IBasso Audio IT03
Sep 26, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #241 of 3,344
I've been away from this thread for less than two days, and it has exploded. I'm glad to hear the positive comparisons. My pair should be coming in today, and I will try to post some early impressions later on how it compares to my favorite TOTL iems in the Galaxy, Andromeda, and Katana.

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #242 of 3,344

I haven't had the goof fortune to hear the Oriolus although anyway I review purely on the merits of the unit itself

The reason the IT03's 'fascinate me' as an Audio engineer is that they seem to have this magical contradiction in many areas -  
neutral yet rich and lively
to be both bright and smooth,
to be wonderfully detailed and yet wholesome,
at times not seeming to have much bass and yet I never want more bass and then on another album low end is deep and rich

They also have this over all sheen that seems to be layered on top of the general sound signature that makes them appear so joyful and eager to please
But never at the expense of quality

Kind of why I dont wanna say too much until the review because there is lot to discuss with this IEM

AIso, as I mentioned previously I think they have created something quite unique...which in itself impresses me deeply!

May I get some quick impressions between IT03 vs. FLC8S? Looking to pull the trigger real soon

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #243 of 3,344

I haven't had the goof fortune to hear the Oriolus although anyway I review purely on the merits of the unit itself

The reason the IT03's 'fascinate me' as an Audio engineer is that they seem to have this magical contradiction in many areas -  
neutral yet rich and lively
to be both bright and smooth,
to be wonderfully detailed and yet wholesome,
at times not seeming to have much bass and yet I never want more bass and then on another album low end is deep and rich

They also have this over all sheen that seems to be layered on top of the general sound signature that makes them appear so joyful and eager to please
But never at the expense of quality

Kind of why I dont wanna say too much until the review because there is lot to discuss with this IEM

AIso, as I mentioned previously I think they have created something quite unique...which in itself impresses me deeply!

May I get some quick impressions between IT03 vs. FLC8S? Looking to pull the trigger real soon

I really liked the FLC8's a LOT - I have never heard such sweet female vocals but... alas I could never get the low end warmth, richness or impact I wanted to balance that out so i had to let them go
The IT03's remind me a lot of the airy, light, and treble emphasis of the FLC8. I think I can fairly confidently say that if you like the FLC8 then you will also like the IT03's
I wouldn't say one is better than the other but I would say the IT03 has a more over all well rounded and balanced sound signature. I appreciate you can change the FLC8 with filters but they still had a general house sound.
Maybe the IT03 is a more mature professionaly tuned IEM? All frequencies have been treated with great respect so none are allowed to dominate and yet they are all allowed to sing - They really are quite a remarkable IEM
I still very much admire and respect the FLC8 and Im happy to think they have a definite place at the table - but perhaps the best thing is that along with other 3xhybrid IEM's that have come out recently they are all unique enough to share their own special place at the same table.
I should add, the IT03's have a lot more going on within the listening experience and I such I find them more interesting!
Full review very soon...

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #245 of 3,344
Recently, a famous sound engineer said that that over his 50 years of experience it was only 
in his latter years that he really began to understand and appreciate what it meant to understand
what quality bass actually is.
I think when we are younger big, slamming, deep bass etc seems attractive because it has that certain
wow factor about it!
Ive been thinking a lot about this recently and am certainly learning to listen more to low end and try
to more appreciate and understand what 'good bass' is - Listening to some vinyl and recordings from
the 50's and 60's certainly helps!

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #247 of 3,344
What DAPs/players are people pairing their IT03 with?

ibasso iem must go with ibasso dap
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #251 of 3,344
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #252 of 3,344
Anyone have any idea if / when these might land on Amazon? I have some gift points stored up and am thinking of A/Bing this against the CA Nova to see what I prefer. If anyone has both, I'd also love to hear your thoughts on how they compare.

Sep 26, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #253 of 3,344
Another Public Announcement
biggrin.gif

As previously mentioned, IT03 bass does benefit from a long burn in, so give it 150hrs.  I had a number of people asking me about it on head-fi and FB.  Don't jump into the conclusion straight out of the box or after a day or two of listening.  After the burn in, to my ears the bass is more articulate and the quantity of sub-bass will go down a bit.  Also, I'm noticing that sub-bass quantity and upper mids smoothness does vary between different sources.  So, pair up is important as well.

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #254 of 3,344
I'm truly stoked to receive the IT03 soon (hopefully this week). With the recent comments by respected members of how it stacks up vs. the A91 and Andromeda, they speak volumes of what the SQ may be like. And I already thoroughly dig the A91 after less than 2 weeks of ownership. Can't wait to get it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back