IBasso Audio IT03
Dec 3, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #1,307 of 3,344
Well... I thought I was done buying iems for the year, but I guess not. Been reading reviews of these for a while, and was deciding between these and the noble X's and the trinity PM6's... but had already ordered both of the others... Guess I am getting all 3 now... Maybe it would have been better to just save up and buy one significantly more expensive pair. Nah, I like having options.

Tried searching through the thread a bit and it seems these respond quite a bit to amping, but didn't get too much about how they perform out of phones. Hopefully they are still good as I often use just my phone. Though I do have a fiio e17k, anyone paired with that and have any impressions?

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #1,308 of 3,344
Sharing some photos of iT03 with OPUS #1 stacked with Cain N5.

Apologies if the angle of the pictures ain't right.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

So this player requires addttional amping to drive IT03? 

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #1,310 of 3,344
  So I've been having intermittent cutting out on the left side for a while with my pair as well... but it's never caused the IEM to not work overall. It's so touchy that it even happens when I just turn or lean my head. I swapped cable to an ALO SXC25 spc, and it's gone, so I would say it's the stock one probably where the soldered joint attaches at the mini-connector. Anyway, no big deal as I prefer the sound better with the ALO cable, but I'd like to have a stock one which works properly (or even maybe an upgraded one). Debating if I go through Penon Audio, or through Paul / iBasso.... 

Please email me at paul@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 4, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,312 of 3,344
Well... I thought I was done buying iems for the year, but I guess not. Been reading reviews of these for a while, and was deciding between these and the noble X's and the trinity PM6's... but had already ordered both of the others... Guess I am getting all 3 now... Maybe it would have been better to just save up and buy one significantly more expensive pair. Nah, I like having options.

Tried searching through the thread a bit and it seems these respond quite a bit to amping, but didn't get too much about how they perform out of phones. Hopefully they are still good as I often use just my phone. Though I do have a fiio e17k, anyone paired with that and have any impressions?

They can run just fine out of my LG G5 - the detail level is still good and the sound is very enjoyable, it just responds better to my higher quality sources.

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #1,313 of 3,344
They can run just fine out of my LG G5 - the detail level is still good and the sound is very enjoyable, it just responds better to my higher quality sources.

Good to know! Sounds like these will be a very nice addition to my growing collection, and hopefully the e17k will be enough of an improvement for when I actually feel like carrying it around with me. Now if only I could justify getting something even nicer as well... been eyeing the chord mojo, but its a bit out of my price range.

Either way, I will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of these.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #1,315 of 3,344
Anybody using the IT03 with the Fiio X7?

Do they pair well?

Sent from Nokia 3210

I had a friend bring over an X7 a while back. They sound good with it. The balanced amp sounds best to me.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #1,316 of 3,344
Dec 4, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #1,317 of 3,344
this IEMS really look like hell of deal. anyone compared them to

VSOINIC GR07X or
 Etymotic ER-4XR /Etymotic  ER-4SR?

how the stock tips? is comply tips will be good match?

the GR07X is really got my attention too. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #1,319 of 3,344
Got both at the moment - the Dorado is more of a traditional V (with a boost in the vocal region, so could technocally be a W). Dorado also has a bigger sub and mid bass presence in comparison. Can't do any more detailed A/B as just sending my IT03 over too another member as a temporary trade for his Noble Savants but a and when I get them back, will try and write something more concrete up here.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #1,320 of 3,344
Got both at the moment - the Dorado is more of a traditional V (with a boost in the vocal region, so could technocally be a W). Dorado also has a bigger sub and mid bass presence in comparison. Can't do any more detailed A/B as just sending my IT03 over too another member as a temporary trade for his Noble Savants but a and when I get them back, will try and write something more concrete up here.

That would be helpful for those of us here who might consider upgrading from the IT03.  Thanks a lot mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back