IBasso Audio IT03
Jun 2, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #3,243 of 3,344
Using the IT03 with the cable from the IT01 on a LG V30. Would the CB12S be the next move? Any other recommendation / different brand? Don't need balanced. Thanks.

The CB12S is a fantastic cable and I use it with my IT03 all the time. It comes with the SE adapter but I've only used it balanced. For the money, I'm not sure you could do any better or even come close. But you are paying for a balanced cable as well.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #3,244 of 3,344
Hi all,

Probably been said already but IT 03 & CB 13 are a good pair up though I have to agree with most CB 12 is a nice match up as well.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #3,245 of 3,344
Hi all,

Probably been said already but IT 03 & CB 13 are a good pair up though I have to agree with most CB 12 is a nice match up as well.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Completely agree. I don't have the CB13 but I do have the CB12 and CB12s and I'm very pleased with both of them. I have the former on the IT01 and the latter on the IT03. Now I just need to get my hands on the IT04. :)

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #3,247 of 3,344
I've purchased these meshes. 4.3mm fit IT03 just fine! To my ears, they are more transparent than original meshes, and, having smaller holes, prevent from sweat better.

I've started to look for a replacement when I was about to loose one, changing tips. Then I tried to listen without meshes, and I liked it. Now I have a lot of spare, easy to install (with glue pre-applied) meshes.

Note, that meshes also prevent the acoustic filters to fall off, so better not to use IT03 without meshes.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #3,248 of 3,344
I've purchased these meshes. 4.3mm fit IT03 just fine! To my ears, they are more transparent than original meshes, and, having smaller holes, prevent from sweat better.

I've started to look for a replacement when I was about to loose one, changing tips. Then I tried to listen without meshes, and I liked it. Now I have a lot of spare, easy to install (with glue pre-applied) meshes.

Note, that meshes also prevent the acoustic filters to fall off, so better not to use IT03 without meshes.

That's cool, they actually sell aftermarket meshes. Btw, the mesh cover between IT03 and IT04 are slightly different, but I assume should still fit.

Btw^2, full IT04 review with a detailed comparison to IT03 is published here.

ibasso_it04-x13.jpg

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #3,249 of 3,344
I've recently acquired Acoustune AET06 biflanges tips and boy.... The IT03 flies!

The most prominent difference is that the sound feels more full-bodied! Sub-bass response has increased but bass decay has became slower.

But most importantly, there are more mids details and the space is the same! Boy I'm so in loved with these tips now!

The setup I'm on is DPX1 + Acoustune balanced cable

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #3,252 of 3,344
I just got my IT03. I purchased after my Sennheiser ie80 that I had for years broke.

I find the IE80 sounded more natural and had a nicer soundstage. The it03 however has a more 3D soundstage with better instrument placement, more detail, deeper bass but more distant sounding and with less punch. The it03 sounds a little unnatural but I read reviews claiming it to be ‘musical’ not sure how much I agree with that when comparing to the beautiful ie80 sound.

I’m still liking the it03 however.

I’m interested in whether you guys listen to the it03 while burning it in. Are you burning in your ear/training it to the signature of the earphone?

Or do you leave it playing music in a drawer for 100 hours?

Jul 13, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #3,253 of 3,344
... it03 however has a more 3D soundstage with better instrument placement, more detail, deeper bass but more distant sounding and with less punch. The it03 sounds a little unnatural but I read reviews claiming it to be ‘musical’ not sure how much I agree with that when comparing to the beautiful ie80 sound...
I don’t know the ie80 very well, but...after listening to the it04, I’d agree with most of what you said about the it03. Great bass, lots of detail, open soundstage with well-defined placement. But also V-shaped, which can make vocals/mids seem recessed, and give a reduced sense of impact.

I’ll have to hear the ie80 before I can comment on the comparative ‘musicality’.
Or do you leave it playing music in a drawer for 100 hours?
I leave them in a drawer.

Jul 21, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #3,254 of 3,344
I enjoy my it03's, although they have developed a channel imbalance, shifting the soundstage and center image to the left. It seems that the midrange is the main issue, as treble and bass/sub-bass are centered, and only mids and soundstage is skewed to the left. Unfortunately, this is around the same time the wax filters fell off and i was sent a replacement and applied them myself, so I most likely would not be able to get these fixed under warranty because I reattached the filters myself. I am almost certain that this was happening before the filters fell off, although it was not as prominent as it is now.

I've already checked the possibility of my CB 12 cable being the issue, as well as my hearing, but I can confidently say that those are not the issue. If anyone else has had this issue, was there anything that you were able to do to correct this issue without sending them in?

I wouldn't be that upset if I could correct it by changing the balance in my fiio x5 II, but when I do, it shifts the bass and treble left as well because the midrange and soundstage/center image seem to only be affected.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #3,255 of 3,344
I enjoy my it03's, although they have developed a channel imbalance, shifting the soundstage towards the left. It seems that the midrange is the main issue, as treble and bass/sub-bass are centered, and only mids and soundstage is skewed to the left. Unfortunately, this is around the same time the wax filters fell off and i was sent a replacement and applied them myself, so I most likely would not be able to get these fixed under warranty because I reattached the filters myself. I am almost certain that this was happening before the filters fell off, although it was not as prominent as it is now.

I've already checked the possibility of my CB 12 cable being the issue, as well as my hearing, but I can confidently say that those are not the issue. If anyone else has had this issue, was there anything that you were able to do to correct this issue without sending them in?

I wouldn't be that upset if I could correct it by changing the balance in my fiio x5 II, but when I do, it shifts the bass and treble left as well because the midrange and soundstage seem to only be affected.

Did you drop the right-side IEM onto a hard surface, table or whatever? I believe the balanced armature's are susceptible to damage from this type of shock.

If so I don't believe there is much that can be done without replacing the drivers, except perhaps dropping the other side to even things out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back