IBasso Audio IT03
Nov 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,261 of 3,344
I don't agree that IT03 + i5 sounds very warm/dark.  It's probably because of the subbass making this illusion of being dark specially from a new pair of IT03 (not yet fully burned in).  Mine's probably between 150-200 hours since I already lost count after 100 hours.

My only complain with this DAP is that the UI isn't as fluid and organized as it should be.  I mean, I was expecting a bit more fast and easy to navigate UI.  SQ-wise, I have no complaints.  I love the bass quality, though it's warm sounding really, but not overly warm.  It kind of gives more energy to the IT03 when paired.  Doesn't smooth out the treble like other colored DAPs.

If the Opus#1 proves to be better overall, I might have to let go of this wonderful DAP since I only use streaming from my phone and it's not that often that I do so.  I hope it pairs well with IT03.  Headfonics has a review of this IEM paired with both Opus#1 and i5.  You might want to check it out if you haven't seen it.  Here's the link: http://headfonics.com/2016/10/the-it03-by-ibasso/

Well I guess pre burn in performance is not too important as thats over after some time.
I guess I don't mind the UI Bering a bit laggy and such. I'm used to that from my budget smartphone :D
I did already read the review but I always rather read the opinions of more than one person.
I think I will just get the IT03 i5 combination. The website I plan on ordering the i5 from provides 30 days refund which I could use if I don't like the pairing or if you would say that the opus performs way better once you received it.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #1,263 of 3,344
I have been using the IT03 balanced. They open up even more and the natural layered and dynamic sound is very enjoyable. I am now using them over my well done JH13Pro FP and they are very good. There is a little more transparency on the JH but there is a musicality to the 03 that just makes extended listening enjoyable and I don't get bored with the sound as they bring a certain life to it. 

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #1,264 of 3,344
I have been using the IT03 balanced. They open up even more and the natural layered and dynamic sound is very enjoyable. I am now using them over my well done JH13Pro FP and they are very good. There is a little more transparency on the JH but there is a musicality to the 03 that just makes extended listening enjoyable and I don't get bored with the sound as they bring a certain life to it. 

Just curious, does running them balanced alter your perception of the mids at all? If so, how?

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #1,266 of 3,344
Just curious, does running them balanced alter your perception of the mids at all? If so, how?

The mids are a little fuller. I like the 03 balanced and single ended. You get a little more texture of the sound balanced but again, like the mids, I  honestly like both SE and balanced. Oh, and the soundstage is a little larger and deeper but not by a lot and it depends of course on the music. 

How does this IEM pair with the Fiio x5i and x5ii?

Sent from Nokia 3210

Yes, they sound fine out of them. Clean and musical, IMO. 

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #1,267 of 3,344
The mids are a little fuller. I like the 03 balanced and single ended. You get a little more texture of the sound balanced but again, like the mids, I  honestly like both SE and balanced. Oh, and the soundstage is a little larger and deeper but not by a lot and it depends of course on the music. 

Thanks for that. I've got a balanced ALO Litz cable I should try out...

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #1,269 of 3,344
I got a cheap mmcx cable from aliexpress and cannot tell the audio difference between this and the stock cable.
I got my doubt about the claim that the stock cable is of very high quality. 

Here is the cable I tried:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Selling-1-2M-5N-OFC-OCC-single-crystal-copper-Earphone-Cables-HiFi-Earphone-Wire-For/32704431278.html

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #1,271 of 3,344
  I got a cheap mmcx cable from aliexpress and cannot tell the audio difference between this and the stock cable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Selling-1-2M-5N-OFC-OCC-single-crystal-copper-Earphone-Cables-HiFi-Earphone-Wire-For/32704431278.html

What is your source, DAP? smartphone?  But regardless of that, many people don't hear a difference between $10 and $500 cables.  Doesn't mean it's not there.  We all have different ear sensitivity, different perception of sound, and use different sources to drive headphones where an upgrade cable might not make a big difference when listening from lo-res source.  I tell you this, my wife doesn't hear significant difference between my $25 and $2500 iems, and I think all of her makeup stuff looks the same to me
wink.gif

I usually tell people, of you can't hear the difference, consider yourself lucky since you can reach audio nirvana on a budget
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #1,272 of 3,344

What is your source, DAP? smartphone?  But regardless of that, many people don't hear a difference between $10 and $500 cables.  Doesn't mean it's not there.  We all have different ear sensitivity, different perception of sound, and use different sources to drive headphones where an upgrade cable might not make a big difference when listening from lo-res source.  I tell you this, my wife doesn't hear significant difference between my $25 and $2500 iems, and I think all of her makeup stuff looks the same to me
wink.gif

I usually tell people, of you can't hear the difference, consider yourself lucky since you can reach audio nirvana on a budget
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
so true mate.

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #1,273 of 3,344

They may be selling a high quality cable at a very low price. Ours is a high quality cable that we tested against a number of other cables with some that cost 100s of dollars.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 29, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #1,274 of 3,344

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

I am using a PC soundcard. Creative ZXR to be precise, rated at 124SNR at the headphone output, with burr brown DAC chip. And I can clearly hear a difference between this cable and a silver coated cable I have. The silver coated copper has enhanced treble and lower bass.

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #1,275 of 3,344
  I am using a PC soundcard. Creative ZXR to be precise, rated at 124SNR at the headphone output, with burr brown DAC chip. And I can clearly hear a difference between this cable and a silver coated cable I have. The silver coated copper has enhanced treble and lower bass.

Very typical of SCC cable indeed.
I don't really believe cables are differentiated by price, it's more a question of material and strand diameter.
I like the synergy between SCC cables and the IT03.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back