IBasso Audio IT03
Apr 7, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #2,341 of 3,344
Quick comprasion Shockwave 3 (undetachable version)and İt03

İ tried burned in Sw3 and i am very suprised with sound character.
I will compare with my Ibasso it03.
Sw3 has brighter trebles which i hate from this iem.
@jonparker
You said sw3 warmer,richer than it03 but that is not true.
İt03 is warmer sound character at every sound freq.May be same at bass as character.
How do u say 'sw3 is warmer'.That is completelty wrong.Sw3 isnt warmer.
Bass:I tested on fiio x3 and all i can say is it03 has more subbass and rumble than sw3.
Soundstage:Sw3 has Bigger Soundstage
Detail:Sw3 has more detail with bright treble.
Mid:İ think it03 has more natural mids than sw3.I like it03 more.

Sum:I could listened 10 minutes because of bright sound character(treble,mid)

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #2,342 of 3,344

@jonparker
İt03 is warmer sound character at every sound freq.May be same at bass as character.
Bass:I tested on fiio x3 and all i can say is it03 has more subbass and rumble than sw3.

Thanks for the comparison. There have been very different reviews on this Iem, likely due to production differences between units and low qc. I went with it03 for this reason. Try the dn2000 or dn1000 or flc8s if you want a sidegrade to it03. Upgrading to a similarly tuned iem might be very expensive. If you want a warmer but less articulate sound than the it03 (and more bass) try any of the JVC wooden driver series Iems.

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #2,343 of 3,344
Hi Paul.

About the AMP2 card.
What kind of usage is assumed?

I(We) need 2.5mm balanced out and "directly balanced in AMP" like 2.5mm 4pole jack or something.

i hope PB4 or later, directly balanced in.

The AMP2 is a high current single ended card. We will have other cards as well.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 7, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #2,344 of 3,344
Thanks for the comparison. There have been very different reviews on this Iem, likely due to production differences between units and low qc. I went with it03 for this reason. Try the dn2000 or dn1000 or flc8s if you want a sidegrade to it03. Upgrading to a similarly tuned iem might be very expensive. If you want a warmer but less articulate sound than the it03 (and more bass) try any of the JVC wooden driver series Iems.

Thanks i am very glad with it03.I just tried it and i didnt like it.I used Jvc Fx1100
Fx1100:Warmer,smoother treble
Less subbass and more midbass and bass impact than it03.
İt03 has better layering,resolution,detailing,bass control and speed.

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #2,345 of 3,344
@KK-android

As I understand it, Amp2 will be single-ended only, however with a higher current output (well, that's what Paul just said and there is no reason to mistrust him, is there?).

I guess the people at iBasso are working on other modules too, though.

Hi HiFiChris. :)

ya! The second card, It's a challenge to single-ended.
sure, I will buy it.

I expect it for the future amplifier card.

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #2,346 of 3,344
Apr 8, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #2,347 of 3,344

@jonparker

Totally agree. I borrowed fully burned-in SW3 from a headfi buddy and really disliked them because they were too hot up top. Like the treble was exaggerated to give them extra detail. Not good, bro.

Apr 10, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #2,348 of 3,344
If anyone has official box standard sennheiser single flange silicone tips give them a try. The most immersive I've heard the IT03. Not the best isolation but the representation of the recorded space is amazing! I'm using size medium.

Apr 10, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,349 of 3,344
If anyone has official box standard sennheiser single flange silicone tips give them a try. The most immersive I've heard the IT03. Not the best isolation but the representation of the recorded space is amazing! I'm using size medium.

Yeah they're the first tips I tried when I got the IT03 and they are so far my favorite but they slip off the nozzles too easily.

Apr 10, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #2,350 of 3,344
I'm just curious if anyone here has compared these to the Audeze Isine 10/20's?

Currently trying to get some IEMs to listen to Jazz to and these were recommended multiple times. But I loved the profile of my LCD 3. So it's Ibasso vs Isine's at this point.

Not really a place for me to listen to either without ordering.

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #2,351 of 3,344
I just got back from Canjam.

I had the itch of trying every iem to upgrade for something better. I was almost sure that the Lola's would be the ones......

Well, here are my impressions after 2 days of acute Canjanitis.

1- The   It03 reigns supreme. Forget about "the best at this price range", these overachievers , to my ears out of an iPhone 7 and zero eq.  listening to jazz, vocal jazz, contemporary jazz, and hard rock sounded  better than ANY JH, ANY Noble, ANY 64 ears and ANY Campfire........
2- None of these holy cows got even close to the bass of the It03. I am talking about quality, tightness, detail.
3- None of the them had the amazing sparkle in the high end of the It03.
4- The it03s were only beaten by the Kaisers in soundstage width but not by much.
5- My itch is in remission.
6- Long Live It03s.

I had the pleasure of trying 2 humble iems that I enjoyed as well. The One More Quads, which are very good.... $200 , wow. Good bass, not as deep as the It03, nice treble, not with the airy sparkle of the it03, very good soundstage, comfy, excellent packaging and accessories. The only drawback is the non removable cable and their efficiency. I had to turn the volume more than I am used too.

And last but not least, Modular Ears. These newcomers from Taiwan had a wonderful prototype of a 4 armature + 1 dynamic armature that I loved !!  Wide soundstage, very good bass and the best treble I have heard of any iem. On top of that, they are modular for different audio signatures. It seems that the price will be around $300. You will be able to find them on Facebook.

The Isine 20s were great, however, they are not designed to be used in loud environments......  I really liked them. However, If I am home, I am with my beloved TH900s...

The Aeons were TERRIFIC if you were looking for a allrounder. Very comfy, good noise isolation, very efficient at just 14 ohm, and awesome sound. Punchy tight bass, astonishing mids and great detail.

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #2,352 of 3,344
@Paul - iBasso, wondering if the CB12 will be be available in stock anytime soon and any indicative date?

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #2,353 of 3,344
Deleted

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #2,354 of 3,344
I just got back from Canjam.

I had the itch of trying every iem to upgrade for something better. I was almost sure that the Lola's would be the ones......

Well, here are my impressions after 2 days of acute Canjanitis.

1- The   It03 reigns supreme. Forget about "the best at this price range", these overachievers , to my ears out of an iPhone 7 and zero eq.  listening to jazz, vocal jazz, contemporary jazz, and hard rock sounded  better than ANY JH, ANY Noble, ANY 64 ears and ANY Campfire........
2- None of these holy cows got even close to the bass of the It03. I am talking about quality, tightness, detail.
3- None of the them had the amazing sparkle in the high end of the It03.
4- The it03s were only beaten by the Kaisers in soundstage width but not by much.
5- My itch is in remission.
6- Long Live It03s.

I had the pleasure of trying 2 humble iems that I enjoyed as well. The One More Quads, which are very good.... $200 , wow. Good bass, not as deep as the It03, nice treble, not with the airy sparkle of the it03, very good soundstage, comfy, excellent packaging and accessories. The only drawback is the non removable cable and their efficiency. I had to turn the volume more than I am used too.

And last but not least, Modular Ears. These newcomers from Taiwan had a wonderful prototype of a 4 armature + 1 dynamic armature that I loved !!  Wide soundstage, very good bass and the best treble I have heard of any iem. On top of that, they are modular for different audio signatures. It seems that the price will be around $300. You will be able to find them on Facebook.

The Isine 20s were great, however, they are not designed to be used in loud environments......  I really liked them. However, If I am home, I am with my beloved TH900s...

The Aeons were TERRIFIC if you were looking for a allrounder. Very comfy, good noise isolation, very efficient at just 14 ohm, and awesome sound. Punchy tight bass, astonishing mids and great detail.

Wow, I wanted to try noble n campfire so bad. Is ibasso it03 really that good? Don't get me wrong, i got mine, but i havent really exposed my ears to all other high end IEM because, well, i'm poor and there isn't much demo available in Malaysia especially noble n campfire. I wonder how do they really sounded. Perhaps like some headfier said those iem needs proper amp to be fair to them. But then I'm proud if my it03 is on par with them out of the box without amp. Currently use fiio A5 to make the soundstage bigger. I guess i might just wait for it04 instead of buying campfire/noble. But then again, as i said, I dont have much experience. Maybe they suit me if i have a chance to try them. Currently eyeing for xba-z5 for my collection. Thankx for the sharing though.

Anybody else has a big opportunity to try a lot of iem at Can Jam?

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #2,355 of 3,344
Wow, I wanted to try noble n campfire so bad. Is ibasso it03 really that good? Don't get me wrong, i got mine, but i havent really exposed my ears to all other high end IEM because, well, i'm poor and there isn't much demo available in Malaysia especially noble n campfire. I wonder how do they really sounded. Perhaps like some headfier said those iem needs proper amp to be fair to them. But then I'm proud if my it03 is on par with them out of the box without amp. Currently use fiio A5 to make the soundstage bigger. I guess i might just wait for it04 instead of buying campfire/noble. But then again, as i said, I dont have much experience. Maybe they suit me if i have a chance to try them. Currently eyeing for xba-z5 for my collection. Thankx for the sharing though.

Anybody else has a big opportunity to try a lot of iem at Can Jam?

People always make bold claims in threads like these which makes the hype machine go crazy. The IT03 are very good, yes, but they do not really compete at the same level as totl iems. When it comes down to personal preference, its totally possible to prefer the it03 over some totl stuff, but to claim its better... well take those claims with a grain of salt. And for reference, I own the it03, and can compare it to the campfire vega, which I also own. The vega is better in every way. It is not 5 or 6 times better as the price would indicate but it is better. Though again, some might prefer the sound signature of the it03 over the vega, but that does not necessarily mean it is technically better.

But if the it03 matches your sound signature preferences, it is extremely good for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back