IBasso Audio IT03
Jun 8, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #2,581 of 3,344
You know, JetEffect and AKM filters are your friends, since you mentioned P2 :wink:

Have no idea how IT04 sounds, yet, but so far I have been very happy how DX200 w/AMP2 pairs up with neutral/reference IEMs.

Yes but ... I haven't found a JetEffect/Filter setting which makes the P2/IT03 combination seem more referency.
More musical :heavy_check_mark:
More fun :heavy_check_mark:
Bassier :heavy_check_mark:

(just having a bit of fun with all the new emoticon choices)

Jun 9, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #2,582 of 3,344
Thank you guys.
I have been comparing it03 against iSine 10, 20 for a few months and finally bought it03 this evening (a few hours ago). I also compare it to AKG N40 this evening, but it is more difficult to drive from my Sony Xperia Z5.
hey dont mind if I ask how the it03 compares to the the other 3 iems you mentioned.Ive been an owner of the it03 for a while, love it by the way, but have always been curious about the akg n40 and the isine lineup

Jun 11, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #2,583 of 3,344
hey dont mind if I ask how the it03 compares to the the other 3 iems you mentioned.Ive been an owner of the it03 for a while, love it by the way, but have always been curious about the akg n40 and the isine lineup

I will try my best to explain. First I am looking for iem that can drive by my Sony Xperia Z5 because it does not have much power comparing to other smartphones.

it03 is similar to iSine 10 in term of sound stage, but iSine 10, has smoother sound for both mid and high and has no sibilant which is character of planar, but it03 bass does goes deeper and more impact. It is more fun to listen to. iSine 10 sounded more polite than it03. iSine 20 as many people say that it is better than iSine 10 en all departments, I tend to agree especially mid is very rich and sweet which is great for vocal and jazz (in my opinion). I do like it too, but sometimes it's feel like the singer is singing too close to me where as iSine 10 and it03 the singer sing a little far out which I think they give better sound stage. Actually I like all of them, but it30 and iSine 10 give more neutral sound than iSine 20. iSine 20 give more intimate sound than the other two. I might get iSine 20 later on.

I've also tried Campfire Vega, Andromeda they are all good the Andromeda give too good image and separation which to me it seems unreal. I prefer Vega more than Andromeda. They both also easy to drive. Since I will be using iem with my Xperia Z5 therefore it is no use to pay for such high price for them. Vega bass does not go as low as it03.

For Akg N40 it's sound similar to Orivetti with more body and better bass however, it did not try long because my smart phone does not have enough power to drive it.

In conclusion, I like all of them but N40 because it is too difficult for my phone to drive. What makes me decide to get it03 is that I do mostly listen to pop, 60's-90's songs some dance, Jazz so it03 can handle them pretty well and finally when I tried all these iems with Mission Impossible Rogue Nation soundtrack then it03 is the winner. It gives good sound stage, good instrument separation, and good low bass vibration from tympany which none of the rest can give.

Above is my personal opinion and as I mentioned that they are all good iem and I even think that I might get the iSine 20 later on this year. Due to the more neutral sound and fun sound (quick) it03 is of overall iem for me.

Hope this is somewhat help answer your question exeth.

As I am typing this I listen to my it03 from my notebook through Geek Out iem100

Jun 11, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #2,584 of 3,344
I will try my best to explain. First I am looking for iem that can drive by my Sony Xperia Z5 because it does not have much power comparing to other smartphones.

it03 is similar to iSine 10 in term of sound stage, but iSine 10, has smoother sound for both mid and high and has no sibilant which is character of planar, but it03 bass does goes deeper and more impact. It is more fun to listen to. iSine 10 sounded more polite than it03. iSine 20 as many people say that it is better than iSine 10 en all departments, I tend to agree especially mid is very rich and sweet which is great for vocal and jazz (in my opinion). I do like it too, but sometimes it's feel like the singer is singing too close to me where as iSine 10 and it03 the singer sing a little far out which I think they give better sound stage. Actually I like all of them, but it30 and iSine 10 give more neutral sound than iSine 20. iSine 20 give more intimate sound than the other two. I might get iSine 20 later on.

I've also tried Campfire Vega, Andromeda they are all good the Andromeda give too good image and separation which to me it seems unreal. I prefer Vega more than Andromeda. They both also easy to drive. Since I will be using iem with my Xperia Z5 therefore it is no use to pay for such high price for them. Vega bass does not go as low as it03.

For Akg N40 it's sound similar to Orivetti with more body and better bass however, it did not try long because my smart phone does not have enough power to drive it.

In conclusion, I like all of them but N40 because it is too difficult for my phone to drive. What makes me decide to get it03 is that I do mostly listen to pop, 60's-90's songs some dance, Jazz so it03 can handle them pretty well and finally when I tried all these iems with Mission Impossible Rogue Nation soundtrack then it03 is the winner. It gives good sound stage, good instrument separation, and good low bass vibration from tympany which none of the rest can give.

Above is my personal opinion and as I mentioned that they are all good iem and I even think that I might get the iSine 20 later on this year. Due to the more neutral sound and fun sound (quick) it03 is of overall iem for me.

Hope this is somewhat help answer your question exeth.

As I am typing this I listen to my it03 from my notebook through Geek Out iem100
Are you sure that it03 deepr bass than vega?

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #2,585 of 3,344
Are you sure that it03 deepr bass than vega?

I own both the vega and the it03 and I do not agree that it03 bass goes deeper than the vega. I think the vega has more well rounded bass, including more emphasized mid-bass (compared to the it03) so that the focus of the bass on the vega isnt just sub-bass. Where as the focus of the bass with the it03 is mainly sub-bass, making sub-bass feel more emphasized in comparison to its own sound signature. The vega to me feels much fuller and more well rounded while the it03 is a leaner sound with emphasized sub bass.

Jun 17, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #2,587 of 3,344
It03 vs ie80 paired with s7edge. Can anyone comment.

Been reading it03 needs a good match (I know a phone isn't ideal)

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #2,588 of 3,344

Sold my IE80 to a friend after getting the IT03. Everything's just definitely better for my tastes on the latter. If I remember accurately and correctly, bass on the IE80 isn't that clean as the IT03. IT03 has deeper rumble, a bit soft midbass. IE80 lesser subbass, also soft and not much punchy midbass. Vocals on both aren't much pronounced. I prefer a tiny bit more upfront than how it is in the IT03 but not the "in your face" kind. Treble has more sparkle on the IT03 and the IE80 has smoother treble, (I think it's weak). Soundstage, I'll say pretty close, I give the edge to the IE80 here. I might be wrong since it's been a while since I had my IE80 so please try to listen to both of them when you get the chance. And of course, our preferences may differ so take my impressions with a grain of salt.

Jun 18, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #2,589 of 3,344

The IE 80's bass is noticeably softer and less well controlled. The iBasso's soundstage is not as large as the Sennheiser's but more precise. The IT03 has got the brighter upper mids. In terms of resolution and separation, the IT03 is superior.

Jun 18, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #2,590 of 3,344
Sold my IE80 to a friend after getting the IT03. Everything's just definitely better for my tastes on the latter. If I remember accurately and correctly, bass on the IE80 isn't that clean as the IT03. IT03 has deeper rumble, a bit soft midbass. IE80 lesser subbass, also soft and not much punchy midbass. Vocals on both aren't much pronounced. I prefer a tiny bit more upfront than how it is in the IT03 but not the "in your face" kind. Treble has more sparkle on the IT03 and the IE80 has smoother treble, (I think it's weak). Soundstage, I'll say pretty close, I give the edge to the IE80 here. I might be wrong since it's been a while since I had my IE80 so please try to listen to both of them when you get the chance. And of course, our preferences may differ so take my impressions with a grain of salt.

The IE 80's bass is noticeably softer and less well controlled. The iBasso's soundstage is not as large as the Sennheiser's but more precise. The IT03 has got the brighter upper mids. In terms of resolution and separation, the IT03 is superior.

Thanks for the replies guys. Theres a place where i can audition both. Which I'm doing tomorrow. It03 seems like the better choice but now i can hear them which will be good to make the decision.

I'll be looking to get a dap down the track which will probably depends on what iem i choose.

Are there any mid range daps that have be known to have good synergy with the it03?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #2,591 of 3,344
I'll be looking to get a dap down the track which will probably depends on what iem i choose.
Are there any mid range daps that have be known to have good synergy with the it03?

Imo IT03 sounded pretty good out of the (same company) DX80 :ksc75smile:

However, if you end up with a dap with 2,5mm balanced out (like FiiO X5iii, Opus #1 or DX200), you could also consider the CB12/CB13 balanced upgrade cables for the IT03.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #2,592 of 3,344
Thanks for the replies guys. Theres a place where i can audition both. Which I'm doing tomorrow. It03 seems like the better choice but now i can hear them which will be good to make the decision.

I've tried it03 with A&K Kann and I like it because Kann has more body (mid). I think it is very good for music lover (pop, rock, jazz, dance), not audiophile. it is actually depends on what kind of music you listen too.

It03 with DX200 is also nice. I've also tried with Opus #1, Opus # 3, I would not say it is good or bad, but It03 sounds changes according to sources.

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #2,593 of 3,344
The ak kann is above my budget at the moment. I was looking at the fiio x7, ak70 or onkyo dp x1a. A dap with a good balanced out.

If i missed any other daps in this price range please let me know.

From what i'm reading the IT03 sounds great with a warm DAP. I haven't tried any of the above daps are any of them considered warm?

P.s i purchased the it03 over the ie80.

Thanks for all the replies.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #2,594 of 3,344
The ak kann is above my budget at the moment. I was looking at the fiio x7, ak70 or onkyo dp x1a. A dap with a good balanced out.

If i missed any other daps in this price range please let me know.

From what i'm reading the IT03 sounds great with a warm DAP. I haven't tried any of the above daps are any of them considered warm?

P.s i purchased the it03 over the ie80.

Thanks for all the replies.

aune m1s has balanced output too. it's better than my shanling m2s and hidizs ap100. you should check it too.

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #2,595 of 3,344
I've just got a DX200 and Shure SE846 I've just got a DX200 and Shure SE846 IEM's. Do you think it's worth getting some IT03's as well for a change of sound? I also have a FiiO X5iii and iFi Audio iDSD Black and they both work well with the SE846, so it won't go to waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back