IBasso Audio IT03
Sep 25, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #211 of 3,344
Sep 25, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #216 of 3,344
The litz geometry of a cable will heavily affect the sound.

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #219 of 3,344
I'm wondering if this can possibly just about equal the sound of the A91 Sirius but with better isolation and a lower hit on funds... because I really dig the A91's SQ. Sure hope so.

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #224 of 3,344
OK, two short comments, well, short by my standards :)

Cables.  I just went through a number of my replacement cables, don't have as many mmcx as I do 2pin, but nevertheless.  I tried pure copper (8-braid PlusSound X8) and spc litz (SuperBax and Ken's ALO cable from Andromeda), and gotta tell you the sound change is VERY subtle.  I LOVE replacement cables, but in this case unless you want to go through your stock of other cables, I wouldn't even recommend spending extra money for replacement.  The included stock OFC cable is NOT your typical low quality ofc wire.  This is high purity copper for sure.

Regarding IT03 vs A91, I will include a detailed comparison in my review, but in general IT03 will have a deeper sub-bass with more quantity and brighter more revealing upper mids with more airiness in treble.  They do have some similarities but also some noticeable differences as well.  IT03 sounds more like a hybrid with a distinct dynamic driver and BA driver performance while A91 has a smoother and more coherent tuning which doesn't sound like hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back