IBasso Audio IT03
Apr 12, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #2,371 of 3,344
Attention of STEVE Oliver

Hi, STEVE
I've been enjoying my IT03s and decided to take your advice and buy the Dragonfly Red and pair it with my HTC 10, unfortunately I can't find the correct OTG cable, bought 2 but neither fit, could you advise me the name of the correct cable that I should be using. Thanks again Al :)

Apr 12, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #2,372 of 3,344
Auvio tips definitely work and they definitely fit for those wanting a wide bore silicone tip. Didn't fix the imbalance in the channels/my stupid ears though. Soundstage is marginally larger, bass is a bit bigger/has more quantity but loses a tad of texture/accuracy. Highs are maybe a smidge sharper (in a good way). After I send these off to Paul just to confirm there isn't a channel imbalance I will probably go custom with the it03.

Edit: as an aside, I'm much more a basshead than anything else ("audiophile basshead," whatever that means), but I love the highs so much on the it03. They are smooth and present and detailed and dang they are fun. Just a side note.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #2,373 of 3,344
Does anyone here have super wide, but shallow ear canals? The only tips that fit me are the biggest light gray ones. I have these jumbo JVC tips (pre-Spiral Dots) that fit, but their bore is too wide, and they fall off of the IT03. 

I've tried the following to no avail:
  1. L JVC Spiral Dots
  2. L Spinfits
  3. L Sony hybrids
  4. L Auvio

Does anyone have a recommendation for me that's a tad larger than the largest stock tips? I wish I knew the dimensions of them, so I would know exactly the size in mm I'm looking for. 

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #2,374 of 3,344
Does anyone here have super wide, but shallow ear canals? The only tips that fit me are the biggest light gray ones. I have these jumbo JVC tips (pre-Spiral Dots) that fit, but their bore is too wide, and they fall off of the IT03. 

• L JVC Spiral Dots
  • L Spinfits
  • L Sony hybrids
  • L Auvio

Does anyone have a recommendation for me that's a tad larger than the largest stock tips? I wish I knew the dimensions of them, so I would know exactly the size in mm I'm looking for. 

Sorry, auvios and spiraldots are the widest I know of :/ If you're into foams those may work. KZ apparently has some that folks here generally like.

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #2,375 of 3,344
I am using fidue a73's slicon tip for a week.I used sony hybrid before.
Hybrid was falling from nozzle but fidue tip not.
I am very glad with fidue tips.
And i felt bassier on fidue tips as sony hybrid.

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #2,376 of 3,344
Attention of STEVE Oliver

Hi, STEVE
I've been enjoying my IT03s and decided to take your advice and buy the Dragonfly Red and pair it with my HTC 10, unfortunately I can't find the correct OTG cable, bought 2 but neither fit, could you advise me the name of the correct cable that I should be using. Thanks again Al :)

Hi Al,

This is the one I'm using, it works OK, the cable is a little bit stiff but its quite well made.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GTcoupe-Braided-Support-Charging-Adapter/dp/B017HGMAF2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1492018484&sr=8-6&keywords=usb+c+otg

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #2,377 of 3,344
Thanks Steve

Just ordered it! Couldn't find the info in the thread :)

Really looking forward to hearing the difference when using the Dragonfly as I think I am now used to the IEMs, I have heard instruments and sounds that I never new existed on quite a few tracks, and it has made me think a few times about how good the original tracks were but I hadn't fully appreciated them, so I'm still enjoying going down this particular Rabbit Hole :)

Thanks again Al

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #2,378 of 3,344
  I am using fidue a73's slicon tip for a week.I used sony hybrid before.
Hybrid was falling from nozzle but fidue tip not.
I am very glad with fidue tips.
And i felt bassier on fidue tips as sony hybrid.

I need very large ear tips, unfortunately. According to my rough measurements, the largest tips in the package are 15mm in diameter, and 11mm tall. I would need something a bit larger in both dimensions. 

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #2,379 of 3,344
One thing that i dont see mentioned much is the extreme comfort of these iems!

Most iems feel uncomfortable after a while with sore spots or itchiness and you have to pull them out, but ever since i swapped the cable out for one without memory wire every time i put them in it feels like settling into the nice coool side of a pillow, even though they are hard acrylic. They fit perfectly and snug and never create the sensation of "pressure" even though they are a relatively deep insertion. Plus, when they are in your ears they sit completely flush with the side of your face meaning you can sleep in these without issue. The only downside is that they are pretty tip dependant I tip rolled a lot before i came back to the stock tips and the smallest short nozzle tip with wide bore was the best tip for me. (for me tiny tips work best for deep insertion, large tips work better for shallow insertion)

switching the memory wire-having cable out for one without just makes putting the iems on a breeze, and instead of having to fidget with the spinning ear hook and molding it every single time, the cable instead just drapes gently and perfectly to the shape of the top of your ear. I am actually considering removing the memory wire of the stock cable myself since i love the machining of that plug so much. 

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #2,380 of 3,344
  One thing that i dont see mentioned much is the extreme comfort of these iems!

Pretty sure it was mentioned quite a bit as its one of the most distinctive things about these iems. And unfortunately, you have people like me for which these are SUPER uncomfortable. At first they seem to fit really well, but then I get pressure points that show up fairly quickly. Then the discomfort pretty quickly turns into pain. So either they fit great, or they are horrible.

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #2,381 of 3,344
Same for me, great fit at first and then they start to get uncomfortable. I have put some spin fits on and that has helped. Trouble is, they sound so good I can put up with a bit of discomfort. Hopefully the 04s will be a better fit !!

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #2,382 of 3,344
Pretty sure it was mentioned quite a bit as its one of the most distinctive things about these iems. And unfortunately, you have people like me for which these are SUPER uncomfortable. At first they seem to fit really well, but then I get pressure points that show up fairly quickly. Then the discomfort pretty quickly turns into pain. So either they fit great, or they are horrible.

It seems to work great for some and not for others, sadly. I have custom IEM's and for me, these are as comfortable and I can use them for hours and don't notice them but I can understand if they don't fit right. I know that one person didn't have the fit in the concha and they moved the shell around and found the right fit and were happy. So many variables. I don't even listen to my CIEM's any longer as I prefer these. Looking forward the the IT04 as well.

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #2,383 of 3,344

• L JVC Spiral Dots
  • L Spinfits
  • L Sony hybrids
  • L Auvio

A bi-flange tip sometimes has a rather large 2nd tip on it, so you might try that.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #2,384 of 3,344
Hi.
I get the it03 today and i like it!
My next step is buy the Effect audio Erros II+ (My friend selling that cable for a really good price ! ), is a good match?

Someone test eros II+ + Ibasso it03?
My dap is dx200.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #2,385 of 3,344

Same for me, great fit at first and then they start to get uncomfortable. I have put some spin fits on and that has helped. Trouble is, they sound so good I can put up with a bit of discomfort. Hopefully the 04s will be a better fit !!

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back