IBasso Audio IT03
Nov 26, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #1,246 of 3,344
I tried the IT03 with the balanced cable bought at Penon with the AK240 (http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable).

With the standard cable I didn't like the IT 03 - AK240 combination, it sounded to flat. But with this balanced cable it comes to live! The sound, has now totally opened and shines.    

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #1,247 of 3,344
Nov 26, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #1,249 of 3,344

I tried the IT03 with the balanced cable bought at Penon with the AK240 (http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable).

With the standard cable I didn't like the IT 03 - AK240 combination, it sounded to flat. But with this balanced cable it comes to live! The sound, has now totally opened and shines.    

So it needs power to shine.

Well, imo the IT03 already sounds pretty sweet single ended out of the daps that I have. But yeah, probably even a bit better (more holographic) with the Arrow 5P (which I know you also have) connected
ksc75smile.gif

Haven't heard it balanced though
rolleyes.gif

Absolutely love Vikings. Did I mention my wife is of Swedish heritage?

wink_face.gif

What? She's not from Vulcan?
blink.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #1,258 of 3,344
  Thanks!
Has anyone here tested them with the cayin i5, opus#1 and pioneer xdp-100r
and could give a short comparison between the three synergy wise for the it03?

I'm a bit occupied right now but I tell you, after the IT03 settles down, pairing with i5 is just astonishing. The subbass is awesomely good while the treble goes more tamed and gives good sparkle.  I was craving for the Andromeda treble before, but now that my IT03 has improved (for my ears), I currently have no plans to upgrade. Just satisfied with my IT03 + i5 pairing. I will have the Opus#1 in a few days and will compare which pairing will serve me best.

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #1,259 of 3,344

I'm a bit occupied right now but I tell you, after the IT03 settles down, pairing with i5 is just astonishing. The subbass is awesomely good while the treble goes more tamed and gives good sparkle.  I was craving for the Andromeda treble before, but now that my IT03 has improved (for my ears), I currently have no plans to upgrade. Just satisfied with my IT03 + i5 pairing. I will have the Opus#1 in a few days and will compare which pairing will serve me best.

That sounds great!
My main contra for the i5 was that someone in the thread had mentioned that its a very warm/dark combination.
But then again I thought maybe his IT03's were just not burned in long enough.
I do crave the possiblility of streaming although the sq is of course the most important criterium.
Secondly the battery of the i5 seems to be more potent and it can be changed.
I would love to hear your opinion on the Opus pairing once you receive it!
EDIT: Also how long did yours burn in?

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,260 of 3,344

That sounds great!
My main contra for the i5 was that someone in the thread had mentioned that its a very warm/dark combination.
But then again I thought maybe his IT03's were just not burned in long enough.
I do crave the possiblility of streaming although the sq is of course the most important criterium.
Secondly the battery of the i5 seems to be more potent and it can be changed.
I would love to hear your opinion on the Opus pairing once you receive it!
EDIT: Also how long did yours burn in?

I don't agree that IT03 + i5 sounds very warm/dark.  It's probably because of the subbass making this illusion of being dark specially from a new pair of IT03 (not yet fully burned in).  Mine's probably between 150-200 hours since I already lost count after 100 hours.

My only complain with this DAP is that the UI isn't as fluid and organized as it should be.  I mean, I was expecting a bit more fast and easy to navigate UI.  SQ-wise, I have no complaints.  I love the bass quality, though it's warm sounding really, but not overly warm.  It kind of gives more energy to the IT03 when paired.  Doesn't smooth out the treble like other colored DAPs.

If the Opus#1 proves to be better overall, I might have to let go of this wonderful DAP since I only use streaming from my phone and it's not that often that I do so.  I hope it pairs well with IT03.  Headfonics has a review of this IEM paired with both Opus#1 and i5.  You might want to check it out if you haven't seen it.  Here's the link: http://headfonics.com/2016/10/the-it03-by-ibasso/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back