IBasso Audio IT03
Dec 3, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #1,291 of 3,344

The IT03 sounds very clean on this setup. Soundstage is huge compared to the i5 pairing. I think the Opus#1's sig is neutral and there's only a hint of warmth because of the IT03. Treble is smooth and sparkle is slightly lessened compare to the pairing with i5. This is just OOTB testing, not sure if the sound of this pairing will change after some time.

Oh, nice. I just ordered Opus #1 DAP and #11 DAC/AMP to test out and review.

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #1,292 of 3,344
Oh, nice. I just ordered Opus #1 DAP and #11 DAC/AMP to test out and review.

Looking forward to seeing your impressions since you have the same DAPs as well.
ph34r.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #1,294 of 3,344
Looking forward to seeing your impressions since you have the same DAPs as well. :ph34r:

I'll give it a proper review once I've had some time with it!

I also think you'll appreciate the beloved FLC8s on this player as well, just sublime Man!

Nice. I do like FLC8S with Shanling M3, which is just on the warm side of neutral and feels quite spacious.

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #1,296 of 3,344
These are in stock on Amazon already. Thinking of getting these with a Linum Bax Balanced cable.

You are right, on Amazon already ($249 w/free shipping): http://amzn.to/2fXHzrH and looks like from iBasso distributor.  Funny, I have been checking the availability, haven't seen it until now, even so the listing says available since November 14th.

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #1,300 of 3,344

You're gonna join us, eh
wink.gif

Heck yeah! Cant wait to try it balanced with the Onkyo. Just have to convince my Wife I need yet another pair of headphones.

Which cable are you planning to use to run it balanced?  I still haven't had a chance to test the original iBasso balanced cable, but it looks really sweet.

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #1,303 of 3,344
So I've been having intermittent cutting out on the left side for a while with my pair as well... but it's never caused the IEM to not work overall. It's so touchy that it even happens when I just turn or lean my head. I swapped cable to an ALO SXC25 spc, and it's gone, so I would say it's the stock one probably where the soldered joint attaches at the mini-connector. Anyway, no big deal as I prefer the sound better with the ALO cable, but I'd like to have a stock one which works properly (or even maybe an upgraded one). Debating if I go through Penon Audio, or through Paul / iBasso.... 

I've experienced this sound cuts as well but not the stock. It's my current Effect Audio Thor copper.
A slight movement on the memory wire cuts the sound a bit or major it cuts further. Only got to know that a Westone MMCX can fix the issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back