IBasso Audio IT03
Apr 5, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #2,326 of 3,344
  So how are the quad compared to the triple for things like cable noise and comfort. I have the triple and like the sound but would like more bass and more detail. But I also would love a bit less cable noise and don't want the comfort to be compromised.

I am actually debating between the Quad and the iBasso IT03. I like that the Quad will by default work with my phone or an iDevice fully as well as any standard stereo device. I actually don't mind that it has a fixed cable. Speaking of fixed cables I have been burned to many times by MMCX connectors so actually am worried about this "feature" breaking and am not looking forward to having to buy a special android cable to use with my phone. But I also miss the big bass and 3D immersion of my Sonyy XBA-Z5 which died a month or so ago.

So given my love of the Z5 which would better sonically for me?

I own both and i believe them to be like cousins sonically. z5 more relaxed and smooth, it03 more engaging and detailed. very similar sound eq, just different traits.  Havent heard the quad.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #2,327 of 3,344
Thanks for the information. I am leaning more towards the 1More Quad driver at the moment as my concern about the MMCX connectors just is to strong right now.

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #2,329 of 3,344
Comparing the IT03 to my custom IEM. I actually prefer the IT03 to the 1200 CIEM's I have. They flesh out the sound better and get me closer to the sound. Quite surprising actually. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #2,331 of 3,344
Apr 6, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #2,335 of 3,344
  they are pretty equal in terms of amount, maybe a difference of 1 or two decibels when volume matchedd, but IT03's subbass is better.

Aside from my Zeus, IT03 has the best, most detailed and refined bass (especially subbass) I have heard. I really think everyone who uses IEMs should buy the IT03, it's going to go down in history as a classic.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #2,336 of 3,344
Aside from my Zeus, IT03 has the best, most detailed and refined bass (especially subbass) I have heard. I really think everyone who uses IEMs should buy the IT03, it's going to go down in history as a classic.

really? have you even heard the flc8s, Dunu dn2000, dn2000j? just saying. these three offer a lot more texture, control and exert impact as needed be.
yes, they are excellent mid fi hybrids.

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #2,339 of 3,344
Yes, I think we will. We should have it back in stock in 1 or 2 weeks. Also we have the AMP2 coming up very, very soon. This is a single ended amp with a high current output. Very good sounding but then we will let the AMP2 do the talking. :smile:

Hi Paul.

About the AMP2 card.
What kind of usage is assumed?

I(We) need 2.5mm balanced out and "directly balanced in AMP" like 2.5mm 4pole jack or something.

i hope PB4 or later, directly balanced in.

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #2,340 of 3,344
@KK-android

As I understand it, Amp2 will be single-ended only, however with a higher current output (well, that's what Paul just said and there is no reason to mistrust him, is there?).

I guess the people at iBasso are working on other modules too, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back