IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 10, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #736 of 3,344
Were there many Westerners involved in the fit test, Paul? Chatting with some headfi buddies in Asia, I've found that we find different IEM shells fit us quite differently. This is across multiple people.

There were people from Europe, the US and China with a few other countries. Both men and women were tested. Different sized of ears and shapes and we had no fit problems. The shape we use was derived from the study of the ear and many fittings.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 10, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #737 of 3,344
There were people from Europe, the US and China with a few other countries. Both men and women were tested. Different sized of ears and shapes and we had no fit problems. The shape we use was derived from the study of the ear and many fittings.

Thanks for the input, Paul. As I mentioned, they fit me perfectly!

I asked because another company I've dealt with only tested people in Asia, and the result was an iem that was a challenging fit for several people I've chatted with in the West. Glad iBasso was more expensive in their testing.

Continuing the burn in process by listening to IT03 now...

Oct 10, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #739 of 3,344
Well, I had to track 'm down myself this morning, but here they are:

...and so many goodies in the box....

Only tried them for about 30 minutes so far (out of a Cowon P1), but the sound already seems very nice, with a good soundstage and typical DD lows which I like. I noticed they need more driving power (probably about the same as my other hybrid: 1plus2) than most of my other iems.

Oh, and the fit is perfect for my ears (being a normal Western guy I guess)

They are definitely smaller / lighter than my 3 customs and like mentioned before, the fit/seal comes pretty close to that of a custom one. Lots of tip rolling and burn-in hours ahead now
rolleyes.gif

One more thing: only after 1 hr listening (straight out of the box) I think these perform absolutely above their pricetag
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #741 of 3,344
  @Kerouac Congrats on the arrival! The fit looks perfects on you. Looking forward to some impressions soon, especially against the 1plus2. I am very close to pulling the trigger!

Thanks! I will surely compare them against the Tralucent 1plus2 (both 1DD + 2BA) later on. First impression is that 1plus2 sounds a bit more holographic (3D), but this IT03 DD (and cable) still needs a lot (150) of burn-in hrs of course 
rolleyes.gif

I picked up my used 1plus2 on HF (classifieds) and don't know how much it costed originally, but I'm pretty sure it was above $1K new.
For $259 (new) I can already tell you that this is an amazing deal imo!

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #742 of 3,344
  Well, I had to track 'm down myself this morning, but here they are:

...and so many goodies in the box....

Only tried them for about 30 minutes so far (out of a Cowon P1), but the sound already seems very nice, with a good soundstage and typical DD lows which I like. I noticed they need more driving power (probably about the same as my other hybrid: 1plus2) than most of my other iems.

Oh, and the fit is perfect for my ears (being a normal Western guy I guess)

They are definitely smaller / lighter than my 3 customs and like mentioned before, the fit/seal comes pretty close to that of a custom one. Lots of tip rolling and burn-in hours ahead now
rolleyes.gif

One more thing: only after 1 hr listening (straight out of the box) I think these perform absolutely above their pricetag
ksc75smile.gif

It is maybe to early, but can you tell some differeces/basic comparison between RDB MkIV and IT03. One day I like to have some hybrid IEM agin and IT03 seems like good candidte.

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #743 of 3,344
  It is maybe to early, but can you tell some differeces/basic comparison between RDB MkIV and IT03. One day I like to have some hybrid IEM agin and IT03 seems like good candidte.

Yeah, it's absolutely too early and I have to go from memory here, as some respected HF member bought the RDB from me some months ago
wink.gif

RDB probably had a bit deeper and tighter (sub)bass (this can also be due to burn-in though), but (as I wrote in my review) lacked some sparkle in the highs. I think the IT03 delivers that sparkle already straight out of the box (haven't noticed sibilance so far) => that's a pré. Soundstage on IT03 might also even be a bit wider (which I like).
Hope this helps (for now)...

Oh, and regarding the price/quality ratio, I think this post tells a lot about that: http://www.head-fi.org/t/807881/ibasso-audio-it03/660#post_12917753
beerchug.gif

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #746 of 3,344
  Anyone run this out of an LPG?   How's the synergy?

My review (http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-it03/reviews/17016) sound impression is based on pair up with LPG, and you can also read in there how it pairs up with a number of other DAPs and compares to other hybrids.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #748 of 3,344

Users who are viewing this thread

Back