and in terms of visual appeal, it is beautiful."

Not so beautiful when/if the copper conductors turns green as mine have at the earphone end. It doesn't effect the sound though so I'm still happy with mine.

Jan 15, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #3,044 of 3,344
"The stage width and depth gives a more open feel. In addition, the cable is very flexible for a 8 core braided design and in terms of visual appeal, it is beautiful."

Not so beautiful when/if the copper conductors turns green as mine have at the earphone end. It doesn't effect the sound though so I'm still happy with mine.

can you post a picture, please?

Jan 15, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #3,045 of 3,344

The hazard of copper, unfortunately. After all, the Statue of Liberty was a nice bright copper when it was made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back